It's Not Like They Can Repossess Greece Is It.

I feel sorry for the Greek people, I was reading that over 40,000 civilians died in Athens from starvation under German occupation in world war 2

Once again the suffering and hardship, only this time as a country they face the Germans alone. The Germans under chancellor Angela Merkel basically call the shots on fiscal policies within Europe, there is more suffering to come under the guise of the European Union.

Let us hope, the other member countries remember their sacrifice of lives to make Europe free, now in their time of need .. After world war 2 the allies helped rebuild Germany to where it is today, why not do the same with Greece.

Germany EU Spend per Person EUR 148.41 (0.46% GDP) Contribution per Person EUR 240.62 Negative EUR 92.91

Greece EU Spend per Person EUR 577.98 (3.14% GDP)Contribution per Person EUR 188.80 Plus EUR 389.18

Spain EU Spend per Person EUR 294.65 (1.3% GDP) Contribution per Person EUR 213.99 Plus EUR 80.66

Sweden EU Spend per Person EUR 186.61 (0.44% GDP) Contribution per Person EUR 304.46 Negative EUR 117.85

UK EU Spend per Person EUR 105.12 (0.37% GDP) Contribution per Person EUR 180.38 Negative EUR 75.26

Oh Poor Little Greece recieves 3.14% of its GDP from Central Europe and recieves EUR 389.18 per capita than it actually contributes, how hard done by NOT. Tin Pot republic was living beyond its means end off

I wish Greece the best in it's struggle to get out of the grip of these very dangerous people. I hope Alexis Tsipras stands strong and not gives in, respecting their wishes in talks with creditors on no further harsh austerity measures against the poor and weak ...

post-55327-0-39738600-1436524462_thumb.jpg

I feel sorry for the Greek people, I was reading that over 40,000 civilians died in Athens from starvation under German occupation in world war 2

Once again the suffering and hardship, only this time as a country they face the Germans alone. The Germans under chancellor Angela Merkel basically call the shots on fiscal policies within Europe, there is more suffering to come under the guise of the European Union.

Let us hope, the other member countries remember their sacrifice of lives to make Europe free, now in their time of need .. After world war 2 the allies helped rebuild Germany to where it is today, why not do the same with Greece.

Have you ever heard of the Marshall Plan? Greece was helped to recover after WWII.

http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1317677/

The Marshall Aid Program and Mission contributed to the

reconstruction and development of the Greek economy after the destruction of

World War II and the Greek Civil War. However, because of the shortcomings of its

backward economy, Greece was a special case in the implementation of the

Marshall Plan in Europe. In particular, the problems of inefficiency and corruption

influenced political and social issues on the decision-making process, while

uniquely, the Marshall planners tried to create institutions in order to facilitate

reconstruction and to improve Greek people's life.

The implementation of the Marshall Plan aimed at the development of the

Greek economy parallel to the economic development of the other European

countries. The Marshall Plan tried to help the backward Greek economy participate

in international trade, and created the foundations for the post-war development of

the Greek economy. The principal argument of the thesis is that the Greek economy

was too weak to absorb fully the enormous aid granted because private and state

investments were too negligible to meet further economic development, while a

number of Greek politicians and bourgeoisie prevented the implementation of the

economic programme. This forced the American Marshall planners to 'freeze' a

great part of the aid in order to cover the budget deficit and to hold inflation. The

'frozen' aid 'counterpart funds' were utilised in the two fiscal years following June

1952. Therefore, in the post-war period, the Marshall Plan was the first systematic

effort to stabilise the Greek economy, thereby in due course enabling Greece to join

the European Economic Community in 1980.

" The Greeks are a bunch of lazy bastards who pay little tax and receive large pensions. And they expect the rest of Europe to bail them out, including countries who are even worse off than themselves?! Typical that an ignorant Thai person feels sorry for them! "

Thank you for pointing out my ignorance and your generalization of the Greek people's shortcomings.

Interestingly I notice that unemployment in Scotland rose by 9,000 in the three months to February and now stands at 167,000, according to official statistics

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-32348656

One can only assume you make the same generalizations about your own nationality as being lazy bastards as you discribe the Greek people and claiming social benefits. Or is this entirely different as your Scotish ... excuse my ignorance.

Hi,

"Interestingly I notice that unemployment in Scotland rose by 9,000 in the three months to February and now stands at 167,000, according to official statistics"

And if you can also point to statistics that show that there are 150,000+ job openings then this might actually show the Scots to be lazy.

Sanuk!