Olympics

sayjann

I'm amazed and delighted he did it. Tough fight ahead of him. Maybe he'll have to beat the Chinese guy over the head with a stool to convince the judges though. :boxing:

that's by the way the same chinese guy (and Olympic Champion in Beijing) he lost 4 years ago! but that was before even the semi final! people are excited in Kampheng Phet and in whole Thailand. but the final is a bit late! something like 0230 in the morning!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry sayjann but with two identical posts you can not win two bronze medals! :neener:

i look around my bedroom and i see many gold,silver and bronze medals from my athletic days.

may not mean much to you and the pro's competing in the Olympics but a great deal to me.

at least i have the satisfaction of taking part in events from 100m to 100 miles.

of course i was crap and normally near the back of the field at the finish but at least i done the bloody things.

but i would love to see some of these super-dooper athletes do what i did over the years.

i could compete in their events but i would like to see Usain Bolt run(and walk a lot)in a 100 mile event.

i had to give up running when i got really suffered in an 80 mile event and my mind got fucked up.

took me months to recover and i just decided that was that.

Men's 5000m is on tonight, and eagerly awaited by the Brits who are hoping their 10,000m champ can pull of the double.

I dont know how many have you have been timed over 5km, but its a scary distance IMO - far enough to kill yourself but too short to settle into a 'wait and see' rhythm. From memory, we had to do it in under 20 minutes back in my Army days - hardly a gruelling pace for most - but many of the women struggled. My best time was a little over 16 minutes (plenty of soldiers behind me at that pace - too msny sausage rolls), and the 'Regiment Greyhound' was capable of 2 minutes under that (the lazy sod rarely had to extend himself) - hard to imagine anyone doing it in 12:37 ..... blows my tiny mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5000_metres

No surprise, for me anyway, that some of those times have remained untouched for so long. Looking forward to this one.

Chanatip Sonkham - she's got a bronze in Taekwondo. 3 medals for LOS.

post-98-0-15986900-1344514817.jpg

Interesting - I wondered how many Thais practice a martial art other than Muay Thai. Stands to reason that the same physical and mental toughness they take into the ring would make them tough competitors in another discipline. Not a huge fan of sport Taekwondo personally, but KS deletes any posts about 'MT vs xxxx', so I'll leave it there. :stirthepo

Archived