G-Spot Has Gone To The Dogs!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get some idea of the psychological make-up of someone near the top of the heap at G-Spot by looking at what has transpired outside Woodstock. Evidently, someone running G-Spot had a beef with the guy who runs Woodstock, with respect to the size/positioning of the big yellow illuminated Woodstock sign that hung out over the courtyard (and which obscured maybe 3% of the signage at G-Spot).

Failing to work out a mutually acceptable resolution, G-Spot management took the issue "up one level" (literally). They went up to the top floor, where they evidently control the space directly above Woodstock, and erected a large blank piece of plywood that they then suspended over the rail, dangling down so as to deliberately obscure about 90% of the Woodstock sign.

Check this out from vicinity of Cat House - it really looks ridiculous and petty. You can only shake your head at the juvenile mentalities at work in some of these venues.

'Reminds of the explanation that TopCat provided to me about the story behind the "Johnnie Black is crap" sign that hangs on the wall of G-Spot (to the left as you enter). I'll let him tell that one.

"Let the good times roll!"

Stone Soup

That's...beautiful ::

What about farang kicking beggars who knee in front of them and make dumb gestures towards their mouth??I think if it was more widely done,we'd get less of those

Hi,

"Failing to work out a mutually acceptable resolution, G-Spot management took the issue "up one level" (literally). They went up to the top floor, where they evidently control the space directly above Woodstock, and erected a large blank piece of plywood that they then suspended over the rail, dangling down so as to deliberately obscure about 90% of the Woodstock sign."

Problems with the sign *again* ????

Damn, that is the third time or so, and every time it ends up with G-Spot paying.

You'd think they'd learn.

Sanuk!

It's not as if they're even competing for the same market, is it? How many horny guys desperate to see naked girls get sidetracked by the Woodstock notice, look in, mistake it for a go-go bar and stay there? ::

I don't know the "Johnny Black is crap" story but I remember some years ago a disgruntled former Voodoo (same group as G-Spot) person telling me that they used all fake spirits, whereas Playskool didn't. (Anyone know the truth of these things btw?)

I remember some years ago a disgruntled former Voodoo (same group as G-Spot) person telling me that they used all fake spirits, whereas Playskool didn't. (Anyone know the truth of these things btw?)

About five years ago I entered G-Spot for the first time. After giving the place the once over I ambled over to the bar and ordered a beer. Positioning myself at the far end nearest the main stage I decided to stand rather than sit so as to have a better view of the goings on. Of course I was distracted by the shower show and the girls on stage, but not to the degree that I failed to notice the bartender filling empty beer bottles from a large plastic jug of recycled beer, then ready them for resale?

When the girl noticed I was watching her perform this despicable practice she was obviously embarrassed, but just smiled and continued her work in a somewhat subdued manner.

Since then I have been in G-Spot many times but am very cautious about drinking there. Also, I don't think I have ever taken a girl out of the place. I have occasionally seen some real lookers dancing there, but have always considered the joint a ripoff to be avoided. Have had better luck in Playskool (I know - same owners probably the same BS).

ST

Actually, the "Johnny Black is Crap" story is complimentary of the Crown Group management, I think. This was some time ago but, the way I was told the story is that Crown Group, as the largest buyer of JW Black in the Plaza asked for a discount on the price (A reasonable request, I think). However, instead of a polite response from the distributor the Crown Group was told to "like it or lump it", the customer demand for JW Black was so strong that there would be no discount and, furthermore, if Crown Group didn't like it the distributor wouldn't sell them any more JW Black. So, Crown Group started running a "Johnny Black is Crap" promotion featuring John Player scothch which really is a quite excellant scotch. I kind of thought that was a good way to handle the jerk from JW Black. But, the customers, including myself keep asking for JW. Oh well...............

About five years ago I entered G-Spot for the first time. After giving the place the once over I ambled over to the bar and ordered a beer. Positioning myself at the far end nearest the main stage I decided to stand rather than sit so as to have a better view of the goings on. Of course I was distracted by the shower show and the girls on stage, but not to the degree that I failed to notice the bartender filling empty beer bottles from a large plastic jug of recycled beer, then ready them for resale…

When the girl noticed I was watching her perform this despicable practice she was obviously embarrassed, but just smiled and continued her work in a somewhat subdued manner.

I think I am going to be sick to my stomach. This is gross. And it certainly worse than allowing soi dogs into the bar.

I am not questioning the post, but has anyone else seen them recycle old beer at G-Spot? I im picturing them pouring half drunken beer (and who knows what else) into a vat and then pouring this crap into a bottle for re-sale to punters at 110 baht a bottle. That is enough to make me avoid any bar run by the Crown Group.

A list of moldy bars is not worth a thread, but this is. Any other bars that recycle old beer.

Archived