Understanding Their View of Your $$$ Money $$$

zanemay

P127 makes a good point, in LOS we have all broken laws, we are allowed in with a great deal of tolerence because well, we spend money, which provides jobs for the locals. In the USA, the illeagles provide services for other Americans, almost always at a lower cost, which allows consumers to get more for less, thus the money goes further. I seriously doubt there would be vast improvements in the economy if we kicked all illeagles out. The USA is a country built on and by immigrants, some who came illeagelly years back, some who came before there were immigration laws.

I see the trouble with the current immigration policy as being to open ended. For example, we have all sorts of requirements for Thai girls to enter, or for professional people to come into the USA, yet if some guy floats up in an inner tube from Haiti or Cuba, we just say "sure, stay...no job? no problem, there's welfare for you..." the system does need an overhaul for sure, maybe we need to discuss suggestions on how to fix it. So, any ideas?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"People who break the law are criminals. It's the very definition of criminal. Look it up if you don't believe me."

I looked it up.

Criminal: a person who is guilty of crime. Crime: a violation of law, esp if serious. (Chambers Concise Dictionary, New Edition).

Criminal: a person convicted of a crime. Crime: an action that is deemed injurious to the public welfare and is legally prohibited. (Random House Webster's College Dictionary 1992)

Hm. The first one is the English I have learned (cf. the difference between "crime" and "delit"). The second one certainly supports db's loose usage of the word "criminal".

Archived