G-Spot Has Gone To The Dogs!

Did you think I was making the story up? ::

I have spoken to three different people (including other bar owners) who have talked to the person in my post. ::

They all said that my story was true and there is still no clear explination for his behavior. ::

I guess the person in question has some problems with people in general. ::

Anyway, I am finished with that place as well as many of my friends. ::

Life moves on. ::

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH, I appreciate what you are saying, but I disagree about closing a thread because other guys are sharing their experiences (good or bad) about a bar. I think hearing from more posters gives a more balanced view of a place.

I think what happened to 369 is the pits. But, I also think it is interesting that his posting caused several other guys to come forward with their experiences in the same bar that would never had been posted separately.

IMO, it shows a pattern when you have more posters jumping in, and, frankly, like 369, I have no desire to patronize bars that allow this crap.

I think one of the best features of this board is posters who share their positive and negative experiences in the bar. I always try to post in this vein in the Nightlife Section. Really, it would be great if there was a 'running thread' in the section where guys could post their positive/negative experiences in the bar.

Yes, they are purely subjective and it really depends on the night you were there, what you were looking for, etc. However, again, repetitive comments about a particular bar do make me pay attention more.

Please don't kill this thread OH.

PS. 369, not too long ago there was a 'boxing incident' reported in G-Spot on this forum. It caused a major stir and screams for boycotting the bar. However, no one could ever verify the incident and the poster seemed to vanish when called on the carpet. It might have been just a personal beef with the bar and the poster. I think that is why your posting met with some skepticism here. Don't take it personally, my friend, and thanks for taking the time to post it here. :)

Whenever I hear the words "boycotting a bar" i always wonder what good it would do unless the bar staff KNOW there are people definitely avoiding the bar, and how many are doing it for what reason. If a few guys just decided not to go to a bar (or maybe alot more than a few), would the bar staff even notice or know why? (given the big fluctuations in business every day?) Seems like if there was a boycott, someone would have to send the bar a letter with at least of count or number (or initials) saying We aren't going there anymore....

S,

Thanks for your support. ::

As I stated in my previous post, my encounter at G-Spot has been verified by several other members. ;)

I put this up on the board to let others know that they should always be careful when out drinking. If I had not walked away from this guy and started something, it could have been worse than it was.

Also, to let others know which bar is being ,managed with the customers interests at heart. After all, it is us who support these guys who own bars. If they are not willing to show us as customers some respect. Well, than they do not deserve our patronage. ;)

Much Respect To You My Friend :)

Sarasin,

I agree with you, just don't want the thread turning into a hash and rehash of the same stuff over and over again. Different views will give a truer account I agree. Also agree it is a good thing when a guy gets called on the carpet and doesn't respond, pretty much says it all. In terms of a boycott, probably not any real effect, as we as a whole lack total organization. But, maybe a print out of the thread with the nanaplaza.com removed might at least get them to realize we are pissed, and talk to one another.

You make good points june regarding a boycott. It would likely not happen and as I believe the vast majority of customers would not know or care.

Not everyone reads nanaplaza.com, although they should. ::

I think in the end it is up to individuals. 369 had a bad experience in G-Spot and he will take his baht elsewhere. For a long time I stayed out of Crown Group bars because of their rising prices of drinks and barfines and the general attitude of management - I go to Crown Group bars now, but rarely.

So, if you don't like a particular bar, post it here and give others a chance to respond, just as 369 did. It is amazing how many others have had similar experiences. When I read many and see a trend of sorts, I just skip the bar. There are so many choices.

No problem, 369. It's guys like you willing to come forth and post experiences (negative or positive) that make the Nightlife Section a must read for bar rats like myself.

I wish more guys would take the time like you have.

Hope to see you out in the bars some day, buddy. :)

Thanks for your reply OH. You are a good man and a fine moderator. Hope your knee is healing - gotta have those to make the rounds in BKK, right?

Has there ever been thought to having a 'running thread' here in the Nightlife Section where guys could post their experiences, positive or negative, on bars? Do you think it would be unmanageable and better to have separate threads like now?

I know there is a good vehicle with the paysite gogo bar reviews, but not much traffic there. For example, I wrote up about 20 gogo bar reviews there before Max took over. I think I had maybe a TOTAL of 20 comments to my reviews.

Many more read and post here and I think all the guys who venture out to the bars would love to hear others' experiences such as 369 took the time to post. This thread brought out several other G-Spot stories and I think that was good.

Oh well, just thinkin' outloud and plenty of time to do that here in NJ. ::

I think Sarasin is right. Talk about a boycott is silly, but it is useful to hear other people's posts about bars. In this particular case I would not have bothered posting but for the first post.

And it is pretty clear that in the case of G-Spot there is a pattern. That pattern would not have been evident but for the first post.

I also think these types of thread would be particularly useful for people who are visiting, don't have alot of time, and want to use their time wisely. Those of us who live here generally know the bars (although I do learn stuff here all of the time), and have bars we like and don't like for various reasons, many of which don't rise to the level of the problems encountered by many members here at G-Spot. (For example, one of my pet peeves is that horrible moldy smell you find in some bars, but I don't intend to start a thread with a list of smelly bars to avoid.)

Archived