2010/11 Season

chelseafan

So, do I have it wrong or was Rooney threatening to leave to get more money? In the end it was all about money?

Arsenal go to Man City and we have massive injuries so I'm not too confident. A draw would be a good result right now. We have been looking good, especially in the CL but when up against the top of the league teams we can play well and still lose when in the old days if we played well we'd win or no worse than a draw.

Looks like Chelsea's season though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, do I have it wrong or was Rooney threatening to leave to get more money? In the end it was all about money?

Arsenal go to Man City and we have massive injuries so I'm not too confident. A draw would be a good result right now. We have been looking good, especially in the CL but when up against the top of the league teams we can play well and still lose when in the old days if we played well we'd win or no worse than a draw.

Looks like Chelsea's season though.

Yee hah! Go Tottenham! Harry rules!

I've suffered many Arsenal losses. There are however, some that stand out and emotionally I can't reconcile them...ever. The home loss to the scum was one of them. It ruined my week (possibly my year) and as a result had a big fight with a girl I was dating and that relationship has gone kaput. I know...I know...its only a game. It is...and it isn't. Especially when you are emotionally invested in a team.

Even my alma mater winning their 'derby' and being in line to possibly be national champions didn't ease the pain.

The other game that I haven't been able to reconcile was the CL QF home loss to Chelsea in '04.

I am glad I didn't see the '99 FAC SF game v. Man Utd. I'd have lost it.

I am glad I didn't see the '99 FAC SF game v. Man Utd. I'd have lost it.

Most people did when Giggs whipped his shirt off and showed the rug on his chest :D

I have just seen two excellent games in a 72 hour period over the last weekend. First off I popped over to England on Friday to be informed by my brother in law that he had tickets for the United v Blackburn game the following day, sad to say it but "Blackburn" I wasn't too bothered especiallly concidering what I had lined up. Glad I was there, the real United turned up and ran them ragged with the 7-1 rout.

Moving on to last night farking magical, I was at the Camp Nou for "El Clasico" aka Barcelona v Real Madrid and for once a game lived up to its hype, Lionel Messi was out of this world putting in a display that confirms my opinion that he is the best player in the world, the way he rippped the Madrid midfield a new asshole by waltzing through them before setting up Villa's second was poetry in motion, it made Maradona in his prime look pedestrian in comparision.

I know its a strange thing to say, but out of the two games, one being my club for over 45 years winning and going top of the League, I actually enjoyed "El Clasico" a lot more, maybe because it was my first (and probably last) opportunity to see what is touted as the top domestic fixture in Europe.

Archived