a round of applause for GTG!

pattaya127

BlackStack,

>>And how are you today?

-Very well, thank you, enjoying my holidays in Phuket, hence my late reply.....

>>Thais having prejudices a new concept for you?

- Sarcasm is a game that needs 2 to be played, and I will not join you.........

>>What is the basis of your suggestion? Just because you don't agree with or like a post it doesn't mean that it is inappropriate.

- please do refer to the post I replied to where I did mention the language used, nothing less nothing more.

>>As a moderator, you should learn to be impartial in your views. You obviously have a bias of favouritism towards GTG, as evidenced in your post of 2002/07/11 supporting her. A bias of favouritism or unfavouritism is prejudice. Hopefully you are reasonable enough to acknowledge this.

- I do appreciate the presence of GTG on this board, where does it say I agree with her views ? Again, if you would have been here longer, you would know of at least 2 separate cases where GTG and myself crossed swords.

Again, as a moderator, I know what to say and think, and again, I would suggest you tone down and read or re-read the FAQ of this board.

>>BTW, I may have been registered for only 2 days, but I also may have been lurking for longer than you have been registered. So I've seen her previous posts. Of what relevance are how many posts I have made, or long I?ve been here? Are you using this to judge people?

- you say it twice yourself 'may'..... and IF you would have been here longer, then you WOULD have known the attitude of the board.... and where do I judge you ? I dont, that is your conclusion.

Enough said, and I look forward to your positive contributions on this board as it is all about sanuk, right ?

Cheers !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They forgot level 6: a farang who don't give a fuck about what they think. For all i care, they are welcome in the west if they think it's better than Thailand, and they can screw whoever they want, i am not that insecure,prejudiced or sheltered that i have to put people in little boxes, er...levels, based on who they sleep with. When will they ever get it?

Now there's a good post!

Especially this bit..

"some of them were teasing or setting traps), to my surprise, they could aggravate you, but I don?t consider that as ?jai ron?, just quick to respond, you do interpret their intent differently than I do.

Some men Western/Eastern (from my experience) seemed to say things to test waters and I do have problems understanding their intent occasionally still) and most of the time, they will forget what they say soon after. For whatever is worth, I feel that there is some affection for you from the people on this board and some of them sincerely seem to want to know the Thais"

It's all true.

I too admire GTG's qualities , ie; tenacity , perseverence , inquisitivness , and a sense of loyalty to her heritage ! I'm sure she has her fair share of negative qualities which we all share to some degree ? We are not putting her up for sainthood but rather an appreciation of her station on this board !

Guest lazyphil

<<I too admire GTG's qualities , ie; tenacity , perseverence , inquisitivness , and a sense of loyalty to her heritage !>>

I'm looking for a bucket!

>qualities , ie; tenacity , perseverence , inquisitivness

Great. They can be described in a pseudo program code:

....................................................................................

i=1;

loop;

bgs do not deserve to be happy;

nobody is allowed to be happy with bgs;

if a success with bg is happening, vigorously enforce the previous 2 instructions;

while i>0;

....................................................................................

That's her infinite loop she can't break out of....you call it "perseverence"....

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps, my experience makes me hesitate to judge and it bothers me when I saw some people (especially in Thailand) assume that a woman (any Asian) with a foreigner could very likely come from a bar background. The reason, I said any Asian woman, is because I know a young woman, whose mother is a Korean and American father who travels in Asian a lot, and almost always receives the particular looks in Thailand. This woman is 26, gorgeous, and looks very much Asian, could not speak a word of Thai.

One of my girlfriends who is a physician (born Thai) and married to a German said that it is better not to speak Thai in some places in Thailand when she is with her husband, and she said she received better reception. There were a few times that some people thought I am not a Thai when in Thailand, usually mistaken me for a Hawaiian or Filipino and if they started speaking English to me, I usually did not embarrass them. I speak, write and read Thai just fine. Please tell me, anyone, what do think of what my friend said?

Cheers!

Archived