Cent, Thalenoi, everybody,and the thread '6 months with a BG'

Goodthaigirl

"........the biggest barrier between you and them is truth ! You are looking for the truth and they ( some , not all ) are looking for support , agreement , affirmation , nurturing etc. etc. etc. "

Put bluntly, I think he's buttering you up (that'll get him out of the closet!). And who's looking for support now?

Not all of us need our egos to be cossetted. And from every book I've read about Thais and everything I've gleaned over 8 years, I think it's extremely unlikely that you're more eager to seek the truth than the farangs!

By the way, I add my support to the 80% theory. I know (sometime just know!) hundreds of the little vixens and the stats are about right.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, referring to the original thread "6 months with a BG" I am back in Thailand with Mee since 26 June.

Just "bragging" around I went to Samitivej hospital with her because she has some pain docters in Chumpon did not manage to identify correctly after 3 visits and lots of medication, which makes me doubt seriousely about the quality of the thai medical system.

We also went to visit her parents in Udon province where we spent some time. Many people work hard in the rice fields for little money, hardly surviving. I joined some of these people to the fields to experience this.

I hope I am not ommitting important facts which migth mislead readers here.

In my opinion they have far to many children, which then are supposed to work to support the parents and the rest of the family. Some of them go to Bangkok to work in factories or shops and sent monthly money. But we do know all this.

Some of them go into prostitution. But as GTG says, they have a choice. To bad for those who made the wrong decision, lets burn them. The Inquisition did so, isn't it?

I have lost the appetite to post here.

Just be all assured Mee and myself are happy together.

"edited on request of some moderator"

thalenoi: "I have lost the appetite to post here."

I hope you regain your appetite.

I'm sure you didn't mean to start one of the most controversial threads and have your story dragged every which way. But I think a lot of good came out of the thread. New ideas surfaced, people took stands, and I certainly feel I know a few posters better than I did before.

If we don't hear from you (which again I hope you will reconsider) I wish you both good luck.

> But it shows something from your answer. You view that being a 'housewife' is not a job- just a wife, right?

Wrong. I never said 'housewife.' That's all I can tell. But it shows something from your question.

PS: How am I doing?

To use personal experience to illustrate a point? How can we know the point is valid if we don't ask for clarifications eg, story teller motives, more background,etc.

------------------------------

general answer:

this is best done without being sarcastic or argumentative. If he has a story to tell, the best way is to ask him to tell the story, not judging it/him before it's told (and even after).

"........the biggest barrier between you and them is truth ! You are looking for the truth and they ( some , not all ) are looking for support , agreement , affirmation , nurturing etc. etc. etc. "

---------------------------------------

usually, a few days with one on a first trip, and you never have to encumber yourself with big words as TRUTH anymore. Actually, that's one of the first signs of maturity for anyone wanting to enjoy life and open up to other people. A relationship or a trip to a 3rd world country will then only be a confirmation that TRUTH has indeed more than one shade of grey. Kindly apply to your opinion of girls working in bars, and farangs coming to them.....

thalenoi,

>I have lost the appetite to post here.

>Just be all assured Mee and myself are happy together.

I think so. Please don't waste your time on this board when you will have a valuable time with your gf (I can't say mai noi, can't I? So, I won't say it smile.gif It's was a tease, ok? )

>>>Fortunatelly, she does not give a f*** what people like you think.

>>Good for her. I think she'd rather give a f** (or two) with you.

What's wrong with my reply? This is the thing two people would like to do when they are in a relationship, isn't it? That's part of the reason people like you coming back for. Let's face it.

I hope after your trip you would care enough to post an update for us to enjoy. Many of the board members need some encouragements.

GTG

bibblies,

>Not all of us need our egos to be cossetted. And from every book I've read about Thais and everything I've gleaned over 8 years, I think it's extremely unlikely that you're more eager to seek the truth than the farangs!

Is it a racist comment? I think not. Well..what can I say you haven't met me tongue.gif

GTG

"Is it a racist comment? I think not. Well..what can I say you haven't met me"

What do you mean? You "think not" to it being a racist comment or "think not" that farangs are more likely to seek out the truth?

If the second, I thought a generally accepted cultural (not racial - it's not in the genes!) difference between Thai and Western values is the perception of truth. The concept of honesty and integrity is very high on a Westerner's (Englishman's at least!) agenda whereas, to a Thai, the preservation of face and surface harmony matters much more. Thus, for example, a Westerner is far more likely to voice unpleasant truths than a Thai, for whom, it is said, the truth is what the other person wants to hear.

This is generally accepted by Western academics. Isn't it by Thai ones?

(I'm annoying myself by writing "Western" with a capital "W". This isn't right, is it? Somebody tell me..)

bibblies,

>>"Is it a racist comment? I think not. Well..what can I say you haven't met me"

>What do you mean? You "think not" to it being a racist comment or "think not" that farangs are more likely to seek out the truth?

The first one smile.gif

>a Westerner is far more likely to voice unpleasant truths than a Thai, for whom, it is said, the truth is what the other person wants to hear.

We can voice unpleasent truths as well. It's not a black and white thing. But we do it in a different way, more tactful ( I think it's the word.).

GTG

Archived