Origins of Board names

bushman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this reminds me of an old joke...a bunch of Native American kids were telling how they got their names, "well, when I was born a great thunder was heard, so I am called loud thunder" "well, when I was born, a great bolt of lightening was seen across the sky, so I am called great lightening!" "well, my father saw a great bear when I was born so I am called great bear"...then they all look at this other kid and say "...so, Damn that broken rubber, how did you get your name...?"

I took my name after my favourite Bob Dylan album - Planetwaves (1974)- Just to bore you all a little further there is a song on that album called Hazel. One of the lines of that song goes "Hazel dirty blonde hair - I would be ashamed to be seen with you anywhere" - Well at the time I had a girlfriend called Hazel and she had dirty blonde hair and I was ashamed to be seen with her anywhere - spooky huh?

Not wanting to talk politics but this how I became a zoot . I was camping outside a certain consulate consulate-protesting during the Gulf War , many years ago now . A hippie chick who was there & your typical dippy hippie insisted that I was the spitting image of zoot the blue saxaphone player fromm the Muppet Show . It stuck big time . It alos fits in nicely with my interest in all things '60's , mod , scooters etc etc . smile.gif" border="0

I logged onto Delphi which made me register a name and as I was just randomly surfing I did not put any effort into it (as if no one could guess!).

After I accidently found this message board and had used the David_66_UK board name a few times I found I got strangely attached to it smile.gif" border="0 Although it is now "retired" it is has been immortalised(!) in cement outside the Suzy & Crazy Bar in Clinton Plaza....... Thankyou Mr_Heineken smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Jaganath is the little smileyface god on the hare krishna stickers. He is also the venerated deity at the jagannatha temple in Puri, India, a place where I discovered the true joys of the oriental hippie trail. As for the 69, well its kind of a favourite position, and it sounds better that Jaganath the assfucker!

Cheers

Jaga

Great thread, have always wondered about the board names smile.gif" border="0

My "handle" is simple, I tried explaing what my friends and I do(and why we were showing up at their Ago go so often wink.gif" border="0) to a few of the girls. They said "ahh.... nak bin, nak bin... you come Pattaya too much". That's pretty much it smile.gif" border="0

Nakbin

Archived