Cent, Thalenoi, everybody,and the thread '6 months with a BG'

Goodthaigirl

Hi Mad Max : Having spent a good deal of time in India over the past ten years I do agree with most of what you posted ie; most prostitutes in India are imported from other areas such as Nepal . Most of them are sold into slavery after being kidnapped . It is not common for an Indian father or mother to bring them into the trade . There is a district in Bombay they call " The Cages" where young women are openly displayed in cages for customers to choose from . The big difference I find between India and Thailand when it comes to the sex trade is hygiene . In India the women and conditions they reside in are so deplorable that most westerners are immediately turned off rather than on ! Also the prostitutes in India are not friendly and cannot speak a word of english which is another turn off ! Even though India has the largest ( and fastest growing ) middle class in all of Asia it's prostitution community is relatively small compared to Thailand. Also you mentioned that it is mostly poor Indian men that frequent the red light district and the reason being they are the only ones who can tolerate the conditions these girls work in ! A couple of times I was invited to partake but I declined the invitation .

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I', not sure how well you all know the Thai nitelife scene.

Thsi is very different from the farang scene. BG's in the farang scene (PP, SC, NP) have usually had Thai husbands, who left after fathering 1 or 2 kids. The girls are almost all from poor Isarn villages and mostly considered "quite ugly" by Thai standards. The fact that she was rejected by a Thai, makes her not acceptable to another Thai. She could work in a factory indeed, and many start off that way, but the income is not enough if you have kids to support. No option really than to enter the farang scene, as most tourist seem to appreciate the small darker skinned ones anyway, and having 1 or 2 kids is not considered a major issue after the "relationship" has moved to a seceond stage.

Girls in the Thai scene are mch different. Rarely from Isarn, but rather from the central or northern region. They are a lighter skinned and most importantly not have had any kids.

There ultimate objective is to gain a rich supporter and become a "mia noi", not the "mia luang" that farang often seek amongst BG's. The successful "mia noi" are very well loked after (house or appartment, BMW or another flashy car, and lost of money). The "mia noi" will aften have kids by her supporter.

For a well to do Thai having a "mia noi" adds to their status.

For a Farang in Thailand marrying a BG lowers his status considerably in the eyes of a Thai.

Beleive me when I say that any Thai immediately recognizes if your Thai wife was a former BG or not. If that is the case you (and your wife) will never be fully accepted by the Thais.

My wife is Thai (non-BG) and I can say that she would never become friends with the BG wife of any farang friend of mine. In fatc she does not even want to be seen together.

However, if you have a non BG wife and a "mia noi" on the side your chances at being accepted are much higher. It would show that you are apparently well-to-do and understand the this aspect of Thai society. Of course you should also know when you should show up somewhere with your "mia luang" or your "mia noi" as the social status of the 2 is quite different.

I don't know what part of a post of mine you are referring to.

Your description of the thai scene, i recognize as i have learnt it is. Of course, we should qualify ugly, as Issarn girls are not ugly at all, but brown skinned, which, except on the french riviera beaches, has always been the butt of racism and ostracism in most of the world. I find it funny that the region that offers the best in terms of genuine thainess, which still carries many local traditions (like mo-lam music), unlike westernized thais of the central region and their fake "back to Thailand" trends (they mean "back to Mercedes and BMW, and quick!"), is the one thais would be most ashamed of. It would be like Jamaica spitting on reggae, and producing top 40 hits, what an achievement!

So, thais who will not be seen associating with an Issanite(man or girl, of course) are just racist, for lack of a better word, that's all! And i can do without them as well. This said, if you meet wealthy thai guys who do not have to be rigidly pliant to thai prejudices about skin color, like the ones i know in San Francisco, they can see a beautiful girl when you show them one (pix), Issan origins make no difference.

Sorry, you hit a point about racial/economic prejudices i feel strongly about. nouveau-riche Middle- classes play that "you belong/not belong" game around the world. The last part of your post about your proper wife makes me even more curious if you have told her about the young woman you have been befriending and want to help.

I tend to agree with. My post was not my own opinion but a a view from the Thai perspective. Indeed a pity but it is also a reality

<<It would be like Jamaica spitting on reggae, and producing top 40 hits>>

The Jamaicans have actually gone a step further.

The actual Rastafarians, whom many do not EVER see as they live in the jungles of the island or in the Ghettos of Kingston do not command a great deal of respect from the Jamaicans living in the more touristy areas. Although their movement did help Jamaica become free of British authority (not a flame on the British) 'Modern' Jamaica and it's reliance on tourism has created an odd spurning of traditionally held Rastafarian beliefs, culture, and respect.

original post edited for over-generalization and non-Political correctness. Sorry

orandanodes,

>However, if you have a non BG wife and a "mia noi" on the side your chances at being accepted are much higher.

Accepted? By whom? I bet by Thai men. But I doubt they will get accepted by Thai women these days. A friend of mine just told me one of her supervisors (the wife) asked for a divorce because her husband had a mia noi. Better hide it well- man. Thai women are less tolerating if they are financially independent !

GTG

PS. I corrected the word from tolerated to tolerating. Thank you Pattaya127 for pointing that out. smile.gif

Sorry for bringing this back up so late, but you didn't respond to my main point: the suspicion that your attitude towards these girls comes through a veil of some jealousy as you lie trapped in the stifling "Good Thai Girl" life.

You can deny it all you want, by the way.wink.gif

Pattya127,

What are you doing??? You IDIOT!, we had her. Two months of work, down the drain.....

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif.....

Archived