$100 For A Pack Of Cigarettes?

Flashermac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You fellas make a good case. I've decided to avow myself of any and all activities that could be deemed unhealthy, and then create a grassroots movement pushing for a government mandate that would force all citizens to do the same.

Utopia here we come. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

When I arrive in Thailand I plan on living off of a diet of raw fish, especially shellfish, pulled from the Chao Praya. :)

I do feel sorry for all the rest of you unhealthy bastards -- but never fear, with a little government intervention we'll get you to where us good citizens think you need to be.

Hi,

Don't think they are, which means that his entire list is of items that are NOT cancer causing :)

Sanuk!

btw on a serious note, there does need to be some government regulation. Cigarettes should not be available to kids. And pregnant women definitely should not be smoking, though to what extent that should simply be a cultural value vs government enforcement is debatable.

This conversation is a reflection of the differences in values in people according to where they're from. Europeans tend to favor heavier government regulation, while others are a little more... suspicious.

I interpreted HT's point as illustrating that other items could be targeted using similar logic, because that's the way I think. However, if he was just being a twat calling random items carcinogens to stir the pot -- in that case, well, what are you gonna do? :)

But regardless --> very wary of our own government's anti-smoking measures which go beyond reasonable to fanatical at times, also some very clever folks have made their own discovery -- smoking isn't just big business for tobacco companies, it's also big business for anti-smoking litigators who've made billions in the states.

Swiss woman dies after attempting to live on sunlight; Woman gave up food and water on spiritual journey

Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reports that a woman starved to death after embarking on a spiritual diet that required her to stop eating or drinking and live off sunlight alone.

The Zurich newspaper reported Wednesday that the unnamed Swiss woman in her fifties decided to follow the radical fast in 2010 after viewing an Austrian documentary about an Indian guru who claims to have lived this way for 70 years.

Tages-Anzeiger says there have been similar cases of self-starvation in Germany, Britain and Australia.

The prosecutors' office in the Swiss canton (state) of Aargau confirmed Wednesday that the woman died in January 2011 in the town of Wolfhalden in eastern Switzerland.

This only works if you have chlorophyll.

I remember an Australian woman who was allergic to the (then) 20th century, lived in a hermetically sealed room, couldn't eat 20th century food etc etc. She probably went back to Bingo and the Pub after the TV cameras left.

I remember an Australian woman who was allergic to the (then) 20th century, lived in a hermetically sealed room, couldn't eat 20th century food etc etc. She probably went back to Bingo and the Pub after the TV cameras left.

Bingo ? Jesus, what year was THAT ? :yikes:

Spare a thought for our younger board members like HT - he has probably never even heard the term. :stirthepo

Archived