This board running slow?

Palatkik

Someone pointed out in the thread on Thai children in prison that the board was running slow. I didn't want to change topic on that threads worthwhile cause, but wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? For the last few days it takes much longer to receive the data on my screen.

Cheers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the board is ok, but there are still some speed problems with the www in general and my local ISP in LOS in particular

after nobody invests anymore in the infrastructure and the telecom/datacom equipment manufacturer have dramatically downsized, backbone, routers and switches get totally overloaded...

The board has been really slow for me in the last days/weeks, every now and again its gets better, then slows down again, I have been trying 4 different ISP's when its slow and all the same result, I have had no trouble with my conections to other web sites, I am experiencing a problem with this site only not other web sites, :dunno:

My experience echo's Racha's.

I read the board by opening multiple windows. This way I save time instead of just using one window. I'll open a category, and then choose "open in new window" for the threads I have unread messages. This also has the benefit of each window going to the first unread message. In any event. The server was hanging badly and I was timing out trying to ping it, but had no other problems with servers anywhere else in the world.

<<burp>>

Archived