Never pay a barfine again!

>>The worst elements of Pattaya. Fat tattooed football hooligans walking down the street acting like the genetically challenged scum that they are.

I've lived in Pattaya for 3 years now, and have been coming here for about 15 years. I'm out on the town just about every night. I'm sure fat football hooligans must exist somewhere on this planet, but I have honestly never met any in Pattaya that I am aware of. There are plenty of fat football fans, mind you, but none of them has upset me either.

>>Guys with nothing better to do than ride endlessly around the town on hired mopeds.

Come on!. Have you done a survey to ask them where they're going? I've got a feeling they may actually have a purpose... like it's more convenient to drive yourself rather than relying on taxis. Not that I own a bike. Baht taxis plentiful and cheap and I live on a taxi route. After all, there are certainly better ways of getting your rocks off in Pattaya than driving a moped. But... whatever turns you on I suppose.

>>Chinese tourgroups walking around in intimate groups of 200.

... so what? 200 a bit of hyperbole ... more like a bus load. But they don't bother me one iota either.. Actually make me feel grateful that in the west we are more independently minded. In any case they never go to the bars that farangs frequent. Room enough for all of us on the planet I reckon.

Good on you, mate. Keep up the posts. The more you fellahs restrict yourselves to Bangkok, the more sheilas for me in Pattaya! hehe.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hence the notion of bar owners being pimps, offering "protection" for a price levied on customers or unperforming girls. If so many insist that Bgs are hookers no more, no less, we may as well call a cat a cat all across the board.

[color:purple] BG's are prostitutes along with MP's and freelancers. The bar is the medium where you meet the lady. The lady doesn't have to go with a customer. I am sure the bar makes more money if you sit and pay for several drinks versus taking a girl for the entire evening. I know if I was a bar owner i would prefer for a lady to work 8 hours coaxing customers to buy several thousand baht in drinks vs. leaving within the first hour of opening and having the customer buy no drinks but paying a 500bt barfine.

The bar is basically a neutral quasi-pimp. I think it is funny that guys say "I don't want to pay pimp money" as if they are participating in a sordid transaction. Prostitution is" illegal" in Thaliand right?

Personally if I am a foreigner participating in an "illegal" activity I would prefer to take a girl from an establishment vs. a freelancer for several reasons.

-freelancer can claim rape

-freelancer can set you up for a crime

-freelancer can steal from you

-no way to track a freelancer down

(of course these same things can happen with a BG but probably less likely given that you paid for her services from the bar)

I think paying "pimp" money affords the punter as well as the girl some sort of tenuous protection and sense of safety. color=purple>

Thanks a lot! Most guys who have badmouthed Pattaya were there for a very short time, with no working knowledge of the city, except of course pay for sex again. It's just that the pace of things and the occasions to relax outside your hotel or ride, drive around is unmatched by BKK. I am talking visitors here, not expats who will have a better knowledge of where to go in BKK, outside of the sex scene.

I am more and more set off by the fact that people here can't just avoid taking sides and blast the other. I like to go to BKK, i have had some great time there, but to me, the BKK nightlife is just that: pick up a girl, and pay her in the morning, then Goodbye, as there is very little to do outside of shopping and i doubt that even 1 out of ten barfiners take one to visit temples to a boat ride on BKK noi, or whatever. Actually, i have a poll coming about this.

read my sentence again; this was adressed to the guys who are mainly ineterested in the sex life, and so directly related to what you do with a BKK BG after bed. Most of the argument BKK/Pattaya has always come from them, and believe me, i bet they know as little of the BKK you talk about (save Wat phra keo, MAYBE), as the Pattaya i know. The only reason i visit BKk is totally outside the nightlife, and indeed more cultural or meeting friends who do not come to Pattaya.

BKK has tons to explore and i did over many years. There was a game in thai TV, this winter, one had to guess a place only out of a detail picture, and no one on the show found what temple they were talking about. But i recognized Wat Sutat, and my Gf was not even amazed, she knows i am really keen on thai temples and places. but i was really proud because even few thais, let alone farangs, would locate a temple out of a small architectural detail. And i had to brag on Nana about it, finally...

Talking about Tgs in tow, mine can take 2 hours of sight-seeing and walking in BKK, and after that, it's the frown festival.... i warn her everytime to stay at the pool, but she wants to go anyway.

emmmmmm

alot of bad press for a thing that everyman would do if he had the pateince...

so what you get a phone number...don't try and say you guys have never had free sanuk and were proud of it!!!!!

this guys just come on the board trying to share a secret, of course he should have known we all knew it already..but their are new members signing on everyday who don't know it..

I wouldn't say he is a cheap ass, cheap charlie, more smart than anything....

work the scene just like they are working us....

if you worry about their wellbeing etc...

why do all guys barter down from 2000BHT..

if you gave a shit..you would say ok..but you know the rules so you say 1000!!...and if she refused your Baht in the morning you would be at the bar that evening bragging to the boys you laid a go go for free, some stud huh!!!!

I don't know, I think people were being alittle hard on the poster

so what same barfines,,maybe his intentions sounded cheap ass..but probably what he mean't was away to score girls without paying the bar....

and I know most guys do it!!! I have read it on numeous thai sanuk sites!!!!

go easy guys!!!

if you don't agree, with him say so, don't have to call him names and belittle him here....

We all see things differently, thank heavens, and yet despite trying to see the original posters "real point" that might have escaped me the first time, well nothing has altered - I still think that he was well, a "cheap charlie" and was advocating a level of thrift that sunk well below the surface - everyone practices thrift/batering/bargaining etc and some less than others and some harder than the rest - no prob with that, but I just get the impression that this is a kind of devious (in my opinion) operation to begin with which might conceal other less than well-intentioned modus operandi in other areas. Other than that, I can't guess at what he meant to say originally, only what I viewed him as meaning. What next? Do the runner on the bar bill? Do the runner on the hotel bill? I won't even comment on "greedy bar-owners" with inflated prices, but the way to deal with this is to not give the place custom or to not barfine - if customers start pulling swiftys then eventually it will be worse for everyone and finally there will be no venues to go to at all. Surely the poster knows of freelancers, Thermae, Suk Rd pickups, Lumpini Park, etc etc where there are no barfines whatsoever - so why mention doing crafty deals in the bars?

Archived