Interested in a NanaPlaza Forum Photo Contest ?

New Petchburi Pete

Under "suggestions" for the NanaPlaza forum, I made an initial, general inquiry as to whether or not it would be feasible to have a NPF photo contest (weekly/monthly). Khun Sanuk seems receptive to my idea. Upon his request, firstly,

I would like to know the level of interest amongst our posters for such an addition to the forum. If there is enough interest, we can work together to develop guidelines for photo submissions. With respect to subject matter, I would suggest that all photo entries be taken in Thailand. Anything, other than that which would be objectionable to the standards of the existing forum, would be permissable ... obviously no pictures of ladies related to the 'naughty' nightlife scene! Scenic photos, human interest shots, photojournalistic photos, humorous subjects, etc., etc. is what I have in mind. Digital, as well as scanned photos should be O.K. Of course, with photography, the possibilities are almost endless. This could be quite entertaining and rewarding (not promising prizes just yet!).

If we can arrive at a 'mutual' consensus, then the next step would be to explore the technicalities involved. Photo 'size' should have a limit, say 40 - 60 KB (whatever works best for NPF). As far as logistics, any input would be appreciated. Let's first see the level of interest, and then, through combined effort, we could take it from there. O.K., let's get the ball rolling. Express your thoughts!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

As NPP mentioned I am open to the idea, although I might put some restrictions on it.

I would also have to check our bandwidth costs and if this would consume too much, I am afraid that I would have to pull the plug.

Stickman's suggestion was pretty good as well, btw.

Sanuk!

I think people like me who are on the other side of the world would look forward to seeing shots of LOS. I know that pictures of the ladies of the night would be inappropriate, but I love seeing (and showing off to my friends here in Chicago) the shots of NEP taken from across the street - of course those pictures which don't focus on any one person.

If the pictures are organized by category, will the street vendor shots come with smell vision?

[color:"blue"]I would also have to check our bandwidth costs and if this would consume too much, I am afraid that I would have to pull the plug.[/color]

Personally, I love this photo-contest idea. I think there are a few around here that enjoy taking photos in Thailand. At least, I know I have a few photos that are rather unique to this environment -- and I'm sure I cannot be alone.

As for the bandwidth, I could offer you to host the pics (in a frame on this site -- i.e. everything looks like it's under the Np.com umbrella but it isn't). I have around 100 gig per month spare capacity on my own and I'd be glad to offer that for free. I doubt the traffic here will anywhere close to that anyhow. Let me know, in case you're interested.

Straycat

Thumbs up for the suggestion!

Because of the diversity of the board members I hope that there will be many very different photographs from different aspects of Thai life and from various regions.

But of course it will be much harder to stand the cold winter seeing the images from Thailand ::

Archived