Understanding Their View of Your $$$ Money $$$

zanemay

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, in hind sight, I can see the bond idea having more than a few abuses. It would be good in assuring the government some repayment for services rendered on the visitor's behalf, should it come to that. However, I can see where it would be used by wealtheir people as a way of shorting the process.

"My ancestors did. Showed up at immigration and got stamped in, nice and legal"

Nice,legal and easy.At that time.you got very lucky and mixing up plane highjackers and illegal workers makes you feel alright??

From Pattaya to DB "I see much righteousness in your point, and am surprised at this "them vs us" stance since you live abroad in a 3rd world country"

So I am ,reminds me of a french guy I met in BKK,he was on the french dole,enjoying it in Thailand where it was still a few times the local minimum salary,wich I wouldn't mind if he wasn't in the same time claiming french(or european?) borders should be close to foreigners who take the local jobs.That means wanting totally undeserved privilege and claiming the right of birth legitimises them.And local law in DB view,but I guess he knows that if a certain number of illegal migrants are tolerated it's because the authorities don't consider them child murderers or whatever he quoted them before.

Ain't there BTW a difference between "delit" and "crime" in english?Pattaya maybe?

DB,

I am going to gracefully bow out of our debate, not because I don't enjoy it but because the arguments are becoming circular. I am sure you and I can utilize all of the bandwith on Nana with our discussion and still not budge in our opinions. The same as it happens in the States with the politicians. I agree that we disagree.

Regards,

JJsushi

I try again that paragraph once and than I'll follow Jjsushi

That reminds me of a french guy I met in BKK,he was under french social welfare ,enjoying(actually illegally) it in Thailand where it amounted to several times the local minimum salary. I wouldn't have minded his behaviour if he wasn't in the same time claiming french borders should be closed to foreigners who come over and take the local jobs.

For me that means pretty much this guy wanted to enjoy totally undeserved privilege and claimed the right of birth legitimised them.DB makes pretty much the same claim.I guess he knows that if a certain number of illegal migrants are tolerated and sometimes given a legal immigrant status later on,it's because the authorities don't consider them child murderers or whatever he quoted them before.

Actually I won't follow JJsushi...

"If you're trying to equate immigratipon policy of one or two centuries ago with policy today, I've already covered this in another thread. The point where unlimited immigration can be absorbed is long past."

I do agree with you on this point,it wasn't the one wich disturbed me

Thanks Iyutrede for the explaination,it's the one I was looking for.Implying someone smoking in a public place or enduring lots of hardship to get in a situation most locals would shrugg off harms the same way than a guy highjacking a plane and sending it wherever he thinks apropriate is IMO ill meant.

I feel fine. People who break the law are criminals. It's the very definition of criminal. Look it up if you don't believe me.

------------------------------------------

your high standing reminds me that prostitution is illegal in LOS. So, are you a criminal? Or the them vs us makes it ok to break laws in LOS but not in USA. Incidentally, an awful lot of illegal immigrants in the US are as unlikely to be chased or prosecuted as any farang Bfining in Pattaya/Suk.

Archived