Does being a good looking guy count for anything?

>Can you elaborate on this?

My take: being handsome may count a little (if that) at your first encounter.

After that, if you step into a relationship, could be a bonus. Not a show stopper.

In bgs' words (I refined them):

Handsome young man takes me to Koh Samui, he is on holidays, will forget me as soon as he is back, and gives me 10-15 blasts a day. Pays average ot less.

Not handsome, drunk, ST hotel, one shot, pays better, he forgets me I forget him.

I'm here for the money. If they want to marry me, then we can see.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Jazz:

yes, but their idea of handsome is different from ours and even farang women.

[color:"blue"]

Can you elaborate on this?

My initial reaction is that I disagree as I've seen plenty of young girls go crazy over MTV boy bands and my friend they call "David Beckham".

[/color]

There are also plenty of Thai women who are not in the least bit attracted to a David Beckham or a farang boy band. They are simply attracted to the physical features of Thai men. There are some who may be attracted to one guy out the five in a boy band too.

I have a Thai female friend who is not attracted to farang at all. I even asked her if she thought I was handsome. She said I was not handsome but I had a very nice face to look at. Maybe it was her way of telling me I was ugly as hell. Go figure.

Different strokes for different folks.

I had friends who thought the Spice Girls were hot, personally I thought they were all hags, even the one Sir Beckham married.

Says fripence:

Jj

If Beckham ever gets a knighthood we?d address him as ?Sir David?, small point but important to those who are lucky enough to acquire the title.

Sorry, I forgot about the British and their penchant for proper titles! We Americans never became that formal.

I bet you if "Mr. Beckham" didn't lose his temper in the 1998 World Cup and England had won the tournament with a last minute goal with his signature "bend it" kick, there might have been a serious national movement to have the Queen Knight him as "Sir David"! :neener:

Can you elaborate on this?

---------------------------

Didn't we in the last 7 pages that cover this thread?

incidentally, I may also be in awe of a stunningly beautiful women, but she may still not be my type, so that i may prefer the cutesy mischievous 5ft1 (add brownie to that) walking behind her.

pattaya,

Perhaps he is asking why or what makes a BG find a young handsome farang (by Western farang standards) unattractive?

On the flip side, what makes them find older, more aged, and thereby often less physically perfected men attractive? That is, beyond the money and security --- I think we've addressed that many times over already.

Personality wise, it varies by person. I don't think you can say older guys are usually more patient and wise, and thus possibly more attractive. Well, at least not in LOS....that's for sure :p

ABC

Farang style common sense tells you that if a girl is calling more than one of her customers a 'boyfriend', than she is obviously full of shit.

Than along comes another P127 style insight into the BG psyche:

when i hear the girls refer to some guy(s) they know, they never say client or customer, but often use the word boy friend, even if there are more than one. Kind of a twisted truth, but most telling of their mind frame as I just think in the back of most of these girls, there is still the search for a providing man more than a customer. IMO.

So what seems like a lie to us might be a demoralized BGs prayer.

what makes a BG find a young handsome farang unattractive?

--------------------------------

Nobody so far said anything like that, just that looks are not as important as some may think. incidentally, i see a lot of white guy/asian gal couples here in SF, and i must say my own opinions are confirmed outside of LOS, as indeed the guys are often and definitely not the K. Reeve type. But I tend to think they are the ones who could sustain a long non-sexual courtship. i often hear asian girls say: "first i was not interested, and i did not find him handsome, but he never gave up and now we are very happy". Blahblah.....

So what seems like a lie to us might be a demoralized BGs prayer.

----------------------------

most likely not. hard for me to see the word "moral" affixed anywhere near a BG type. Not that they are immoral, but neither moral too. That they are full of shit, i can't argue with that either.

Archived