Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

One person I have breakfast with almost every morning was a former Sheriff deputy. He can't understand why a lot of people are disgusted with the police. I have asked him when he was a police officer, did he carry special ammo, a machine gun,etc. He always replies by saying "No!"

Each state varies as to what a Sheriff is and what duties they carry out.

In some states a sheriff only transports prisioners from jail/prison to court and back. With almost zero "police" duties. They do carry a side arm but that is it. In some states where there is no local town/city police - the sheriff does this - while in other states - the state police will carry out local police duties.

In other states the sheriff is the police.

And in one state that I know of - anyone can be appointed to deputy sheriff - with no duties other then a badge. A patronage position - unpaid unless called upon - which is never. It's the badge - a status symbol - and used for any minor speeding tickets.

It's official...the USA could be totally farked! If the people in the USA are sooooooooo stupid to elect this old slapper, then

they will get what they deserve!!!

Hillary Clinton announces her presidential campaign

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/hillary-clinton-announces-her-presidential-116202776811.html

After years of often-breathless speculation about her future, Hillary Rodham Clinton confirmed one of the worst-kept secrets in politics: She’s running for president. The former first lady and secretary of state officially entered the 2016 presidential race with a video announcement to supporters Sunday, saying she wants to be the champion of “everyday Americans.â€

“Americans have fought their way back from tough economic times, but the deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top,†Clinton told supporters at the end of a more than two-minute-long video posted on her official campaign website, hillaryclinton.com. “Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion so you can do more than just get by.â€

...and the Hills record of her final time in the Senate...

The Hillary Clinton record: In the Senate, she reached across the aisle, but the old ways there are no more

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/the-hillary-clinton-record-in-the-senate-she-116148327116.html

...In her last two years as a senator, however, Clinton had stopped looking at the grindstone and begun looking at the glass ceiling. She spent increasingly little time in Washington in order to pursue her first national race, meaning that those new members who arrived toward the end of her career are ones she barely got the time to know. Clinton missed 208 of 651 votes held between January 2007 and September 2008. Her congressional attendance was especially poor between October to December 2007 and April to June of 2008, when she missed more than 83 percent of votes and 78 percent of votes, respectively...

Her interactions with lawmakers have become more fraught as Republicans have dug in on Benghazi conspiracy theories — including ones since debunked by seven congressional panels — amid a continuing House special investigation led by Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., who has signaled his intention to broaden the probe to Clinton’s use of a private email account while at State.

And Clinton would go on to spend even less time inside the Beltway as secretary of state. She spent 401 days — more than one full year of her four in the post —traveling overseas, visiting a record 112 countries and covering nearly a million miles...

25 Reasons

1. I respect the civil rights of all Americans, not just those I choose to agree with.

2. I understand basic economics that consumer demand creates jobs, not tax breaks.

3. I know that while mental health does play a part in gun violence, guns are still part of the problem.

4. I understand that science isn’t some form of liberal magic trick.

5. I know that women deserve the same rights in the workplace (and everywhere for that matter — see #1) as men.

6. I know that racism isn’t natural, it’s a learned behavior — and skin color says nothing about the content of ones character.

7. It doesn’t matter if John wants to marry Jane or Jake, it’s none of my business.

8. I know Christianity is about hope, love and compassion—not fear, hate and judgement.

9. When someone needs help, I ask “What can I do?†not “Why?â€

10. Health care is a right, not a privilege. Our ability to live healthier lives shouldn’t be determined by how much we can afford.

11. I understand capitalism can create great things, but it can also destroy them without proper regulations and oversight.

12. I don’t believe that “freedom of religion†means the freedom to force Christianity on every American.

13. I believe diplomacy should be attempted before war.

14. I understand the the government is extremely flawed—but it’s not the enemy.

15. Our right to vote should be made easier, not more difficult.

16. I believe being “pro-life†means supporting all life, not just a fetus before it’s born.

17. Women should determine what they do with their own bodies, not the government.

18. A higher education shouldn’t just be for those who can afford it.

19. I believe in actual history, not the version I wished was real.

20. I understand that we’re not all created equal and some of us need more help than others.

21. I know that there are people who abuse our welfare programs, but that doesn’t make all people on welfare lazy moochers.

22. I believe teachers, fire fighters and police officers are heroes–not overpaid government employees.

23. I feel that unions protect workers rights, they don’t inhibit them.

24. I know climate change is real, and it’s caused by man—not God’s wrath over legalizing same-sex marriage.

25. I believe education is an asset, not a tool for liberal indoctrination.

LINK