About time I start sending her money?????

MaiLuk

Jingjoh said:

Why are you so obsessed with being respected by a bargirl?

Nicholas said:

Seems to me you're trying awfully hard to convince yourself that walking away would be easy...

This is what is so great about this board, you guys ask tough questions that cause a poster to take a close look at what he is doing/thinking.

Why would I take on a 'project' like this, there are so many girls that are not projects, and life is not so long.

Guess I have to get personal to answer. This girl really affected me. To watch her in action, having no care whatsoever about what people think of her... let me give you an example.

We're at the bar in the Amari Suk Soi 5, non-punter farang from the upper strata hanging around in the bar (no Thais except the bartender). This is a nice place in the middle of the Suk scene, an expensively designed lobby with a well stocked bar. Drinks are pushing the 200 baht range. Not many people there, so if you talk, everyone can hear. Jarunee is telling me about the old man who earlier was following her on Soi 19 while she was looking for a moto. You would think that she would not want anyone in a place like this to know what she does for a living, right? She says adamantly and loudly: "You think I don't know why old man follow me? He want to fuck me! He don't have enough fugging money for me to fuck old man like that!" The guy sitting at the table 10 meters away looks at me, we have a good laugh, the farang ladies pretend not to here. It is astounding to here this girl with a beautiful almost virginal looking face talk like the working girl that she is. Self consciousness is an affliction that she has conquered.

I have yet to overcome self consciousness. I find myself wanting to be like her. I want her respect, well, just... because... :dunno:

Jingjoh said:

why is it you need to have what is perceievd to be the lowest form of human life respect you?

I noticed how you carefully phrased that, you must want to avoid generating a whole lot of unwanted responses. :: ::

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shyguy said:

I bet she is carrying a blade. You make her lose face and she will slice you up.

KhMarried said:

This girl is unstable and dangerous. She barely values her own life...

This ain't no game or 007 movie.

I understand that there is physical danger when you engage a girl like this. Many farang visit Thailand, and think that they can be the same asshole they are in their home country with no real risks to their personal safety. Since their safety never becomes an issue at home, why should it be any different in Thailand. Most of the time, nothing happens to them, but it most definitely could.

Where I grew up, fuck with the wrong person and you might die. There are no 'fair fights', thats a stupid concept.

I have no worries about Jarunee cutting me up, underneath that tough exterior she is very afraid (I witnessed her fear at Grace when she had trouble with my ex-girl's friends). But it would be very easy for her to have someone else do her dirty work, its something that should always be kept in mind. Most punters don't realize that it would not cost alot of baht to have a moto driver cause an "accident". I guess it is a risk (however remote) we all take when we are in the scene.

Thanks for the warning, sometimes we drift into situations, because they develop slowly we don't recognize the danger.

KhMarried said:

I think he's in way over his head

Not yet :: :grinyes:

I understand that there is physical danger when you engage a girl like this. Many farang visit Thailand, and think that they can be the same asshole they are in their home country with no real risks to their personal safety. Since their safety never becomes an issue at home, why should it be any different in Thailand. Most of the time, nothing happens to them, but it most definitely could.

I don't think the issue is so much about acting like the same asshole you are at home. The violence that may erupt from that is more of the "you get what you deserve" variety and is actually fairly predictable after even a small amount of superficial experience in the farang bar scene in Thailand.

I think the issue I'm thinking of is almost the opposite of that. It's more about how girls of the ilk we're getting a picture of here have a tendency to draw you away from *your* world and into *their* world. The rules in their world are really different, and so you can suddenly and unexpectedly find yourself in rapidly escalating situations where your experiences and intuitions are of much less help in terms of predicting the proper course of action and the potential outcomes. Suddenly you may be behaving in ways that are outside your own norms. It becomes very difficult to maintain control in that sort of situation, especially if you are coming at it from a completely different angle than the other person (i.e., she's playing from the standpoint of a ruined life seeking security and who knows what else, and you are coming at it from the standpoint of fulfilling the need to play with a "bad girl").

This can get really dangerous and have serious repercussions, mainly due to its randomness.

Hi MaiLuk,

Well...your post has certainly generated quite a response. 8 pages in a couple days, is pretty remarkable. Due mostly, I think, to the twists and turns, of additional facts unfolding, as you have offered an ever-increasing amount of info. Which, by the way, you have been very generous, and honest, in doing. I think a really great thread, so far, because of that fact.

I've given my opinion, as best I could, based on what facts I knew, at the time of my post, as I think everyone else here has. For me personaly, I think I have a pretty good jist of the situation, and wanted to leave you with some final thoughts.

As best as I can see now, your girl has been on the streets from a very early age, and personifies "Hard Core B/G" more than most of us will ever come across (15 + years minimum in the business). From what I have seen, and experienced here, the members of this board are made up of fairly responsible people, as a whole. Mostly made up of people who understand that Thai B/G's are people. With feelings, dreams, responsibilities, desires...just like the rest of us. We try to figure out why they scam, lie, play games.......but in the end, most of us love them for who they are, and understand that they are mostly born from situations out of their control.

Given this, I think that your position is going to take a very dark, combative side here. And I'll tell you why. This girl needs very serious help. Out on the street since pre-teen?, who is now in her thirties? I can't even imagine the mental damage/baggage this girl has, and carries with her, every second, of every day.

There is only one thing that will ever change her. And that is some one stepping up to the plate, and deciding to commit everything, to have this girl lead a different life. What's that going to take? Someone making it their life's mission, to reprogram her, make her trust (years of work, because she doesn't probably even know what that is, with her parents dying at age 9), and make her know what love is (I doubt she even understands the concept).

Are you that person? By all known/self admission accounts, you are not. You are dealing with some incredibly damaged material here, IMO, beyond your/or my comprehension. Jarunee is a person. She is not a toy. It is such a sad story, because her whole life has appearently revolved around her being a toy. It's all she knows, and has seen, and been, and thinks of herself as.

MaiLuk....... You want to play this girl, and win? It's a game you will never win. You don't even know what the rules are.

So, my friend....I'll make this one final plea to you, as I have before. You want something to happen with this girl? Do you really? Then you have to make it happen. It's not going to occur on it's own. But we both know that is not going to happen, don't we? She is exciting, and an amusement. And so you offer her nothing, but to compound her problems. Throwing some baht her way, going to solve them? Hey...she's got baht coming in every way but sideways, nightly. Money is not her problem.

You're either part of the problem, or the solution. I'm not seeing you as the solution. (Not a flame, MaiLuk. I know you understand what I am telling you here.) Either commit, and pull her out, or let her seek her own destiny, without fucking her life up further. If it were me, this would be the only two options available.

HT

[color:"blue"]You would think that she would not want anyone in a place like this to know what she does for a living, right? She says adamantly and loudly: "...fuck me!"...It is astounding to here this girl with a beautiful almost virginal looking face talk like the working girl that she is. Self consciousness is an affliction that she has conquered.[/color]

You know, although this is a trait shared by many girls working in that area, this is a very dangerous sign. You see it in the 'glass half-full way' but it's not a very positive thing at all. The social pressure form Thai society is IMMENSE...much, much more so than it in our part of the world....and I think acting/talking this way in public is not a sign of 'self-consciousness conquered' at all -- but a sign of not caring anymore.

I certainly understand your fascination -- but you do have to be very, very careful out there.

This post is so long, I will never get to the end. I think the guy should sponder her, then go to Thailand and get a lawyer and get her a fiance visa and take her home with him. Then he can have some control over the situation?

This post is so long, I will never get to the end. I think the guy should sponser her, then go to Thailand and get a lawyer and get her a fiance visa and take her home with him. Then he can have some control over the situation?

Archived