University to dismiss 15 students over deadly hazing

Coss

Rajamangala University of Technology Isan (RMUTI) will dismiss 15 students involved in a violent hazing ritual that resulted in the death of Padyos “Prem” Chonpakdi, a 19-year-old freshman.

An investigation conducted by the university’s governing body had found 30 second-year students and 37 freshmen involved in the fatal ritual on March 13, RMUTI president, Assoc Prof Kosit Sreephuthorn, said on Saturday.

The university had resolved to dismiss 15 of the sophomores for organising the hazing and beating Padyos until he became unconscious. He died on the way to the hospital.

Ten other senior students were found to have helped organise the event and forced first-year students to take off their clothes, crouch, crawl and put their heads on the ground, which led to injuries. Those 10 students’ exam results for the semester will not be valid, and they will receive an automatic W (withdrawal) grade.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2285630/university-to-dismiss-15-students-over-deadly-hazing

"hazing and beating" - not much ritual there, very sad.

9 hours ago, Mekong said:

Dismissed, They should be facing manslaughter charges, I wonder who their daddies are?

" He stressed that the university’s disciplinary action is separate from any criminal penalties that might be imposed. So far, 32 students are facing various charges arising from the event."

2 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

" He stressed that the university’s disciplinary action is separate from any criminal penalties that might be imposed. So far, 32 students are facing various charges arising from the event."

Did I say the University should bring Criminal charges? No I didn’t, I merely stated that they should be facing manslaughter charges. So what is your fucking point?

This happened on 13 March and still no charges from the Police, their silence I’d deafening.

4 hours ago, Mekong said:

Did I say the University should bring Criminal charges? No I didn’t, I merely stated that they should be facing manslaughter charges. So what is your fucking point?

I just wanted to mention that there is still a possibility for criminal charges, manslaughter or whatever, quoting a guy from the university. Which was my fucking point.

You, dear Sir, suffer from a version of persecution complex which is getting worse. Calm your mind, quoting Buddha.