Men get better and women get desperate?

Cool dampish weather is my sorta of heaven.

the carabean sun is rough

FOR ME, the worst part of LOS is the heat!

Sean is some sort of separtist, right?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The guy was also smart enough to get away form the crappy weather of Great Britain and move to the Carribean decades ago."

Which didn't do much for former Edinburgh milkman "Tam" Connery's credibility as proud and outspoken champion of the Scottish Nationalist Party. Neither did his regular appearances a few years ago in TV commercials for the undrinkable Suntory Japanese whisky. Then he finally moves back to Scotland and starts swanning around in a kilt again, but only AFTER they've won independence. Hypocritical, moi? blush.gif

(Good looking guy, though, and a brilliant actor. Brilliant at playing Sean Connery, anyway.)

I've been seeing some of the younger girls (early 20s) go for older guys (30ish, very early 30s) and the reason is guys their own age are 'immature' (meaning no money some of the time).

I have a very good friend who is 24, her friends are 19-25 and they seem to date guys late 20s and early 30s. But its personal observation, not sure if its like that everywhere.

Women seem not to age well. Women my age seem at least 5 years older than me.

I hear female coworkers who are late 20s and 30s complain about the unavailability of men endlessly. A pretty woman will always be able to attract men. But the average looking 30 something woman seems to be in a bad state IMHO. Men her age are dating women a lot younger. Her bio clock is ticking. Her looks have faded. She's usually put on a few extra pounds. It appears easier to date now (in my mid 30s) than when I was in my early 20s. The problem is I have no patience with them. It may not be their fault but after having 20 something Thai women fawning over you (albeit its the power of the baht) its hard to date women here now.

with my 37 yrs i'm happy that my Gf is nearly on my same age.

I think its better to have a partner with about same age than

one with a big different.

Ok everbody is different but most thai ladies are children till

they are 25/26 yrs old and i dont want to be their daddy.

I know some farangs who brings ladies with around 23 yrs old

to my country, and they are not happy wih the daddy role they has to play daily.

How soon do women start getting desperate (due to biological clocks, losing their looks etc), and does the degree of desperation increase proportionately with time?

I am reaching my 30 ,too.But I did not feel that I am getting desperate at all! The more older I get ,the more wiser I am(I hope:)) I m not afriad to be 35 years old single woman,have no children. I am fine if I dont have one,children are everywhere in the world So, a child from me can't make any different.

Eventhough ,A lot of women fear to losing their look but what you get in return when you are older is understanding self confident etc.It's make women seemed to me 'charming'

007, that's the right attitude to take. I've seen women who come into her own so to speak and is happy with who she is. Doesn't display any 'baggage' and has a good outlook on life, etc. Its attractive frankly, when you see it.

However, I would say you are the exception than the rule.

Regarding another post about women closer in age. I would agree to a certain extent, since there is a certain maturity and women tend to understand men better as they get a little older and figure out you can't change us. But as men, sometimes we want the brand new sports car and not a very reliable, well running, older model.

"(Good looking guy, though, and a brilliant actor. Brilliant at playing Sean Connery, anyway.) "

Pierce Brosnan is the best ever Bond though!

"Regarding another post about women closer in age. I would agree to a certain extent"

having previously spent a lot of time in UK hospitals one of the saddest things i constantly saw was the HUGE number of widowed elderly women in clinics and on the wards

men tend to die 5 years younger than women, hence men that marry women 5-10 years younger than themselves die leaving their wives alone for the last 10-15 years of their life - that is a LONG time to be alone and isolated (as well as sick/poor)

its heartbreaking to see how many lonely elderly women there are - the problem is compounded in England particularly whereby English culture tends to leave the elderly alone (often in institutions such as old folks homes) unlike the strong family culture of Indians/South east asians where children are duty bound and want to look after their elderly parents usually caring for them personally and in the same home

having to cancel/reschedule/delay clinic visits/operations because English elderly ladies did not have any means of transport to the hospital (ie none of their relatives would take a day off work to take them) is a daily occurrence in the NHS - the same problem very very rarely occurs with asian families

(not infrequently the elderly asians would come to clinic with a whole posse of family members, all eager to help)

so from a humane point of view it makes most sense for men to marry women 5 years older so that they can spend the rest of their lives together and die together

"its heartbreaking to see how many lonely elderly women there are - the problem is compounded in England particularly whereby English culture tends to leave the elderly alone (often in institutions such as old folks homes) unlike the strong family culture of Indians/South east asians where children are duty bound and want to look after their elderly parents usually caring for them personally and in the same home"

I am afraid to say that even the family structure of Asia will be destroyed by Western Capitalism and Culture. Recently elderly people in Singapore and China have been suing their children for not providing for them in old age.

Archived