About time I start sending her money?????

MaiLuk

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MaiLuk, Just to add my 2 satang's worth here as this seems to be a very well answered message already.

Assume, that the girl does not love you. At least in the western sense of the word. She may like you a lot but its linked to the next point.

She is looking for security and money to have a secure future.

She knows that she is running out of time (i.e 32ish) and wants to hook someone before time runs out.

Assume she has a Thai boyfriend already.

You are considered by her as a good farang, with enough money to support her and she likes you.

Assume, she considers you to be 'helping her have good face' with her friends & other nightlife workers.

Almost goes without saying and I think you clearly realise this, that you are treading a very fine line. Do anything negative in this girls eyes', like take another girl etc and hell will come down so fast you will need to borrow rollerscates to get out of there. I would imagine, that this one could turn nasty at the moment she thinks you are no longer a good investment for her. Assume the risk on these terms and I reckon you will have fun, but as another poster said, always sleep with one eye open.

Cheers

Cheers

Having her eat from the palm of your hand is the ultimate WIN

That exact thing has happened before. It was after a fight we had... I did a draft for a trip report a month ago, I'm going to cut and paste part of it here, be right back.

Here it is, I never finished this report, its all about guess who. Six weeks ago I thought she was scamming me (getting one of the girls from a couple of different beer bars to add some baht to my final check tally, or split with her my payment for a lady drink) which started the whole fight. Here is an excerpt:

Fast forward - we're back in BKK, its 3:00pm and my flight leaves the next morning at 6:00am. We're in our favorite beer bar again. Since Pattaya nothing out of the ordinary

happened, just having a good time, me joking with Jarunee about how she loves me. Today is where things get a little crazy, and tonight I will be shocked by Jarunee.

3 or 4 hours of drinking later, we have about a ten or twelve chits in the check bin. We've been having fun clowning around with some guys from Norway and their wives, I'm

getting beat at pool again. Its a great day. As I'm sitting with Jarunee at a small table, one of the bar girls comes over and says something to Jarunee. Jarunee says they want us to

pay because of shift change. OK, its 7pm some girls have been here since 10am, they gotta leave. I take a look at the check bin, the number of drinks is right but I don't add the

charges up in my head.

I pay the 1,290 baht total that the girl comes back with. I sit back drinking my beer, and as I look around this crowded bar I think - Oh shit! No one else has paid their check.

I have no idea how anyone could gain by me paying my check at that moment, but I know for sure Jarunee is up to no good. What a crazy puying I have, I think she can't help

herself. And now I feel stupid because I fell for this shift change ploy.

I look at Jarunee, she says "What?"

"Why the f?k are we the only people in this bar that paid our check?"

Jarunee looks around, says "Lets ask the girl." She calls the girl over, their speaking Thai. Jarunee says to me "Our check is big, before farang walk out without paying."

Well. Now I have a second story, what happened to the shift change story. Its a stupid story, 1290 baht is not a big check. Jarunee is not stupid. The bar is full of pairs of ex-pat

types with bigger checks than us.

Jarunee and the girl continue talking in Thai. Jarunee says "mai pen rai, mai pen rai."

Mai pen rai my ass. I take the girls hand before she can walk away and pull her toward me. "Why did I have to pay my check?" She starts jabbering in Thai, I say "Phut

Angkrit." She cannot speak english or is pretending. "Was there a shift change?" Yes, yes. "Ok. Tell me what girls left the f---ing bar?" She doesn't know. My questions are

making this girl uncomfortable, Jarunee too. Its an awkward situation for us all, people are looking. But I don't feel awkward. I'm actually feeling good because for the first time

I'm going to make the effort to get to the bottom of this and catch Jarunee cold. I don't care who is embarrassed.

I keep talking with the girl. "I want to know who said I have to pay my check." She looks at me. I say ?Right now!? The bar girl goes off to find out. As I'm sitting there, I figure the 1290 baht must be an overstatement, with Jarunee to receive a kickback. So I tell Jarunee "Go tell that girl I want to see our checks again."

What for?

Just tell her.

Jarunee says "Do you see her anywhere?"

"She'll be around, just wait."

We wait. And wait. The girl never comes back. And she is nowhere in the bar. I can see where this is going. So I walk over to the bar, there are five girls crowded back there

looking busy, don't know what their doing. "I want to see my check bin again." Noone knows what I'm talking about, and the girls all seem to scatter. I smile, but don?t let Jarunee see. I think I?m in some sort of Hollywood comedy with a bad script. And I?m not the straight guy, dammit.

I?ve had quite a few Singhas, I could be getting worked up pretty good over this, but instead I feel real calm. I?m in the perfect mood to challenge Jarunee. Challenging a TG

that your emotionally mixed up with is no easy task.

I go back to Jarunee "I want to see the checks. Now."

The fact is, without any real effort Jarunee could have had the checks I was asking for in my hand in less than a minute. Any doubt whether she scammed me is answered by her

refusal to help. Maybe there really was a shift change, and the girl that she worked out a deal with wanted to leave, which would explain why the scam worked the way it did. Or

am I just paranoid?.

Jarunee says "You already see the check bin before you pay, you say everything OK. Why you want to see it again?"

I say "So you want to piss me off, right?"

She gets that hurt look in her eyes. "What are you talking about?" The thought of slapping her in the face crosses my mind but quickly dissapears.

I grab her by the hand and we leave the bar, head back to the hotel. It was a big mistake for her to f--k with me on my last night in BKK, we?ve been together a week and I haven't

paid her anything yet. She is not so smart after all.

I say "You know, Jarunee, I liked that f---ing bar. Now I won't ever go back because of your bullshit." There is that hurt look in her eyes again.

I suppose someone might think that this is making a big fracas over nothing, what did she get out of it? A hundred baht? So what?

If you?ve never been through something like this, let me tell you how it feels. You?ve been taking care of this girl for a week, 24/7. She has been taking care of you. The two

of you have been as intimate as the law of physics will allow, and then you went beyond those laws because your heart is not yet dead, it?s a living breathing heart that could not

possibly stay out of it.

Then this girl does something very personal. She rips you off while the two of you are drinking and laughing together at your favorite bar, the same bar where you have laughed

together and drank many times before. The girls in this bar know your face, and know you are being ripped off. In fact, word gets around to every bar girl in the bar. You?re the punch line of a big joke. A joke that has been played out for longer than any living bar girls memory. And its your girl that is doing this. Doing it to you.

If you can imagine the madness of an avalanche coming at you while trekking alone in the frozen mountains, than you can know how it feels to be on the wrong end of a ripoff.

I'm through with Jarunee.

But as I will soon learn, Jarunee is not through with me.

Back at the hotel, I tell her: Take your shit and get out. She is fast to react. She is packed in 10 seconds! Then she sits on the bed. After a moment, she says ?Give me money.?

I can?t resist turning her words against her: ?You told me before that you don?t care about the money when you are with farang.?

She ignores this, and starts pleading ?I need money, give me money. I have to live.?

After staring at her in silence, I pull about 700 baht out of my pocket, throw it on the bed: ?This is all the baht I have.? Its true, hadn?t made it to the ATM that day. Not a big take home check for her after spending a week with a farang.

Without even a one second delay, and without touching the money, ?This not enough.?

I say ?Thats not enough? Take the f?ing money and get the hell out of my room before I change my mind and take it back!?

"If you do this to me, I never talk to you again." Well. In her mind this must be the ultimate threat, to permanently deprive a farang of her presence. She has told me before that she has left farang crying in the street. I believe her.

But this kind of mind f--k does not work with me. I say ?You won?t talk to me again? Jarunee, you don?t understand. I don?t want to see your face again. Ever.? That sudden

flash in her eyes. The word ?magnificent? enters my mind.

She is on the verge of tears, I think she wants them to come but her eyes are dry. For now. ?I have to live, you understand?? She than said something like ?I prostitute, I must have money to live! Please give me money!?

Is this the best she can come up with? She has been in the scene a long time, why is her acting so poor? Has she not been in this position before? I say ?You ripped me off, I?m

not giving you SHIT!.?

?What are you talking about?!!?

I rattle off about the 250 baht shirt, the beer bar in Pattaya, the silver shop, the check bin problem tonight. She thinks I?m crazy. I tell her she pushed things way too far. Why am I

even arguing with her? ?Now get the f?ck out.?

She looks at me, says ?You want to see my blood??

What is that supposed to mean?

We continue to argue for a few minutes: Get out. Give me money.

I get fed up. I open the hotel room door. She is now standing in front of the refrigerator, which is on the opposite side of the room from the door. I grab her bag off the bed and throw it into the hallway. She takes a glass off the top of the refrigerator, then has her back against the wall watching me. I?m back in the room, grab her platform shoes, throw them into the hallway. I look at her as she slowly slides along the wall. She ends up in the corner, glass in hand. I want her out. I?m on the move, I charge her. Look of terror on her face. Scream coming from her mouth. She smashes the glass against the wall with tremendous force. Glass scatters like rain. I can see broken glass in her clenched fist. I don?t care. I grab her by the hair, she is going to join her bag and shoes. She resists by dropping to the floor.

I let go of her hair. I step back. She holds her fist in front of her, blood dripping onto the terrazzo floor, crying. A despondent, defeated look on her face.

I watch. She cries. She bleeds. She speaks in a sobbing voice: ?Please take me back. Please take me back! I?m so sorry. Whatever I do, I?m so sorry. I am so sorry...? The

sound of her words swirl around my heart.

I watch for a while longer, her fist still held out in front of her, her knees bent underneath her. She hasn?t moved, as if she had been turned to stone. The sound of her sobbing

echoing through the open door out into the hallway. Her pleading eyes looking up at me, asking, begging.

I here myself speak, almost a whisper ?You are not sorry. You are full of shit.?

The blood is now a small puddle on the floor. She doesn?t notice. Her passive eyes are on me. I think now about how I wanted to win the battle with this girl. How I thought that with every girl that is exactly what it is, a battle, a question of who would come out on top in the end. But I didn?t imagine this, with Jarunee transforming herself from the tough bar girl with her ?fuck you? attitude, into a subdued panhandler imploring me to ?keep? her a little longer.

You might say that she is putting on a show, that I should put it down to another case of Hollywood style bar girl hysterics. But if you think only about whether Jarunee is acting, you may miss the meaning, the essence of what has just happened. The tables have turned almost violently, from she and I being together as equals, to her having to kneel before me pleading her case as if I were some kind of royalty. This girl has burned away the opaque shadows covering my eyes. She and I were never equal. I always was aware of the

economics of our relationship. I knew I had the money and she needed the money. But it wasn?t much more than an abstract concept to me. I never felt in my heart the potency of this simple fact. Not the way Jarunee has felt it in the marrow of her bones every single day that we were together.

I help Jarunee to her feet, take her to the bathroom, she has 15 tiny pieces of glass in her fist, many lodged into her palm and fingers. After I help her get the glass out and clean

her up, I?m picking up the blood covered glass off the floor. I think: what if I cut myself and get aids. Why do I think about myself at this moment?

Jarunee is sitting on the bed, her eyes still tearing. She asks ?Do you forgive me?? Her voice is shaky, as if she is cold. I kneel before her, tell her that if she gives me a braid

from her hair I will forgive her. Hey, I still have to regain some face after she screwed me at the bar tonight, right? She had already agreed to do this days ago, I?m going to have a bracelet made out of it. But I?m not so sure I can really forgive a puying who ripped me off.

She cuts her hair, gives it to me. Shit, looks like I have to go along with it now.

I decide I don?t want to stay in the hotel room, its my last night. We head out to have a beer in Soi Cowboy. On the way, she stops in a tattoo shop on Sukhumvit. Earlier while

in Pattaya, when Jarunee was telling me she loved me, she said she wants to have my name tattooed on her hip. She said she would use Chinese characters so no other farang will

know.

Now we?re in the tattoo shop. She says she is going to get my name tattooed in english, not chinese. On her arm! Oh shit. She picks out the style of letters, their huge. I?m still

in shock that she is doing this, but I here myself say the letters are to big, use something smaller. Shit. Now I?m involved, I?m an accomplice. She picks out smaller letters. I?m watching the artist make the outline on her arm, letters soon to be filled with permanent ink. Permanent? Isn?t this girl a working girl? With several boyfriends who think they

are her #1? Won?t this be bad for business? Isn?t this the moment where I, the educated farang, should step in and rescue the poor Thai girl and stop her from making an awful

mistake? Wouldn?t you? Would you?

Instead, I stand mute as the artist brings his electro powered ink injection beauty altering needle (don?t know what else to call it) to the fore. I look at Jarunee, she is reclined in the

chair looking up at me, her beautiful right arm propped up and ready to receive the painful brand which will show, what? That I?m her owner? I decide to stop thinking, she can make her own decisions so fuck it.

As she waits I see nervousness in her eyes. Why do her eyes have to be so fucking beautiful? Why do I feel that I have to possess what ever it is that lies behind those eyes?

Maybe she knows about this man?s need to possess her. Maybe that is why she is going through with this. To show me that she is willing to give me whatever I want, that she will make any sacrifice. For me. To show me that in fact I do possess her.

Is this the same girl that tried to rip me off? Did I imagine it all? Well. Someone fucks me around, I?ll never forget. Can I forgive?

Can I make that sacrifice for her?

well she gets a tatoo with your name she even give you children or whatever you want..... maybe she thinks she loves you but that will fade away real soon if the money not coming in.....

i dont know what to say to you about this Mailuk but are you sure you can not find something else? are you so attached to this one that you can not switch girl and leave her behind?

well whatever you do i guess you will find out if you did right or wrong.

its just money and its not the end of the world if you sending her little money to make her happy....

by the way did she make the tatoo or not?

Cheers

It ALL depends if you think you can keep up to HER... and therefore yourself.

The reality and darkness inside a soul, makes even the gods say "and let there be light".

::

And I actualy thought I had made my last post here. Go figure? :dunno:

Well...the plot thickens..... I can only revert you back to my original post. Yes....we've seemed to come full circle. ::

With this latest description, again sounds like this is a very hard core 10+ year veteran, who is beyond any help that you can/willing to, offer her.

Just walk away. Talk about a stormy romance??? And I must say also, MaiLuk, that you got some issues going on here, also. It's not about 'winning, dude. In the sence of having the upper hand. It's about being happy. Which neither of you seem to be. Sounds like a relationship born from power plays, mistrust, and everything a successful relationship is not. Really sounds like a relationship destined for self-destruction, on both ends, and one born from mutual infactuation, rather than love, on both your parts.

You don't love her, and she's willingly taking on new customers. Not exactly a match made in heaven. This girl seems really damaged, and playing her along like your doing, is not going to do her any good. In the end, it won't do you any good either.

If this girl has any hope of a decent life, its not going to be with you. It'll be with someone who is willing to give 100%, for the right reasons. If you walk away, she will, at least have a remote chance for that hppening for her. Might seem like strange advice, but if you REALLY care about her, then walk away. She needs much more that you can/will/able/want to give her. I know you care about her, but seems almost has become a game/challange with you, for your benefit, and not her's. So you win???? Are you willing to pick up the pieces after claiming your trophy? I hope so, my friend.

I know you know I'm not flaming you here. I'm just expressing what I see. One post that you haven't answered, was mine, asking what you wanted out of this relationship, and given a perfect world, what would it be, in relationship to this girl, 1 year from now. You're answer has been conspiculously absent. And I think I know why? You simply don't know. In my opinon, its time to shit, or get off the pot. You're going to be back there in a few weeks.

Either commit to her wholly, or get out of her life, so she can get on with hers.

HT

Agree HT that "You simply don't know. In my opinon, its time to shit, or get off the pot."

Also believe "Either commit to her wholly, or get out of her life, so she can get on with hers."

Actually she HAS one. he doesn't yet.

That why the Old Shelby Cobra, with all it's faults, it still more attractive than the new Neon.!!

He will or he won't.

Keep up.

Learn to have control.

Be the man we all (including himself [and her ]) secretly admires and envys.

Will be interesting to watch!!

:grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Oh, you take high road and I'll take the .....

Archived