How do I tell my family........

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marrying a pro? Complete maddness! There are plenty of nice girls around so for why on earth would you do something so crazy. Haven't you heard of the horror stories? Check out a good thread on ajarn.com concerning this subject or just chat to Mr.Stick.

Of course some bar girls are nice people just trying to make the best of the cards they have been dealt in life, but marrying them is a big, big mistake. So if you do tie the knot and later get ripped off, don't come on the board slagging ALL Thai women down for your own stupidity.

(Sorry KS if this is a bit harsh but these kinds of posts really piss me off)

but marrying them is a big, big mistake.

--------------------

the flawed element in your statement is that you guys only covere the ground still very close to the nightlife scene, geographically, so you get to hear about all the mishaps from badly funded RTs. which no one denies. Still you guys would have a lot more ground to cover to make it a scientific truth, in the marriages that went very well , either relocated in the provinces or suburbs of BKK, and even more, in many countries around the world. There are many succes stories, but for that one has to see the woman as other than a "pro".

I agree that if that is all they represent to you, their paid services are about the limit you can get with them, Already something........ ::

I also find WYD comments a bit over the top.

Why would someone marry a "pro"? Because if you use your head, there are a number of really nice women out there. While % it's probably much harder to find a "good" partner it's been done and generally they don't last that long in the business.

As for why one would marry a girl who speaks like the one AP cited... What does having empathy for someone in that life have to do with marriage qualities? I'd hope that if I do manage to get married, that woman would have empathy for others as well.

<<burp>>

"I have lived in USA and Europe for over 30 years and do have an accent and am quite proud of it. Many of us who have accents are quite successful in our careers which not all born English speakers can compete with us."

It's not really the acent thing...gotta be I imagine the kindda girl talking...matter of taste

Now talking about thais beeing succesful overseas, why is that I seem to meet many asian succesfull business people in Europe but hardly a single thai ::

Paris is amazing, I deal there with cambodian chinese, chinese,indians, jewish, armenians who go regulary to Thailand to buy stuff and make money out of it selling it back in the West but how many thais I've met in this trade, while they're controlling a lot of the manufacturing back home??

None :(

This reminds me of my first night ever in Thailand. I'd just flow in to Phuket, got picked up by my mate. Dropped off my bags then straight into patong. First thing I can remeber is 'Uncle Charlie's for Boys'. Anyway, we went down Soi Sea Dragon, then to some Katoey Bar. I didn't realise until my mate turned round and said 'You see all these women ... well they're actually all men ...'. Then he disappeared for the next half hour. When he came back he told me he'd been getting a BJ in the bathroom with one of the Katoeys. Anyway, we went back round to Soi Sea Dargon and hooked up with two dancers and went bac to theri room. We had a smoke then I shagged on on the bed and my mate got another BJ in the toilet. Then we went over to his Mums (who was also working in Phuket). We went to sleep got up in the morning and he told her everything ....

I was so shocked ! The first night in Thailand was nothing compared to watching my mate telling his mum about getting a BJ from a katoey in the toilets of some Patong beer bar soi.

His mum's response ? 'Ooohh you silly buggers' and 'I hope you wore your wellingtons'.

AmorresPerros said:

... I imagine ...

Key words.

Just for the record: Between my GF and I, we have a choice of 5 languages with which to converse. She is better in 3 of them, I am better in the other 2, English being the best common ground.

BTW, I really enjoyed the film from which your boardname is derived. I saw "Amores Perros" in the same theater where I had just seen the cloyingly oversweet "Like Water for Chocolate". I considered "Amores Perros" to be the celluloid antidote to that inane drivel.

Archived