And Another Amerikan Shooting

bust

The argument against gun control makes the point that if everyone carried a gun at all times,mass shootings would be more difficult.This has a certain logic.But would you want to live in a society like that ?

Well, consider the obvious example. (Quoting from a Facebook meme) In gun-free California, two wannabe jihadists went out to have a party. Fourteen victims died, more wounded. In gun-crazy Texas, two wannabe jihadis went out to have a party. NO victims died, none wounded.

You can do the Google search on Kennesaw GA for yourself.

• Like 1

The point is that it's hypocritical for someone who is completely protected to say that people who are not have no right to home defence. It ranks up there with "Let them eat cake." (The "open carry" idiots are another matter. I wouldn't trust them with a pea shooter. Somebody needs to throw a net over them and haul them off to the funny farm.)

As to "trained professionals", I saw some damn stupid things when I was in the Army ... including the first lieutenant who ejected the round from his .45 pistol, removed the magazine, and then fired it into the orderly room floor! (Made the 1st sergeant jump straight out of his chair.) Also, the warrant officer who shot himself in the leg one day playing "fast draw", and the genius who was chasing around after the hill tribe KPs when his .45 automatic bounced out of the holster, fired, and shattered both lower bones in his right leg. Worst of all was the guy carrying his M-79 grenade launcher LOADED in the company area, when another soldier "jokingly" tried to pull it out of his hands. Since the doufas was not only carrying it loaded but with his finger on the trigger, the 79 fired and the other guy took an 40mm HE round travelling at 250 feet per second in the mouth, tearing off his lips, destroying his front teeth, breaking his jaw in numerous places, and shattering the glasses on his face. ( I got to drive him to the aid station, after which he was medivac'ed all the way to Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C.) Training doesn't guarantee that you have more common sense than anyone else.

Meanwhile, perhaps some sanity will soon return to the USA. I have absolutely no problem with this.

Supreme Court appears to give states, localities green light on gun controls

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court gave an apparent green light Monday to lawmakers who want to restrict the sale of guns such as the rapid-fire weapons that have been used in the recent wave of mass shootings from Paris to San Bernardino, Calif.

The justices by a 7-2 vote turned down a Second Amendment challenge to a local ordinance in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park that banned the sale or possession of semi-automatic guns that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

http://www.stripes.c...ntrols-1.382526

• Like 1