What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Sorry Palatik, I just wrote this and posted it when I saw your earlier one, oh well, two is better :)

Okja (2017) - Meet Mija, a young girl who risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend - a massive animal named Okja.

At first glance this is a movie suitable for kids, but I'd be cautious about showing this to pre teens.

Essentially Okja is a giant GMO pig, happily farting about with her little girl friend in the mountains of South Korea. This all goes bad when the company that owns the pig wants it back for publicity and slaughter.....

This is a good movie. The CGI for the pig is nearly flawless, the acting by all is very good - and there's humour, watch for the Animal Liberation Front guy who tries not to eat so he can leave a small footprint on the planet... Tilda Swinton, Jake Gyllenhaal, do good comedy, Paul Dano is very good.

The reason you shouldn't let kids watch it? It pulls no punches when, amongst other things, it comes to the slaughter of the pigs. It'd probably turn large numbers of young girls into vegans...

Joon-ho Bong deserves a gong for this movie. Well worth a watch.

• Like 1

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017) - been reviewed here earlier I believe.

Guy Ritchie, makes a good movie. but I felt that Ritchie spent too much time on translocating the modern London, Bovver Boy Swagger, Patois and Attitude, to Arthurian legend. I mean really, you'd think that most of the characters could be found in London's present day pubs.

Other than that, good cast, lippy leads a la the Lock Stock and Two Smoking something movie.

Good tale, worth a watch.

Biutiful [2010]

Award winning Spanish movie of a man with terminal cancer sorting out his life, family and dealings with the Barcelona crime scene. Well-made but ultimately so depressing that it is more documentary like and hardly entertainment.

Sorry Palatik, I just wrote this and posted it when I saw your earlier one, oh well, two is better :)

Okja (2017) - Meet Mija, a young girl who risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend - a massive animal named Okja.

At first glance this is a movie suitable for kids, but I'd be cautious about showing this to pre teens.

The reason you shouldn't let kids watch it? It pulls no punches when, amongst other things, it comes to the slaughter of the pigs. It'd probably turn large numbers of young girls into vegans...

I remember when I was young my parents took me and siblings to see "A Ring of Bright Water" Took me years to get over it :shocked:

Denial [2016]

Incredibly flat courtroom drama with the only point of interest being it is about the true story of historian David Irving who was suing a writer for saying he was lying for denying the holocaust ever happened. Watching real YouTube videos about it is more exciting than this.

Gods of Egypt (2016) not received well I think they shoulda swapped the two lead Gods, Gerard Butler woulda been a better Good God... But all the actors were very good looking - particularly Courtney Eaton and Elodie Yung.

An average romp through mythology. If there'd been a nip slip or two, it woulda been very good, but, worth a watch.