The predator punter that speaks Thai!

JJsushi

jjsushi,

I understand the thinking re respect but I think there are a few minor flaws in your thinking.

Its amusing how someone can get so pissed off about someone else stealing their prostitutes. Its no wonder why many Thais dont hold falangs in very high regard.

I do think there is something in what you say about not trying to sneak off with others women. But your argument reminds me of one of my friends. Let me elaborate, my friend and I are habitual womanisers and are not backward in comming forward. However, he has a different approach than I and is much more an in your face type of geeza. Where as I am much more modest. We both do well but he always gets pissed off if he thinks I am talking to HIS women. It sometimes gets so bad that he feels like he has to compete with me, while I dont think about it like that at all.

So, in effect if he starts talking to a woman then, 'apparently', I am not allowed to talk to her, he has dibs. Upon discussing this with him some more it got a bit silly and digraded into a 'I saw her first', sort of thing. I am quite laid back and really couldnt understand why he felt like this. To cut a long story short, he felt threathened by my superior pulling power :hubba: maybe he has issues, I dunno.

So in summary, dont be a player hater.. :nono:

lol

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p127,

If you look at general written statements like a bell shape curve, then we agree.

When I say guys, it is implied that there are extreme ends to every issue or topic where one does get behavioral difference not in accordance with the vast majority (as in this case most guys so recognize there is a difference between a thai prostitute and a thai regular girl and they will adjust accordingly their behavior. Sure there are outliers at both ends....

I bet myself, you and OH distanctly and maybe even JJsushi alter our behavior/discussion/attitiude/approach when we are in the company of these two distnctly different creatures. And I am not talking about respect vs disrespect, courtesies vs rudeness, etc., for those guys who say they treat all thai women alike. I expect the vast majority of ex-pat males who are exposed to both groups treat thai women with the same dignity and respect they should receive. That is probabbly why both groups seem to latch on to us because of our equal treatment towards them...

Cardinalblue

JJ,

After reading your post I guess I'd better watch myself when I go to BKK in the future.

I often go to BKK for a day or two on my own. I tend to go for a few beers in NP or somewhere on Suk. Rd...

Usually I feel like having a few beers after 2am as I'm not used to early closing times where I live.

After NP I'll go to a venue that's usually got a mixture of Sanuk chasers, BGs, FLs and regular Thai girls.

I'll be there on my own... and I always end up chatting with someone. Sometimes I end up drinking with a Farang bloke but often I'll end up drinking with some Thai girls.

I'm not interested in the Sanuk scene but I do like to chat to the girls. I speak reasonably good Thai, enough to hold a pretty decent conversation and enough to seem fluent to someone who doesn't speak much Thai.

Usually the chicks will make contact.. maybe smile or say hello and I'll stop and talk. Close to the beginning of the conversation the girls usually ask if I have a Thai GF or not and I'll tell them that I do. When BGs realise you can speak Thai and that you're not necessarily trying to score them they often open up and chat about themselves, their work, their families and so on.

To a guy who doesn't understand what's being said it might seem like I'm hitting on the girl but it's usually just a friendly chat.

I'd hate to bump into a girl you or someone with a similar out-look to you had barfined.

Maybe you do have a point about guys who deliberately go out looking for girls who have obviously been barfined by someone else... but that sounds like strange and uncommon behaviour to me.

Do you think it's necessary for me to establish that the girl hasn't been barfined by anyone before speaking to her? If so, how do I do that? Do I ask her... even if I'm not sure she's a BG? Do I ask any blokes who are chatting to her friends if they have barfined her?

I think that I would come across as being a bit strange if I did investigate the situation like that first.

:dunno:

You can simply ask her who she is at the venue with. I think that would prevent any problems and unnecessary assumptions.

I always ask a girl in a nightspot no matter where I am in the world who she is there with, so I can quickly assess the situation. I once did not do that and wound up flirting with a chick that came to the party with a friend of mine.

Says think_too_mut:

>Now, I am rambling but I hope you get my gist- I like hanging out with prostitutes.

All you said - well said. You were clever enough to keep all the good things from all the worlds in Thai.

Fuckin me - anchored with one ex-bg. Not too bad but sometimes makes me think - "I hate this office work".

Carry on, a mistake or a regret is not on your path.

I manage the different worlds pretty well but to be honest it can be very tiring and frustrating at times. The problem is that you start to lie ALOT and you have to remember all of those damn lies because the Thais sure will. They have data retrieval capabilities like a friggin hard drive. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but it ain't always peaches and cream.

I guess would ask the girl who she's there with if I was trying to pick her up.... but it honestly doesn't cross my mind to do so if I'm not trying to pick her up and she doesn't appear to be with any other bloke.

I guess I should try to be more aware of punters who might get upset with me... but again, if the girl is alone... well... I dunno :dunno:

"Amazing how many guys don't have a problem being disrepected in public by other men and rationalize it as okay."

Big difference trying to approach a girl who is in a group with one guy than trying to approach a girl who is solo with a guy. I call it fishing rather than disrespectful. Additionally, never said it was okay, just rude. Rude people are all over.

As for violent words being used by JJ, I think it would be better to nip the aggression in the bud and get his anger out at the time rather than bottle it up and let it out here. Doesn't do JJ any good does it to keep it? Does it really do any good letting it out here? Like the rude guy is really going to read it and change his behaviour? He should really make his feelings known at the time and release it.

As for, "first ones jumping up and down if some other punter horned in on your time with a BG for whom you'd just splurged 100 baht for a lady drink". Venue? Circumstance? This situation is we are talking about being in a very social setting of a disco or upscale bar. Do you naturally assumed these girls are all hookers and barfined? Do you assume these girls are out having fun with her friends? When you see the ratio and that it is not obviously a paired up situation, I don't think it's so DISRESPECTFUL to start a conversation with one of these girls. I understand JJ's point about being up front about it and not "sly", but to spout violence this that and the other seems quite a bit overboard to me. If it's not, then he should just go violent on these people as it seems acceptable to him.

<<burp>>

Its amusing how someone can get so pissed off about someone else stealing their prostitutes. Its no wonder why many Thais dont hold falangs in very high regard.

Is that so, Mr. Chico?

Are you saying there's no danger in approaching girls who're BFed or accompanied by Thais as every single one of them WILL allow 'predators' to hunt their girls? Be careful, man.

So, in effect if he starts talking to a woman then, 'apparently', I am not allowed to talk to her, he has dibs. Upon discussing this with him some more it got a bit silly and digraded into a 'I saw her first', sort of thing. I am quite laid back and really couldnt understand why he felt like this. To cut a long story short, he felt threathened by my superior pulling power :hubba: maybe he has issues, I dunno

He rather felt annoyed by your presence when talking to a girl. Why don't you show a bit of respect and go for a 'new' girl as you're so convinced of your superior pulling power?

pretty much directed to everybody:

Last night at a freelancer joint in Udon Thani, I walked in and saw a girl who I was with 2 nights ago. She was standing by a guy and I saw them ocassionally talking. The guy saw me checking her out and after about 20 minutes, he walked directly over to me and said something. It was really loud in there and my hearing sucks, so couldn't make out what he was saying. So I told him I was with her 2 nights ago and she was very good in bed. I said to him have a good time with her, there are many other prospects anyways. I ended up with another girl, and everyone was happy. I am sure I will run into her again also, so Mai Pen Rai.

ZMAN

As for violent words being used by JJ, I think it would be better to nip the aggression in the bud and get his anger out at the time rather than bottle it up and let it out here. Doesn't do JJ any good does it to keep it? Does it really do any good letting it out here? Like the rude guy is really going to read it and change his behaviour? He should really make his feelings known at the time and release it

Now there you go twisting my vent about a disrespectful punter into JJsushi's reign of violence!

Boy you sure are a stickler for the use of what you deem to be my angry violent words. Didn't realize you were such a pacifist. I never did understand my Catholic school teachings of turn the other cheek, heck the nuns were the ones that slapped my hand with a ruler! Maybe you don't understand Gummi but life is violent, Bangkok is violent, the nightlife is violent and human beings in general are violent. You am I a sure have certain "hot buttons that will piss you off to the point of volent actions or thoughts. Can you honestly say you never committed a violent thought or action? Can you honestly say you never will? I doubt if you can. So please stop your preaching about my "violence". You remind me of my 6th grade teacher lecturing me about the merits of just walking away from a fight. Easy to say when he never got cold cocked in the nose by the bully in the 7th grade.

BTW- your prattle about violence is totally irrelevant. I never once engaged in a fight with another punter. I believe if you actually read my original post I grabbed him, gave him back his number and told him to wait his turn. So keep ypur advice about "doing something about it" because "I DID" do something about it and depending on circumstances if a similar situation arises I will surely "do something about it again" if I am capable.

I also did not advocate to other posters to engage in violent acts, I suggested that they simply set the disrespectful guy straight and don't let them get away with such nonsense.

Archived