Men get better and women get desperate?

"What age do men start to lose their appeal?"

some more generalizations:

38 is statistically the age where age-related diseases start to crop up (before that age, statistically men are healthy), including diminishing sexual prowess (actually this starts a lot earlier, but by now the women will notice). It is also about the age where even Asians can see that you are not young anymore (Westerners have seen it long before, as mentioned before, when you were in your early thirties).

A little bit after this, early forties is statistically the age where men start to seek plastic surgery.

In my home country in Western Europe and in many Asian countries society accepts a man being on his way to success until his early thirties. This means it's ok if he is not (yet) married, has no kids (yet), is not (yet) well-off, maybe is still pursuing some postgraduate studies or backpacking in Patagonia. By your late thirties, if all this still didn't change you are considered an oddity, certainly not appealing to most women. If it did change you may still be attracteive - but you are married!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as I age I've noticed more & more youngish ladies refer to "middle aged" male sexiness in the Sean Connery mode..

if I mention I'm to old for her, & she mentions Sean then I know I'm acceptable..

some girls Thai & Farang appreciate maturity ( & often the bank account associated with maturity )

Speaking of the geezer we'd all like to emulate, I saw a Pic of him in 1952 photo as a Scottish bodybuilding champ!

"Speaking of the geezer we'd all like to emulate, I saw a Pic of him in 1952 photo as a Scottish bodybuilding champ!"

The guy was also smart enough to get away form the crappy weather of Great Britain and move to the Carribean decades ago. Much better for your health and longevity.

Those of you who think Connery is the epitome of an older guy who has kept his 'oomph', check out two of my heroes : Harrison Ford and Bruce Springsteen. OK, Connery has 10-15 years on both of them, but neither strikes me as someone who is just going to let himself go anytime soon.

Its frightening to think that the people we grew up watching on stage and screen are in their 50's and 60's now, although they usually dont look it.

I cant do much about my lack of millionaire status, but the diet and exercise things is still within my control.

"I have a very definite theory about the phenomonem (sp?) of younger girls and older men, and conversely, the rarity of the reverse.

But...it relates to issues we have disagreed upon in the past, so I'll just keep my mouth shut......"

??? what issues?

go on tell me...I'm always open to having my mind changed.

"It amuses me, when we were teenagers even a plain girl could wield enormous power over us lads if she provided sex. As time passes you do start to see the balance of power swing. "

exactly right...and thats why I posted - I've actually been feeling genuinely sorry for some of the over 30 single ladies at work- theres an air of genuine desperation about them that makes it uncomfortable to even talk to some of them

i remember thinking a couple of years back just how easy life was for sexy women - they get treated well by everyone, everybody wants to be their friends, they get to enjoy life and then settle down with a kind rich guy and never have to work - but the converse I guess is to consider life for the ugly women - shunned by society almost, unable to find a man - now that is depressing

"The guy was also smart enough to get away form the crappy weather of Great Britain and move to the Carribean decades ago."

i read in the paper this weekend that Connery has moved back to Scotland permanently and is annoying the scottish head govt honcho by visiting him too frequently and trying to interfere with politics

Guess he got bored in his Carribean paradise or maybe he is jetting back and forth. I was amazed to see him still married to what I think is his first wife. She looked like she was his age. I thought a guy like him would have a young thing on his arm.

Anyway if he is back in that crappy weather then watch his ass age noticeably!

Archived