Men get better and women get desperate?

>I am reaching my 30 ,too.But I did not feel that I am getting desperate at all! The more older I get ,the more wiser I am(I hope:)) I m not afriad to be 35 years old single woman,have no children. I am fine if I dont have one,children are everywhere in the world So, a child from me can't make any different.

Eventhough ,A lot of women fear to losing their look but what you get in return when you are older is understanding self confident etc.It's make women seemed to me 'charming'

Well said, oo7

From my expeience, the Western society put a lot of pressure on being a 'couple'. Have heard of single friends had to find a male friend or their relatve to be with them on social occasion because they 'can't ' go there alone. People will ask them whythey didn't have boyfiends blah blah blah. And they was embarressed to say they didn't have one!

But for us Thais, it's ok to go to a party, wedding receptions, etc alone. Nobody cares. Yes, they get asked by the question but there is no pressure to find a male companion to go with.

GTG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my expeience, the Western society put a lot of pressure on being a 'couple'. Have heard of single friends had to find a male friend or their relatve to be with them on social occasion because they 'can't ' go there alone. People will ask them whythey didn't have boyfiends blah blah blah. And they was embarressed to say they didn't have one!

-------------------------

strange. I never heard of, nor experienced that. Western women have achieved the kind of freedom that allows them to go out alone in any occasion, if they wish.

I also do not believe western society puts that kind of pressure. Some may ask, but pressure, no. Even families, after a while, let you live as you wish. On the contrary, everywhere i go in Asia, people have a hard time understanding the concept of being single. This is where i get the "how come?" question constantly. To be 30 plus and not married seems like a sorry situation to them.

>BassGod, I hope you pay them well to compensate.

Your implication couldn't be less correct. I treat the ladies very well, and they're always glad to see me back. I only pay 1000-1500 and that always seems to be plenty. In fact once I paid a girl at night while very drunk and tried to pay her again in the morning and she didn't take the second 1500.

Poster: ThaiGirlLover

>As a Thai girl gets older, doesn't the Sin Sot price become less?

Depends on the background of the two familes. If they are both wealthy the sinsot will be a lot though the bride is relatively old ( say over 35).

It depends on a lot of things.

GTG

As to the original subject line I would say generally yes. There is a newshow in the states called '60 minutes' that had a segment stating that women start losing fertility after age 27. Contrary to widely accepted notions of mid 30s. A few very successful women were intereviewed and they said that they put marriage and babies on hold to further their careers and find themselves now in their mid to late 30s, unable to find a suitable mate in their socio-economic group, unable to have a baby physically, even with the latest fertility methods and are generally unhappy.

Men in that age group and even that socio-economic status have a much wider range of choices from the aforementioned women to women in their 20s as well as LOS (had to throw that in there--smile--).

I know personally university degreed female coworkers on the managment track who in their early to mid 20s would not date a guy unless he was a professional making a certain amount, driving a certain type of car, etc. or they were in party mode and would date a string of guys who bought them drinks at bars, took them on trips, etc.

By their late 20s, the guys who were elgible are now married and the pickings are a little slimmer so they lower their standards a little and he can have a job that is now a VP powerbroker type. He can work as a government or public employee in some bureaucratic office somewhere. By their mid 30s they are online and some are in desparation mode.

I know one professional job who asked if I had friends she could meet and a few very close female freinds said half jokingly 'I'm just looking for a guy who seems like he's looking for a job'.

Personally, its so easy to find women at this age (I'm in my mid 30s) than ever before. I don't have kids and the first question is why I'm not married or have kids. My problem is I've been LOS and have 'seen the light' so to speak. These women have 'baggage' in my opinion. Past relationships or broken hearts that never quite mended and I have to pay emotional reparations for the sins of those guys. I have baggage I must admit and its the pre-packed suitcase for my next trip to LOS. Its litterally and figuretively my baggage and impedes relationships I may form here.

"women start losing fertility after age 27"

in the UK, the chance of a 40 year old childless woman ever having children is quoted as 10% (this is due to a combination of biological, cultural, socioeconomic reasons-not only biological)

i've heard cultural anthropologists describe a current and relentlessly advancing 'epidemic of childless women' these are those women who in their 20's bought into the western dream of the superwoman - that beautiful bright intelligent young thing who could go to university, get a great job, advance rapidly whilst juggling a happy sex/family life

those same women are now in their mid-late 30's and having to face the grim reality - for all except the talented few - its a straight choice between career or kids - these women chose career with the intention of fitting kids in, only they've found that they never really had the chance to get those kids, the work consumed them - so they are desperate/depressed as they now approach that stage in their lives where they may have that great career but are regretting the huge sacrifice that it took to get them there. Looks fading, personalities hardened by the corporate rat race, disillusioned by the emptiness of a life alone at the top, faced with having to compete with those pretty young things around them to catch those solvent men who are only getting better with age.

like some kind of modern day allegory I've heard Ally McBeal has now been axed - she was the mid-20 professional girls icon in the early days of the series - beautiful, intelligent, witty, successful - they all identified with her neuroses whilst simultaneously wanting to emulate her

- towards the end of the latest series she has became much more a sad character of pity, thin, gaunt, anorexic, looks fading, manless, childless, unhappy, the neuroses which before were quirky and part of her charm have now been exposed as sad, self-loathing, depressive ruminations

there's no doubt in my mind that there are a lot of desperate (the perfect adjective in this context) single professional women around (in London)- I see at work every day and feel bad for them I really do

I have a very good friend who is divorced at 37. His wife ran off with an old boyfriend. They were childless.

He was depressed for a long time until I told him that he will get the last laugh when she finds she will be childless and probably lonely.

Well, the old boyfriend left her for a younger version. She is bitter. Can not find a guy who wants a 37 y.o. divorcee who looks 47.

I take no pleasure though in the circumstances for women as I have a number of female friends in the same predicament. One was fortunate enough to have a baby artificially inseminated at 41 but it took her 1 1/2 years of continuing attempts and several thousand dollars.

I recall seeing a few women a few years ago in our office suddenly pregnant at 28, 29, 30. These women were career women. Was able to avoid being pregnant for years. Went to college, got an office job, etc. Then suddenly there was an 'accident'. My suspicion is they knew the bio clock was ticking and got pregnant. I never disclosed my suspicions to anyone but it was interesting to me how they were having sex since their teens and went 10-15 years of never getting pregnant or possibly once and getting it aborted but would get pregnant at that time.

The laws are changing to accomodate such women. Companies either by choice due to the high number of women in strategic positions or by law are changing materinity leave times and making it easier to have a baby on the job. I've seen or heard of 'nursing/milking' rooms, onsite day care, etc.

Some states even have it where ANY woman who states a man is the father will have to pay until he can prove otherwise. In other words the onus is on him. Or if he is lied to and is paying child support, and later finds out its not him he still has to pay! Or if he is not the father but has dated her for a certain amount of time and has built a rapport with the child/children he may be liable to pay support if he leaves her! Washington state, California are but a couple of states that have such laws. This is off the subject a little but its an example how the legislature is making it easier for single mothers, etc.

Archived