Samsung Galaxy 4

think_too_mut

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe an employee interpreting company policy as law. Go ask at an electronics store.

I bought an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple when they started selling them unlocked. Had a family member then ship it over to me in Japan. Then I just put the SIM in and it worked fine.

Here's the thing though. In my experience, if you show up at SoftBank with an unlocked phone and want to start a plan, they will refuse and tell you that you have to get a phone from them. It's BS but that's the way they work I guess.

When I got my unlocked 4S I had already had iPhones on SoftBank for over 2 years so I didn't tell them squat. I got the new phone in, took the SIM out of my SoftBank locked iPhone 4 and put it in the new unlocked 4S. If I would have asked them if I could do that, they probably would have told me no.

Not reading any links.

Softbank's policy is one thing, Corporate policy is another, the governing one.

Perversely, all three, DoCoMo, Softbank and KDDI (Au) have bought about half a billion US of my gear to accommodate for iPhones (and Galaxy) and all the junk ("surge of data", they call it, fine) that goes with that.

I'm looking at this from outside so please excuse. I'm also on a weekend furlough in Dubai with all that entails, but here's the thing. Fact 1, you have a company provided phone. An arrangement that seems to disagree with what you want in terms that, it's not the phone you would choose, that's fact 2. Fact 3, you have a desire to change it but cannot as a result of company and supplier restrictive practices.

I suggest the following course of action in flowchart softdick(ware) manner:

1. Do what company says, say yes sir, thank you sir, and shut the fuck up. OR

2. Get a real job with a real company that gives you a.. Blackberry??? OR

3. Wake up! Seriously dude! Contract yourself. Dictate your own terms and get whatever you want/need.

N.B. The term 'contract' can, without prejudice, be exchanged with whore as necessary.

N.N.B. The term 'without prejudice' here refers to the literal rather than 'Res Judicata' the legal.

I'm looking at this from outside so please excuse. I'm also on a weekend furlough in Dubai with all that entails, but here's the thing.

2. Get a real job with a real company that gives you a.. Blackberry??? OR

When I think, I left IBM for this place. Now I have to think what a "real" company is.

A "Two man & wheelbarrow" type of organization that lets you use your own phone for their business?

Archived