a round of applause for GTG!

pattaya127

p127: "which book that have been written with a T middle class point of view? Just curious."

Very few have been translated into English (none into French that I know of :-) ). The one I liked is "Time in the bottle" (Welaa nai kuat gaew), the author escapes me. Published in "Thai Modern Classics" series in Thailand, probably OOP at this point.

An interesting book, and from what I read, it is reflective of the issues Thai middle class was facing in the 70s. The issues may have changed since then, but the middle class probably hasn't.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTG posts on 2002/07013:

"We get intimate with them.

>She crosses the road to avoid them.

Can I get intimate with them too? Just joking ! That's not true. How can I do that? They are everywhere. Otherwise I have to cross the road every 30 sec."

Wow, you must be perfect. How good of you to put up with all those inferior women in Thailand that you see. Imagine the nerve of them to be on the same sidewalk as you.

>>We love them.

>She hates them.

GTG:>I don't like SOME of them. TTM, do you have EARS?

The trouble is, I personally know one of the "some" that you don't like.

Thalenoi knows another one.

Cent another one.

What the three girls all have in common is - farangs are happy with them and they are happy with their farangs. And they were bar girls.

Hi TTM,

That would mean every one of 3,000 board members here would have had to have been with 35 "different" girls, each.

Not even close.... A large number of our 3,000 members haven't even been to Thailand yet, and many for just a few visits. There are many other factors that would lead me to believe that not even more than 10% (at any given moment) have been serviced by us, collectively. And remember that 100K is "active" prostitutes. Add in former B/G's, and the number gets much, much larger. Of course I can't prove any of this, but just what I believe to be the case.

HT

I don't think that GoodThaiGirl does give as much "value for money" as some suggest.

She's here with her own agenda - to correct the impression of Thailand that we farangs might get of "good" Thai women from going to a few whore-ridden bars. As if we're too dopey to have worked that out for ourselves! Apart from that, she doesn't reveal very much when the interesting questions arise. For instance, I can remember someone asking her views on sex before marriage. She declined to answer this enormously controversial question (not!), with the excuse that it was too risky now that her identity was now known (to a few farangs who happened to be at Woodstock the night she showed up!)

Despite her mission, we never get any revealing insights into her life, or that of a "good" thai girl. When she chided posters about their relationships, some interested parties asked (sincerely, I think) for her notes on a typical good Thai girl/good Thai boy relationship. Will they come? My arse, will they!

If you want someone that offers value for money, just take a look at this post from jasmine. Fantastic! http://board.nanaplaza.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=85008&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

Archived