Pattaya "suicides"

whosyourdaddy

"Sure I had them, usually with BG's"

Good for you, but to say that Pattaya is any more dangerous or sleazier than Bangkok is too far from reality.

The Iraqi Minister for Information is not held up in Belgium, na? :: ::

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Sorry guys, but I am with BB on this one.

In numbers maybe there are more lowlifes in BKK (although I even doubt that), but percentage wise it is pretty much a given that there are more in PTY.

How many embassies / large multinationals are there in PTY?

Sanuk!

Says Roppongi:

Good for you, but to say that Pattaya is any more dangerous or sleazier than Bangkok is too far from reality.

The Iraqi Minister for Information is not held up in Belgium, na? :: ::

Hahahaha, no not at all, but I fear you just had dinner with him :) :)

Just read my earlier postings, I never said what you claim :)

Cheers !

"Hahahaha, no not at all, but I fear you just had dinner with him."

Well shit BB, he must have lost about 60 kilos, had a cut and tuck, surgical implants (cheap ones at that too -- A-cup), and is held up in Guam and has mastered Japanese! ;):D

Anyhow, back to the subject.

What about the scores of retirees, many from large multinational firms, who call Pattaya/Jomtien home and live in high-rise condominiums or expat compounds, play golf three times a week, go fishing, travel the countryside, have Thai wives/GFs and live perfectly normal lives.

Are they all on suicide missions?

Roppongi,

No, I never claimed that either........

But the fact is that most of the low-budget travellers in LOS do end up in Pattaya, right ?

Sure that BKK has its portion, hell even CM has a fair share last time I looked.

Major difference is still financial AND a beach, but doubt many come for the beach at all :)

Cheers !

Sorry guys, but I am with BB on this one.

----------------------------------

the reason why i reacted to BB, though he is far to be wrong (Pattaya has most likely the largest pop. of expat deadbeats, and slimy characters) is that it seemed, the way his post was written, to disqualify Pattaya as a place where you can stay or visit, unless you pinch and hold your nose up. That too is far to be... right.

People can come to BKK for different reasons- work , business, shopping, a jumping off point for trekking, culture tours, Spas etc.

People go to pattaya for one reason, to screw young women and men.. It is not for the beaches or culture or temples and 1000% not for the shopping.

Oh dear... if that means that the elderly Ukrainian couple that rusty and I shared a bottle of absolute vodka with on new years eve and the young 30ish German couple with their 2 young children with their hair in beads were there to shag prostitutes i must have really missed something. :: Although i was there definately to shag prostitutes, i suspect rusty was only interested in the cuisine...or so he said ::

Hi,

Obviously there are people who go there without being aware what the city really is infamous for (plenty of travel agencies in the West who do not mention the nightlife when booking families to PTY), but it also obvious that the percentage of people going to PTY to get laid is *way* higher than the one for BKK.

Sanuk!

Says BB

But the fact is that most of the low-budget travellers in LOS do end up in Pattaya, right ?

Ever heard of Kao Sarn Road? Think you just may find more low-budget travellers there than in Pattaya.

Says WYD

People can come to BKK for different reasons- work , business, shopping

Totally agreed.

People go to pattaya for one reason, to screw young women and men.. It is not for the beaches or culture or temples and 1000% not for the shopping.

So the hundreds of beach chairs along Jomtien, Ko Larn etc, are an illusion?

And all the shops survive on government grants?

Like anywhere else on the planet Pattaya's what you want to make it.

A city to screw yourself silly and hang out with scum, a party town for the boys with the GFE, sports gateway to the region, or a place thousands of retirees call home.

Up to you.

Archived