Meltdown Likely Under Way At Japan Nuclear Reactor

ozpharlap

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might be the worst nuclear accident in history.

I suspect this will put nuclear energy in a coffin.

The world needs energy' date=' has to come from somewhere, and fossils fuels have there own detriments :beer:[/quote']

I read an interesting article the other day in which solar energy was used during sunlight to compress air and during non sun light time the compress air could be used to run machines, produce electricity, etc.

My first full time job was working in a manufacturing plant that made pneumatic (air) equipment. I was surprised that the military was buying a considerable amount of pumps that ran on air. Surprising to me, those pumps were classified. Still don't know why they were classified.

The world needs energy' date=' has to come from somewhere, and fossils fuels have there own detriments :beer:[/quote']

I read an interesting article the other day in which solar energy was used during sunlight to compress air and during non sun light time the compress air could be used to run machines, produce electricity, etc.

My first full time job was working in a manufacturing plant that made pneumatic (air) equipment. I was surprised that the military was buying a considerable amount of pumps that ran on air. Surprising to me, those pumps were classified. Still don't know why they were classified.

Sounds like you are talking about a perpetual motion machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Sounds like you are talking about a perpetual motion machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Far from it. Pneumatic air tools have been around for a long time.

Read the article.

Also, [color:red]the idea itself is stupid[/color]. BKT isobviously not an engineer.

Solar energy produces electricity and the electricity runs a compressor that stores air. During the time the solar panels don't work, the compressed air can run equipment or even produce electricity.

This all proven technology.

Archived