And Another Amerikan Shooting

bust

"This was the 355th mass shooting (4+ victims, including shooter) in the USA this year!!!! "

Absolutely incorrect-

336 days, 355 mass shootings

The shooting in San Bernardino yesterday, where 14 people died, brought the number of mass shootings in the US to 355 this year.

It was the third mass shooting in the country since last Friday, when a gunman opened fire on a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado, killing one police officer and two civilians.

The figure of 355 comes from the Mass Shooting Tracker maintained by the Guns Are Cool subreddit. The Reddit tracker defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people, who can include the gunman, are killed or injured by gunfire.

The Mass Shooting Tracker is different from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition of mass shooting - the old FBI definition focused on four or more people killed as part of a single shooting...

Speaking after the Colorado Springs shooting last week, President Obama urged Americans to not let this type of violence "become normal". But the data shows this type of incident already is normal. There have been more mass shootings than calendar days so far this year.

more at - http://www.nzherald....jectid=11555556

336 days, 355 mass shootings

The shooting in San Bernardino yesterday, where 14 people died, brought the number of mass shootings in the US to 355 this year.

It was the third mass shooting in the country since last Friday, when a gunman opened fire on a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado, killing one police officer and two civilians.

The figure of 355 comes from the Mass Shooting Tracker maintained by the Guns Are Cool subreddit. The Reddit tracker defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people, who can include the gunman, are killed or injured by gunfire.

The Mass Shooting Tracker is different from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition of mass shooting - the old FBI definition focused on four or more people killed as part of a single shooting...

Speaking after the Colorado Springs shooting last week, President Obama urged Americans to not let this type of violence "become normal". But the data shows this type of incident already is normal. There have been more mass shootings than calendar days so far this year.

more at - http://www.nzherald....jectid=11555556

Thanks Coss. Still saying it's "absolutely incorrect" Jitagawn?

This was the 355th mass shooting (4+ victims, including shooter) in the USA this year!!!!

The majority are drug related and in the "ghettoes", but we're not supposed to say that.

Besides enforcing the laws on assault weapons, how about somebody actually taking a look to see WHAT HAS HAPPENED to the American people? Folks my age (and younger) grew up with firearms. My grandparents had them in the house, my father did, my friends mostly had .22 rifles when they were 12 years old and up ... but NONE OF THIS HAPPENED. So why is it happening now?

For one thing, when I was a kid the cowboy heroes on TV (Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry) NEVER shot the bad guys. They always disarmed them and punched their lights out. Hollywood films weren't very gory either. "Entertainment" certainly is now. Could there being any connection? Nah. Hollywood stars hate gun violence.

The majority are drug related and in the "ghettoes", but we're not supposed to say that.

Besides enforcing the laws on assault weapons, how about somebody actually taking a look to see WHAT HAS HAPPENED to the American people? Folks my age (and younger) grew up with firearms. My grandparents had them in the house, my father did, my friends mostly had .22 rifles when they were 12 years old and up ... but NONE OF THIS HAPPENED. So why is it happening now?

For one thing, when I was a kid the cowboy heroes on TV (Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry) NEVER shot the bad guys. They always disarmed them and punched their lights out. Hollywood films weren't very gory either. "Entertainment" certainly is now. Could there being any connection? Nah. Hollywood stars hate gun violence.

I'm of the opinion that reasonable, well behaved people should be able to have guns for sport, protection etc. And when the people are not reasonable and well behaved, they shouldn't.

As a non-American, my objective view of Americans, is that there are increasing numbers of them that are not reasonable and well behaved, so they shouldn't have guns.

The whys and wherefores don't enter into it.

So imagine a room full of people with no guns - no shooting occurs. Now put some guns in the room, if shooting occurs, remove the guns (and the folk who used them), if no shooting occurs, then leave the guns.

Quite simple really.

Hi,

"For one thing, when I was a kid the cowboy heroes on TV (Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry) NEVER shot the bad guys. They always disarmed them and punched their lights out. Hollywood films weren't very gory either. "Entertainment" certainly is now. Could there being any connection? Nah. Hollywood stars hate gun violence."

But, Flash, the rest of the world watches those same movies yet they don't go around shooting up schools, movie theaters, etc.

Sanuk!

So, out of 355 mass killings, 354 by Christians and one by a Muslim nut job.

Hmmmmm

So if one is not a Muslim, one must be a Christian, right? Keeps things nice and simple, without even having to check the record.

<< According to the FBI, only 21 of the 355 shootings identified by the anti-gunners can actually be categorized as mass murder with a firearm.

It is still too many, but it isn’t any where close to 355.

An FBI report released last year details that over a thirteen year period, between 2000 and 2013, there were 160 “active shooter incidents.â€

Those also include incidents where nobody was shot or killed. Gang violence is not counted among these statistics.

The FBI categorizes mass shootings as “a number of murders (four or more) occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders.†>>