Need suggestion on great Thai restaurants in BKK

doxx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh ya...Maha Naga on soi 29 should still be worth a go, but I haven't been there in about a year. Gotta rectify that soon...

Another one of your donut shops, I presume. :neener:

BTW, if kilos are evidence of culinary credentials, I got ya beat (easily).

And FYI, "nagas" are on the endangered/nearly extinct list of the UN and all international treaties you'll find addressing same. The nagahyde craze of the 50's and 60's all but wiped them out. (Fuggin' auto upholsterers and furniture manufacturers basically did them in.)

HH

I'm trying to think of an especially nice restaurant a buddy from Peace Corps days took me to last year - on the Bangkok side just north of Rama IX bridge. Dining there at night, we felt like we were back in the Bangkok of the 1970s. It was right on the river, surrounded with greenery, quiet and cool ... plus excellent food. My friend's wife fell in love with the place. I'd never heard of it before and we were the only Farangs in the place. I'd bet even Lizzie K would like it!

Now WTF was its name ... :banghead:

Inviting a person into a Thai restaurant might create a diappointment because said person does not like Thai food .

Me BuBi can not stand Thai food but still visit a crtain Thai restaurant because they offer what is called nowadays fusion - food after you talk to the waiter what you really want . Not sssa-picy for example . Lovely Nok at the same time can eat her tropical mixture of 100 % Chili and something else that kills you right away after it exploded already before entering your stomach .

If was a buddy from your Peace Corps days, he probably can't remember the name either. ;)

(or be able to find it again.)

HH

Maybe so ... but he did found his own medical supply company after PC and is now worth in the tens of millions (US$). He and his Mrs came here on a cruise ship, so I suppose he'll survive. :dunno:

As to people not liking Thai food, any good Thai restaurant should offer some non-Thai dishes as well.

BTW I thunk of the place. Bizarre that the website is almost all in Thai. Presumably they aren't aiming at Farangs. Restaurant #2 is the nice one. They did have Australian wine on the menu, since we went through a few bottles after belting back the beer.

http://www.baanklangnam.net/

Short review

Archived