Good Thai Girls asking for money?

walletss

JJsushi, you said:

[color:"red"] "I stand by my opinion of that being a cheap low class act" [/color]

and

[color:"red"] "Instead of doing the right thing he reacts like a petulant child by punishing her." [/color]

but you maintain that ...

[color:"red"] I did not flame him by calling him an unsuitable name or attacking his overall character. [/color]

Gee, I wonder why ....

[color:"red"] others may think I am an ass [/color]

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Harlequin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says harlequinbkk:

JJsushi, you said:

[color:"red"] "I stand by my opinion of that being a cheap low class act"
[/color]

Pertaining to the act of not giving the chick money for food and taxi. My comment is in response to the scenario presented. I did not call Wallet a cheap and low class person in life, simply that he committed what was IMO a cheap and low class act.

[color:"red"] "Instead of doing the right thing he reacts like a petulant child by punishing her." [/color]

My opinion of the way he acted in the scenario. I did not say he IS a petulant child I stated that he reacted as a petulant child would.

but you maintain that ...

[color:"red"] I did not flame him by calling him an unsuitable name or attacking his overall character. [/color]

Like I mentioned in my previous post my criticism pertained the scenario of the posting. I think I was consistent in my criticism of the post.

HBB do you have a problem with reading comprehension? You seem to focus on a particular word or phrase but you miss the overall context and gravity of what is being said.

Gee, I wonder why ....

[color:"red"] others may think I am an ass [/color]

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I guess because people such as yourself are adamant about being right in some capacity, therefore you read too much into what is said or written in order to prove some silly, unfounded, irrelevant point. In other words where I come from we call that being thick-headed. Does that answer your question?

:rolleyes:

I get a kick out of this GTG thing, and now we even have semi-GTG ? what the hell is that? (Its an orange today, but tomorrow it may just be a rambutan.) I just have to wonder what some of the guys here are thinking:

1. This is a board populated by guys who are in Thailand or want to get back to Thailand at the first available opportunity,

2. Chasing girls is one of the major themes on the board (but maybe its not in our hearts/minds ? we?re really thinking a lot about the Grand Palace, the history of the Thais bringing down Angkor, that nasty Toxin, or some other such ?socially acceptable and upstanding thing.? Yeah, right.)

3. Now many (or some) of the converted say ?I don?t date bar girls, but I know all about them? and other such bullshit. OK, up to them, but who are they kidding? (And indeed, if truth be known, they?re probably sneaking down to Mona Lisa for a quick slip/slide when their GTG is not looking, or down at Counter 39 getting a little squeeze play.)

At any rate, my point is this: I?d postulate that most guys on this board came and/or stayed because of the nightlife and the girls. Simple. None of this ?GTG? bullshit brought anyone to Thailand (OK, maybe one or two out in left field there).

But once here, the guy changed - he joined the 'GTG' crowd. Perhaps thoughts of ?what would mother think? haunted him in his private moments, a nascent religion took hold, or whatever, but then he gets on the ?I don?t date BGs? bandwagon.

But assuming I am wrong, and all these young upstanding GTG guys came to Thailand for, uh, what? How did they get this bug up their ass about GTGs:

(a) Did they see the Robin William?s love attraction in ?Good Morning Vietnam?, and fall for GTGs? I just gotta have one!

(B) Did they watch the ?King and I,? and say ?what culture and majesty!? in spite of old Yul?s girl being a westerner?

© Or were they hooked on the recent Miss World from Thailand?

(d) Did they read D.G.E. Moore?s ?History of SE Asia? and say ?what culture and history ? I want to go there and live and immerse myself in the Thai life and have a good Thai girlfriend and later become a writer?

(e) Did they give up on the hari krishnas and decide to try ?that Buddhist thing??

(f) Was it the food, or Bangkok's beauty?

(g) Or something more sinister, for which you'll go straight to hell without passing go and collecting $200?

Most of this is ludicrous, but it does not detract from the point. Be honest with yourself. ?Know thyself? said Socrates.

Again, the point is that, if truth be known, most of the guys who are now ?I only date GTGs? or some such bullshit really came to Thailand for the nightlife/girls. I?m willing to be proven wrong, but that?s my guess.

And this isn?t a value judgment thing, it?s just about people being honest. Me? I came for the work, but the Sirens call brought me back. And its fucking disneyland!

Selamat menikmati (enjoy)

I refused her request

-----------------------------------

it all depends how she asked for it. I disagree with JJsushi that you behaved lowly, unless you were rude in doing so. I once dated a girl overnight who told me she had a factory in BK, blahblah..., in the morning after staying together she wahted to go to BIG C, then loaded her cart with tons of stuff, then at the cashier told me she "had no money, but anyway, nothing was for her but for her baby". Just told her that everyone in Pattaya is like her, working for their baby. I was pissed, and i let her know. End of romance....

2 days later, i am riding thru soi Diana Inn, and I see her, Bfast time again, seated with old farangs on Diana Dragon patio. factory clients, most likely ;)...

So, no telling, some make a job of being GTGs, they know farangs feel lucky they met a real thai woman....

In short, this is Pattaya, 99% women here (never mind GTG, BG) are on the look-out for a better income. Some of them are still quite a joy to meet, but you can't be too naive (that goes for anything in LOS, BTW).

Aso, I thinbk most thais don't put too much weight in the principle that asking for hand-outs is bad. It's more like: if you can afford it, do the deed, you will get good luck for it. In a way, they give you a chance to acquire merit and go to Nibbana in about 5 billion years, instead of 6..... You should pay and thank that girl, no? ::

Orand,

Good to see you posting again. I enjoy your perspective because you definately have different experiences and share an insight that the typical guy doesn't have.

Very interesting topic about "dating a BG". This is probably where a strongly disagree with a lot of posters.

I just don't associate the word "dating" when I go out and do things with BGs. How can you when some type of money transaction takes place for her services or her time? Even if i go see a movie and a lunch with her only, it is not a date in my eyes. I always pick-up all the costs and will give her few baht (maybe out of guilt). Yes, what has transcended is that i have formed friendships (not sure of the quality) with a few BGs. Thus, it is like going out with a platonic person for that particular time so it really isn't a date per se. KInd of like going out with a western women in a platonic situation. Yes, I have slept with BGs prior and will again in the future. That is the immense difference between the platonic times i share with western women and these BGs.

Dating GTG is in fact what i call dating. There is no talk or anticipation of money for her time out with me. In fact, sometimes GTG pay or offer pay something during the date. The point being is you have two people together more or less on equal footing socially since money is not part of the equation. Sure, she might be out with me with the hopes i could be a good bf because i could provide for her financially in the long run, but she is not out at the point in time to secure a transaction or donation.

Dating GTGs and going out with BGs are completely two different types of experiences even though we could be doing the exact same things. It all has to do with the money or the anticipation of money (BG) or nothing to do with money at that point in time (GTG).

So when someone talks about "dating soi 33 girls", in my book there is no such thing. Soi 33 girls are exactly the same as her sisters in all the other entertainment places. She is there for the same reason. They all are poor and looking for a handout or a business transaction. The bottom line is that the experience out with you is not for mutual admiration (doesn't mean she does not like you), but she hopes to get something out of the deal. It won't cost her in any financial way and at the very worst she would break even from that time out with you.

Cardinalblue

I get a kick out of this GTG thing, and now we even have semi-GTG ? what the hell is that?

----------------------------------------------

NSGTG? (not so goodTG?)

Soon, we are going to have to take a course in TG rating just like precious stones (after all, they can go from rough diamonds to super Q), and then specify which grade with each woman.

Seriously, I've had it with the GTG, BG thing. A GTG wil skin you alive as well, if not better than a BG. There are some real bitches out there, and those who visit here often or stay, know it very well. Everytime i date a "GTG", I can see traits that anyone would think belonged to "BGs".

Like childishness, lousy english (from being too lazy to correct it even if tutored), mood swings I never experienced with farang women (aie, aie, aie!), unexplainable schedule conflicts/changes, stories/excuses changing with the wind, etc...

And of course, money. Not because they are women, but because this is Asia, this is Thailand: you'd have to be pretty stupid not to see that the stuff is just about one of the most desired/pleasurable things here, if only for status and self-esteem. And God knows thai women need to boost their self-esteem.

Going with a BG is IMO not a date but a commercial agreement.

--------------------------------

agrred. But the reverse is not entitrely a sure thing. Going with a thai date might actually hide another commercial agrrement. It's just that one does not pay up in the morning, after the act, or kissing Gbye after Bfast (assuming we talk about repeat dates that end up in bed at some point).

I think it's easy to know if a girl enjoys not only you but your money too. If you ask yourself :woud she still go out with me if i was spending according to what she makes, not what I make, singurlaly reducing the cost and frequency of going out? To the point that she'd have to pinch in a bit sometimes, just as normal dates do, after a few nights out?

I've had dates with so-called Bgs who did not cost me anything, where actualy the lady spent a little, and dates with non-commercial ladies who turned out to be quite unsavoury, money wise. May explain why i still dig Pattaya over BKK, to this day, but i think here, we are in danger (not you, though, oran) of letting this myth of the GTG go a little too far. Most thais are greedy or in need at least, and those who are not can still smell a buck when it comes near them. such is to live your life basically by the day.

The only difference is that for some of them, you are happy you spent the money, (understood the context but did not feel schemed upon) and for some others, you wish you had stayed home.

Why I did come to Thailand back in late seventies is simple.

My company decided it was the place for my next assignment.

no other motives, but after a few years I got a Thai GF and decied to get married and stay. Mind you there wasn't much of the current farang nightlife scene back then. PP existed but was a bit run down after the GI's left. SC has about 3 bars with pool and darts. Grace and Nana were mostly Arab hangouts (not that I want to discriminate here)

I do disagree a bit about your opinion on the Soi 33 girls, in that I know several for a fact that will not go with a customer if the objective is to have sex. Many will, but many won't.

In PP, NP or SC sex is almost always the objective and expected by both. That's in what several Soi 33 girls differ.

Many consider themselves barhostesses and their salary and "drinkmoney" is enough for them. Sevral are students or work in lowly paid dayjobs. In fact many of them have Thai Husbands.

The girls I'm talking about may go with customers on a nice nite out, and if they really like you may even go further than that. But a BF of a soi 33 girl does not guarantee sex, mostly an evening of (lets hope) good company.

Back to the subject of dating. BFining a girl is IMO never a date. That doesn't mean that going out with a BG (soi 33 or elsewhere) is never a date.

If a BG deiced to skip an evening's out to have a nice nite out with a guy (no BF and no fee discussed beforehand) its IMO a date. In fact if you date a so called GTG, how do you know she isn't, and never was, a BG or a FL. OK, many you can spot from miles away, but defenitely not always. BG's and FL's have real feeling too at times and do like to normally date guys when the chance arises and the chemistry is right.

As to who pays for the expenses during a date I guess its al a matter of income level. If I go out with a TG who has a income of 10K or less, I cannot expect her to pay equally. I could do as Pattaya says and go out with her according to her income level, but then I might not have the good time I'm looking for.

If you go on a date the objective is for both to have a good time and each to contribute according to their own budget available.

Late 70s, eh?

It was work in 1983 for me, and Patpong and Cowboy were the major areas. But at that time I didn't think PP was too run down:

Kings Castle - the original and still the best (or KC II, now)

Superstar

Pink Panther on PP2

Texan and the old CIA boys hanging out there

Lucky Strike

Mikes Place on PP2

Rafifi on PP2

The venerable Grand Prix (probably the oldest of all).

The upstairs duo - Kangaroo Club and Pussycat

-Bobby's Aroi Dee for food and a movie at lunch.

-Thai Room - (same waiter(s) still there, I might add)

-Madrid

-TipTop

-No night market causing you problems

-La Cherie MP around the corner and their escalator even worked at that time.

-Takara massage in its proper place on PP 2

- Soi Katoey was where the katoey's stayed.

And of course Cowboy with Moonshine and Bobby (RIP) running it, Jay's Soul Food, and a few others I can't remember thru the haze.

Shit, it was great. Why would anyone ever want to go anywhere else?

But I digress - I guess all I've got to look forward to is nostalgia.

Not meaning to pry, but what kept you? Family, business, etc? By participating in this Board it appears you have some interest in 'the life' Certainly I do after 20 years but more as a a diversion - I grow weary of the chase. And the body does weaken.

An observation further to my previous email - the large number of Boards about Bangkok and the effort that folks put into the discussion about the girls has to suggest that many (or most?) come to Thailand for just that - the girls.

Contrast the number of boards about Bangkok

Nanplaza

Nanapong

BGV

Bangkoktonight

Stickman's Site

BangkokPhil

Bangkok AtoZ

etc etc

With those about, say, Sydney or Madras or elsewhere, and one would have to conclude: 'hey, must be something about those TGs!' It ain't the kao paed kai that brings them back, IMO.

Archived