Pattaya "suicides"

whosyourdaddy

Hi,

What would happen if the entire farang sexscene disappeared from Bangkok? Businesses on lower Sukhumvit would take quite a hit, and ... nothing else would change.

Do the same in Pattaya and what happens? Halve the businesses go belly up.

The entire town lives directly, or indirectly, off the sex trade. (I know, exageration, but it is a huge chunck whereas in BKK it is fairly insignificant)

Sanuk!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but it also obvious that the percentage of people going to PTY to get laid is *way* higher than the one for BKK.

--------------------------------

not more than guys who got SUK and adjacent sois! Pattaya is now more than 2 main roads by the beach. I mentionned that earlier this year, tons of thai commuters come to or leave from the city to go to work or school. Pattaya and around has the same infrastructure as any other big metropolis in LOS. If we stick to talking about P4P, then it should be compared to P4P places in Suk.

Workwise, i agree BKK is better for expats, but as far as tourism, away from the same P4P, most tourists elect to stay in BKK as little as possible. Then they go to Pattaya, or Koh S, or Ph, or CM, all of the above and keep just about one day for shopping in stifling BKK..... IME.

I repeat myself, but I still thing the GF experience is what many guys get in Pattaya, or come to experience with their BKK BG. Nothing sleazy or repulsive about this.

I like BKK (Of course! it's in Thailand), so I understand you also like it, and for more lasting reasons than me, but why bring down Pattaya in the process for so many BKK lovers?

Hi,

"not more than guys who got SUK and adjacent sois!"

Agreed, but we were talking about the cities as a whole I understood. And in that respect my comment stands, regardless of how Pattaya has evolved.

"but why bring down Pattaya in the process for so many BKK lovers?"

To counter those who do the same for BKK? :)

Seriously, I have no problem with Pattaya, but could never live there. And regardless of what you and I think, many people in Thailand (both Thai and Farang) will always associated Pattaya with sleazy nightlife and prostitutes.

(Yes, I am aware that those outside of Thailand do the same with BKK and that is mainly because that is the only place they know of in Thailand)

Sanuk!

And regardless of what you and I think, many people in Thailand (both Thai and Farang) will always associated Pattaya with sleazy nightlife and prostitutes.

------------------------

I just had a feeling that BB compared NEP punters and Pattaya punters. An exercice in futility, IMO, but yes, Pattaya cannot match BKK, it is one of the great capitals in the world.

PS: that's why the forum is great. We can go beyond these images, and not just about P4P or Pattaya or BKK, but the whole country, as well as its people and visitors.

The entire town lives directly, or indirectly, off the sex trade.

------------------------------

Just missed that post earlier. I insist that Pattaya has become much more of a thai city, on account of the whole industrial network along the Eastern Seabord. It's been said that the city (add Naklua, banglamung and Laem Chabang as its "suburbs") may become in a few years the second most populated area in LOS.

Says racha:

Other way around they where the ones sharing a drink with a couple of old perverts...
:beer:

funnilly enough when i went home for lunch today and was having a game of bump and grind with the BG in my kitchen, I thought to myself " Hang on a tick...i think i may have turned into an old pervy while I wasn't watching " But then i realised that that can't be the case. I am only 35.

Roppongi :Ever heard of Kao Sarn Road? Think you just may find more low-budget travellers there than in Pattaya.

-> a totally different public goes there, only backpackers ! how many of those in PTA ???

P127 : I just had a feeling that BB compared NEP punters and Pattaya punters. An exercice in futility, IMO, but yes, Pattaya cannot match BKK, it is one of the great capitals in the world.

-> nope, I compared BKK to PTA, and in doing so I compared who is going where.......

Cheers !

Hi!

I'm writing this in the internet cafe in Royal Garden. There are two families here with small children. I wonder what kind of sex they came here for. :neener:

Btw I don't come here to shag whores anymore since I have a steady gf. Of course that is what I came for originally just like a majority of the sexpats on the various whoremonger boards.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived