Stickman Leaving Thailand Soon

Belem

On the matter of Thai women moving with husbands to a westernised country I've known cases where the wife assimilated maybe 5% and other cases where they have assimilated maybe 105%. Both are/were bad from the male farang partners point of view. When it comes to males from westernised countries residing in Thailand to be with the wives, well same same I guess, from what I've seen. The successful ones are where a balance is struck, a middle ground found, compromise and acceptance, willingly or grudgingly play a part in making it work.

Marriage is a societal construct to give stability, and to some extent it does - or is necessary. Still, committing to stay with a partner and live together until death is no easy thing. For some it's worthwhile, for many it's not the best recipe for a meaningful existence.

• Like 1

I know it's no easy thing to love a wife - but I certainly love mine. You extoll virtues of the legal system, well my simple answer is I love my wife. She loves me to, in this high life. We make mistakes sure - doesn;t everyone, but you seem to extoll such an cynical attitude that I couldn't refrain from commenting on. But good post otherwise.. Cheers Paaaaanadol.

• Like 1

Where is the reference, didn't see it but the site is so hard to read

My post #77 is in error which may have misled sorry.

My post states "refers to his "bad wife" on last weeks (22-Mar) edition" should actually say refers to his "bad wife" on last weeks (15-Mar) edition. Its in the column called "Home Is Home, Thailand Isn't" where he mentions her.