Pattaya "suicides"

whosyourdaddy

>>>doesnt make it okay for people to die under mysterious conditions. <<<

i wonder what you guys expect????

it has nothing whatsoever to do with 'okay' but with accepting reality.

going to pattaya is not going to disneyland. this place is located in a developing nation, is full of prostitutes and varied vested interests of competing organised crime of many different countries.

in such an environment police corruption is naturally endemic and people will die mysterious deaths. and others will pop themselves.

>>>Afterall, it could turn out to be anyone of us ending up in a box.<<<

if you expect the upholding of security and laws (which can't even be granted in similar areas in the west) than i think you should not involve yourself in such an environment.

and, a bit of common sense does go far even there. but, as it goes with pattaya, way too many people appear to leave that at home.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but not that many suicides!

---------------------

Agreeing with FlyW that most are really suicides, it shows that the destination, not the people/thais, screws up a guy's head. And that of course, they came already with some problems and the mix of illusion and unpreparedness (either financially or emotionally) lighted up the fuse. usually, a lot of these guys are loners, and it would help if a friend was around. So, it's not so much that the country is unsafe.

I know that Thailand is a developing country and there are risks. My point is not that it can be dangerous in Asia but the real worrying concept to me is that everything is hushed up.

Imagine this sort of stuff happening in Austrilia. The whole world would be reading about it in the press.

While people will commit suicide I find it difficult to believe that people do this on such a scale in Thailand. Even if you consider the occasional guy will loose the plot here over a girl. It beggars belief that more than one or two a year would throw the towel in.

Having been at the end of being drugged on one occasion in a bar its my idea that this happens more often than we would imagine. Could it be possible that people are drugged and given a bit too much?

:rolleyes:

I dunno, it seems they drug you so they do not have to throw you overboard. After all, you lived to tell the story.

basically, what we are saying is that if you go to visit Thailand, you will find the place extremely safe, one of the safest in the world. Then, some guys loose it (how many in 10 million arrivals) get mixed up with booze, girls and drugs, in a 3rd world environment of mafia/police related crimes.... Sorry, for me, that's what gives them trouble, not visiting Thailand. they'd have the same troubles if they so indulged in Paris's Pigalle or SF's tenderloin....

Sure, he lived, but the next guy might not. Are you saying a guy who goes sanuking get's what's coming to him? Sounds like alot of the western females in my office after our coworker died.

Roppongi - Pattayamail doesn't report all. They refused to print the story about my coworker and one of their reporters suggested I "not make waves".

Smitty

I find it difficult to believe that people do this on such a scale in Thailand.

------------------------------------------

Such a scale? there are at least 2 million guys coming to sanook every year in LOS, more than a few of them go to Pattaya.

Not every guy is together with himself, coming here and the ingredients found can be explosive for some.

That one every week in Pattaya loses the plot makes 52, even 2 every week let's say, of course deplorable, but not such a high number in comparison of arrivals in the resort.

Are you saying a guy who goes sanuking get's what's coming to him?

--------------------------------

I stop you there! I mentionned guys losing it, not sanookers. And of course, nowhere did i say it was well deserved that they died. I actually said it was regrettable that they may not have a good friend, a few buddies to reach to, when spiraling downward.

P127,

I dont understand your position.........

Pattaya just seems to attract (also) the lowest of scum from the west as well as a huge amount of losers, and usually losers are loners on a road to nowhere.

Pattaya just seems to be the end of the road for many of them, BG's included.

Why embelish what is not ?

Cheers !

Not sure what you mean. maybe joking, though yes, it has its fair share of jerks who know NEP, pong and SC are way too refined for them :p.

As far as I am concerned, the difference with these places is that Pattaya is a city too (yes, yes, it is!)

And as far as Bgs, it is actually the beginning of the road for many of them.

Archived