Pattaya "suicides"

whosyourdaddy

Hi!

Pattaya just seems to attract (also) the lowest of scum from the west as well as a huge amount of losers, and usually losers are loners on a road to nowhere.

True indeed but small numbers compared to the incredible dreggs that that flood into BKK every year and never make it any further. I'm sure glad I can leave the place tomorrow.

Btw, you must have spent a very long time in Pattaya as you have such great knowlwdge of the place. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says pattaya127:

Not sure what you mean. maybe joking, though yes, it has its fair share of jerks who know NEP, pong and SC are way too refined for them
:p

As far as I am concerned, the difference with these places is that Pattaya is a city too (yes, yes, it is!)

And as far as Bgs, it is actually the beginning of the road for many of them.

P127,

Nope, not really joking, I stand by my comments.

Tit for tat, you will find a larger amount of losers in PTA than in BKK for obvious financial reasons, thats all.

Cheers !

Guess I read into your post. My apologies. :bow: I agree with you it's a safe place, but anyone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm paranoid anyway, and when the guy in my office died it really sunk home how you gotta watch yourself as a foreigner in the Kingdom.

Smitty

Tit for tat

----------------------

the Great Pattaya vs BKK is on again.

I am not sure about losers (try NEP/soi4 bars at 10am and count the guys sitting alone, with a beer in their hand, that comes pretty close to my definition of a loser, even if moneyed).

I would rather agree with FlyW that the whole nightlife scene, anywhere, attracts losers.

I am sure you do not go often to Pattaya, and if so, stick to the beach Rd and 2nd Rd area for a week-end on the beach, and are not used to meet friends or guys from the board there.

Everyone I met there happened to be a decent guy, and most always prefer Pattaya, because it's more like vacation to be near a beach, while still having some company, as many also prefer Pattaya because they do not BFine at nauseam but have a little rented wife/GF for many days, and days around Pattaya are a lot more relaxed than in the BKK gridlock and pollution.

Altogether, expat losers are easy to avoid in Pattaya, the city is big enough, plenty of attraction outside the town, still within 30 minutes baht bus from your hotel room and the girls are far from being at the end of the road unlike what you say (gee! Look at the freelancers along Suk....).

I do like BKK, but certainly not for NEP or SC.

Two quick items:

I was drugged the very first time I was in Pattaya (I think in a bar on Soi Pattayaland 2 but not certain as we were bar hopping a bit). It was not that I "had a few too many", as I drank more than this on many other nights and have never "passed out". I was very lucky to have a great guy with me that I had only known for a few days take it on himself to bribe a cop to bring a baht bus down onto walking street, get me to my hotel, and get the security guard too carry me back to my room. The security guard later relieved me of the 1,300 I had in my pocket but small price to pay. I am a guy in his mid 30s that weighed about 240 at the time that has a high tolerance for alcohol and was told after nasal surgery last year that I have an unusually high tolerance for sedatives. I don't even want to consider how much rhohypnol or some other sedative was given to me. Pretty dangerous when alcohol is involved and maybe more so if the guy is older. I think in the western world an autopsy inclusive of a drug screen would be performed if any doubt of foul play, does anyone know if this is done on as high a frequency in Thailand?

I am a golfer and have found that there is a very nice group of expats (married and single alike) living or vacationing in the Pattaya area that seem very successful/well off and who I would definitely not characterize as "losers". Then again I was there one year at Songkran; Beach Road in front of the RGP looked like the world-wide convention for losers. Point being, I think you can find them anywhere, especially in spots with a big nightlife aspect (anyone been to New Orleans or Vegas?).

Well, after reading all of the posts, I gotta say from my stay in Pattaya, you just gotta keep your head low and fly under radar. Maybe only keeping girls short-time is really the safest way to go. One day I when I was walking down soi 2, I saw a whole pig being roasted and I realized that could be me if I don't behave around this place! ::

As the gangster rappers here in the good 'ol USA say, "don't get caught slipping on the wrong side of town without your Glock".....since you don't have a Glock in LOS, JUST DON'T GET CAUGHT SLIPPING!!!! :doah:

Rug

Quote:

"Pattaya just seems to attract (also) the lowest of scum from the west as well as a huge amount of losers, and usually losers are loners on a road to nowhere."

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a hard statement if it refers to the permanent population. Pattaya is cheaper than Bangkok, I agree, it will attract people coming towards the end of their stay who are facing the realisation that the dream is ending.

It has louts who binge drink on their beach holidays (spoken as a UK based, Arsenal supporting lager drinker) just like most other beach resorts.

I haven?t visited yet and quite fancy a trip please don?t put me off!

Tit for tat, you will find a larger amount of losers in PTA than in BKK for obvious financial reasons, thats all.

Depends on whom/where you hang out BB.

Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas!

You don't have one postive Pattaya experience BB?

Hi!

Let me give you an example. In Pattaya I have never been approched by anyone offering sex with minors. During my my last 10 days in BKK I have been offered this three time while walking on a side soi to Sukhumvit looking for something.

Sure Pattaya has it's share of scum. But BKK is many times larger and has much more of the lowest dreggs. As most people know large city attract lowlifes lile a magnet.

I'll go out woth football hooligans in party mode anytime before I consort with sexpat dreggs in BKK.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived