Pattaya "suicides"

whosyourdaddy

Your reasoning is very rational, but not all people are that rational. This is from Phuket Gazette last year:

"PATONG: A 20-year-old tourist from the Netherlands, was so distressed when his Thai girlfriend dumped him that he wanted to leap 20 stories to his death.

Pol Maj of Kathu Police Station, told the Gazette that at about 11 am on Friday he received a call telling him that a man was standing on the edge of a balcony at the Andaman Beach Condominium on Rat-U-Tit 200 Pi Rd.

Officers arrived at the apartment block to find XXX drunk, and teetering on the edge of the 20th-floor balcony.

Maj said, ?He was drunk and kept rambling about how he and his Thai girlfriend had fallen in love and had stayed together for almost three months. But now that he had run out of money, the girl was seeing another man.?

Officers tried to approach Mr XXX, but were forced to draw back when he threatened to jump.

A chauffeur for condominium guests, volunteered to speak to Mr XXX while the police rescue team took the precaution of preparing an air bag for him to land on.

K. R distracted the young Dutchman by talking with him until officers were able to move close enough to grab him and pull him into the building.

Mr XXX told K. R that he had left his room at Ton Sai Village in Soi Nanai and had been looking for his girlfriend all morning. He couldn?t find her, so he became depressed and started drinking."

And note that this was in Phuket, home of the sane and rational people. Can't imagine what can take place in Pattaya.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Then please explain to me why people can post that tourists in Pattaya are scum while a post to the effect that there is even more scum in BKK is deleted."

Because the original was as a general statement while your post was targetting a specific poster.

You really seem to have a huge chip on your shoulder, don't you? Why do you hate expats so much? Envy?

Anyway, I suggest you either give it a rest. Or if you cannot deal with the, percieved, bias here, feel free to leave.

Sanuk!

Given this is a problem why doesnt Stickman write an article on it for his weekly column. If it is cause for concern surely that would be the best forum to let tourists know what happens..

Hi!

I targeted a group af people not an individual.

I have no problems with expats in common.

If you plan to be at Gullivers on Friday perhaps we can talk over a beer as I had to change my plans. That is if I can get away from my GF.

regards

ALHOLK

Well I understand why you might not want to stick your neck out given how dodgy it can be in Thailand. However, surely it should deserve a mention.

Maybe if there was more awareness about this situation it would not happen so much.. Of course it wouldnt do much for tourist numbers but if enough people got on the case then the chance of these things happening would reduce. I get the feeling at the moment that anything like this is just swept under the carpet and given that no one else rocks the boat there may be a lot more unfortunate people in the future..

:shhh:

Archived