No More Drunken Passengers ?

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

I did research this very board about 30 times up and down without finding any enlightening details about what i think causes massive turbulance regarding organising a decent night out downtown .

I am talking about a new Thai government activity which says that in future no more drunken passengers , god forbid drivers , are allowed to travel on public roads .

A major impact on transport in general .

Does that mean that from now on thousands of unconscious punters can can be found dead asleep along lower Suk in heavy rain surrounded by looting ladyboys ?

Hell what are we heading for , does Stickman know ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubi,

You have misread the new ruling, it says nothing about being a drunk passenger in a Vehicle but it is against drinking Alcohol as a passenger IN THE VEHICLE.

Occupants of vehicles of any kind who drink alcohol during travel are now subject to six months imprisonment and/or a Bt60,000 fine, the Office of Alcoholic Beverages announced yesterday.

The penalties will also be imposed on drinkers in vehicles parked on sidewalks or shoulders of public roads, including sois, regardless of whether the vehicles are moving, OAB director Samarn Footrakool said.

Passengers of railbased transport who drink are not subject to the penalties, which took effect on Wednesday. Drinking occupants and drivers will be equally liable for such violations. "The only exceptions under this law are occupants of vehicles parked in front of their homes," he said.

Stop Drink Foundation director Theera Watcharapranee said the law would be helpful in reducing road accident casualties associated with drunk driving, but a limit or restriction on sales of alcohol during long holiday breaks would be more supportive of the law. New restrictions on consumption and sale of alcohol in factories will take effect 90 days from Monday's endorsement of a separate law.

My link

Mr Mekong ,

thank you for explaining the full truth . I did only refer to a brief notice in a German newspaper which of course could not clarify the issue .

I am in deep depression .

I did promise lovely Nok a journey to her home-village near Khorat for my next trip which so far i could avoid by bringing up urgent issues in China but now it's over . We shall do the outbound trip by train which Nok thinks is bare stupidity as such but backwards we take sort of a luxury-bus , recommended here by our Great Leader Khunsanuk .

Could you , Mr. Mekong , please contact Madame Yingluck or the fellow from the Stop Drink Association how I could ever survive a 4 hours ride on a Thai bus without appropriate medicine ?

you could ask the driver to drive on the rail track! then you are allowed to drink!

Correct

As the article states, "The Law is not applicable to Railway Passengers"

It is an amendment to the Road Traffic act and therefore only applies to Motor Vehicles on the road and not applicable to Rail or Air Transportation.

Gentlemen ,

WE ARE FACING A PLETHORA OF UNSOLVED ISSUES !!!!

Let us just imagine I am sitting on a Tuktuk and drink Mekong Wittki . You certainly got it already fellow boardsmen : is ON a tuktuk IN a tuktuk ? Nobody thinks using a tuktuk does mean you are inside anything .

Further they say that in front of your house you can drink within a vehicle . Great approach , I spend most of my timwe drinking in a car in front of my estate . Nonetheless , do you have to present a chanot (sp?) class A to prove it is your house or just a declaration " Is mine " shall be accepted .

Oh dear

Archived