It's Not Like They Can Repossess Greece Is It.

Pride in oneself and country of birth is everything. A Greek friend called around our house today, and glad to see his pride has returned as a Greek man. Much like Thai's the Greeks are a proud people, now they stand united once again and have voted no to a life of bondage and more austerity measures imposed on them by unelected bureaucrats and bankers.

Many will suffer great hardship, banks are closed people will go hungry, but they were suffering anyway, but at least now they break the chains of slavery to the world order of the unelected few.

Yes you are right, even an idiot such as myself can see the EU is doomed to failure ....

The people of Greece have said no .....

What part of no is difficult to understand ...

I support them, in their struggle for the return of true democracy. l hope they grexit soon, and leave the EU in the dustpan of history where it belongs.

post-55327-0-72967200-1436381408_thumb.jpg

The EU wanted to accomplish what we have in the USA, individual states under the Federal Gov.

The EU would combine all the countries (states) and be under the EU (Federal Gov).

Good idea but the countries are so diversified; culture, forms of government, currency, etc.

They did good to get as far as they got, IMO.

Hi,

"What part of no is difficult to understand ..."

From what I understand (and I admit that I have not been following this closely), the Greeks have been spending way too much money over the last several years, getting big loans/bailouts from other countries and now can not (or do not want to) pay it back, nor are they willing to take measures to reduce their spending.

So, looks to me that they brought this onto themselves.

Sanuk!

Essentially it works like this.

I borrow money, I then pay it back. Simple really.

If I fail to pay it back, because my circumstances have changed, or because I entered into an agreement whose conditions were so onerous that I couldn't pay it back, or I just borrowed more that I could possibly pay back, like twice or three times my earning potential, then, I am in the same position as Greece.