a round of applause for GTG!

pattaya127

GTG,

>Thalenoi, Think_Too_Mutt, and Cent will not be very happy if I'm around though.

I never said that, on the contrary, and you should know that, since you read everything posted here very carefully.

All I expect from you besides your valuable input is not to make personnal offenses to posters, and i am convinced your Thai and western education have learnt you to make the difference.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are almost 3500 members on the board. Somewhere, Stick estimated there were about 35 000 bgs catering for the farang scene.

Theoretically, if each of us had 10 encounters (some may laugh at this number) with bgs, we all have been with them all and we know, colectively, all of them. Even criss-crossed each other paths.

We know all of them.

She knows none.

We love them.

She hates them.

We get intimate with them.

She crosses the road to avoid them.

We've been to all the bars.

Her most adventurous trip was to Woodstock.

Other than arogant rattling, I don't see valid contribution she could make about the matters she hates but knows nothing about. Again, her luck to be born as GTG.

I don't know what she may be doing for a living, but she may well be more qualified to contribute to sites like "secrets of pancreas" than to this one.

Geez, in such a small auditorium, Thalenoi and myself are easily spotted as a sitting and not clapping duo.

At some party's congress we would have been executed.

TTM,

I think I need to correct you here........ her input is valued for being not equal to ours, that is all.

And yes, she knows she can be blunt at times, but I'm also sure that most posters here are not here for the sex, and then her postings can add another light to that us guys think.

If one comes to Thailand only for sex, then I guess one would feel lost very quickly on this boqrd, no ?

Cheers !

BB,

I expect and welcome honest and qualified different opinions.

Her opinions are different, fine, but are obviously coming from a person who knows nothing about the subject, even hates the very core of it.

Therefore I can easily take them as a backgorund noise among other posts.

TTM: "I don't know what she may be doing for a living, but she may well be more qualified to contribute to sites like "secrets of pancreas" than to this one."

I would disagree with that.

GTG brings a point of view which is representative of a very relevant segment of Thai society, namely Western educated middle class.

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with her opinions, I appreciate having an opportunity to hear them. Regardless of whether I like or dislike her personal style, I appreciate having an opportunity to be exposed to it. We don't get many glimpses of their thoughts, ideas, and biases.

I have disagreed with her and I objected to the form of many of the things she said. Though I enjoy reading posts that I agree with, I also like to read - and respond to - those that stretch my imagination.

>GTG brings a point of view which is representative of a very relevant segment of Thai society, namely Western educated middle class.

As a surfer, if I am discussing surfing issues with other dudes, I would not really listen to a good, say, soccer player.

Comparing surfing and soccer sprortsmen/women with surfers population, surfies are really thiny minority.

Should they listen to such a big and important segment of sporty population, like footies? On, for example, how to implement rules of the turf into the surf?

No. Especially those who demonstrate they hate my sport and people engaged in it.

That is where I am coming from.

Thai middle class: never have and never will want to mix with them. They are no match for their farang counterparts, have enough of it at home, I am one of them myself.

Certainly, I would not leave the room if they are present.

Know the stories from this board and Stick's site where people tell us how their friends back home simply "don't get it" when they talk about Thailand.

Farang middle class, "not getting it".

Why would Thai middle class "get it" then? Inbuilt superiority or what?

Our "farangness" and their Thainess are two halves here.

Well, it's part of our culture to try to understand their point of view but how much help does it bring if our Thai correspondendt is totally dettached from the subject?

Opinions welcome but it shows if someone is unaware of mighty BKK's undercurrent that gets us 30 minutes after disembarking at Don Muang (borrowed from HT).

I am still sitting and not clapping.

Archived