Stickman Lite Monday 26th

buffalo_bill

Hi,

While I agree with your last line, I do not see the change. Yes, he is now talking about his own changed perception of the nightlife scene, yet at the same time he keeps promoting it on a large part of his website. Seems a rather big contradiction to me.

Sanuk!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick,

I have enjoyed your column over the year and have taken alot from it. However, I have stopped reading it lately as the man once hearalded as the successor to Trink has become a parody of the aforementioned. I would suggest a few options as a way of moving forward. 1. sell the site to someone who still has a passion for all things Thai. 2. just walk away, you have alot of credibility and respect and I doubt there will ever be another site to rival yours, so let go while it is still relatively admired. 3. Change your site's purpose and content. If you are truelly sickened by the scene, become an advocate for those you feel are worse off than you. All in all, I miss glory days of your column and will treasure the memories.

Cheers

Jaga

Hi!

He advocates human trafficing.

I don't know how it works in Austrailia but I do know a little about how it works in western Europe with young girls from eastern Europe. Most of them would be much better of working in brothels in their own countries. Ofcourse most of them come from countries where people can't afford going to knocking shops in the first place.

Sure a few individuals can break free and make money but the whole thing is organized by criminals. I wonder what makes him think that these criminals would let the girls under their control keep the money they are making.

regards

ALHOLK

[No need to get too personal - KS]

Thanks for the feedback. As I have always said, feedback, be it positive or negative, is welcome.

I never wrote the column to get respect, fame, or anythnig like this. I just wrote about things on my mind. If I lose credibility for writing about things I believe in.

Stick

I do not advocate human trafficking, but rather offer that there are alternatives for girls to make real money... These girls go through hell, one way or the other, so why not make enough money to set themselves up for life....

Since writing the piece, I have heard about girls working in the UK earning 200,000 pounds a year - likely mroe than almost everyone on this board. Yes, this is an EXTREME case, but it is possible. I also know of girls in the bars who have been down to Singaproe and Australia several times and have made REAL money. These girls have all done just fine and returned to Thailand without any problems.

Yes, the girls who get caught up in trafficking and are indentured is a terrible thing, something I am totally against. But that is NOT what the piece was about. In retrospect, it was a big mistake to talk about how they get in to Australia, and I should have just concentaretd on other aspects...

I have NO idea about what happens in Eastern Europe so cannot comment on that.

Stick

Hi stick,

Just came on, and have no idea of your last colum, although must have been very contriversial. But that is a good thing. I've looked to your site from the beginning. Why? Because I could always trust you. I could always trust you to tell me what was going on in the night life situation, and always trust you to tell me what to exspect when I landed in LOS. *TRUST* was always my keyword for you, and I think many others.

Your views have changed. And that's OK. But because of your different viewpoints, as of late, you have not been giving us what we want to know...and that is the up-to-the-minute-low-down on what is happening at NEP, & Cowboy, and elsewhere.

Have you moved on? No problem. I, for one, want to thank you for your insightes up to this point. We must all move on at some point. If you dicide to do so now, it will be at your high point. Thanks what you have given to all of us so far.

HT

Stick,

May I also say that it's a bit hypocritical to blast prostitutes for exploiting us sexpats while at the same time promoting the industry that exploites them.

I think you'd do a lot better if you left your opinions out of the content. I appreciate the objective information in your column but I really don't care what you think about the world.

JX

<<May I also say that it's a bit hypocritical to blast prostitutes for exploiting us sexpats while at the same time promoting the industry that exploites them.>>

prostitutes are exploiting us sexpats? maybe you have a point here but didn't you mean to say sexpats exploiting prostitutes?

Archived