How do I tell my family........

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<But laying on your back and screwing, eating and sleeping all day is not. What is hard about it? I dont call it work. I call it saturday>>

I had to quote again just to reiterate this.

<<May be boring but it keeps me out of trouble>>

What sort of trouble may I ask??....Now just because your not on a 5 year holiday shouldn't justify not having a little more imagination for things to do on days off. You can still enjoy family life doing more interesting things than sleeping, laying on your back screwing and eating???

Hi,

"Agree????"

No :)

"No the choose it beacuse they want to make an easy money with doing the most minimal amount of work."

While some may chose it for this reason, for many it is also one of the very few options they have to provide a decent life for themselves and their family.

Regardless of why they chose this, I cannot agree that it is an easy job. Nor that it is easier than working in a factory.

I doubt we will ever see eye to eye on this though.

Sanuk!

you can feel loved by some girl

------------------------------

Uh... WYD, Daddydog is a woman, but then i do not know her sexual preferences, so you may still be right ::.

About your post, I have no idea how genuinely compassionate one can be, when on one hand, one is doing volunteer work, and on the other say general things about an entire population like this:

---------------------------------

....I have studyied thai for hundreds of hours, understand most things on tv ( not all the details) and I have not heard more than the standard lines of "how are you" come out of their mouths.....

----------------------------------

Maybe you should study thais less, and make an effort to meet those who can say more than "how are you?". sometimes, what one can learn from others is not spoken, but you have to be less clinical and righteous about it. IMO

About the BGs, Your knowledge of them seems very limited, though i remember you can sit down and appreciate their bodies. There is a whole gamut of situations out there: some do hard work on the side, sometimes back home at harvest time, some go to the nightlife then back to their 5000 bahts work. Are they forever flawed in your eyes?

The thing is, Bgs are Bgs, because they cannot go to school in the first place, not since they were 14 or 15. And sure, some have learnt the ropes and like it as it is, but still, it does not matter really, how BG-ish they are, a few moments in the nightlife, should have you feel sorry, not for this or that one, but for a state of things, where it is so easy to sell one's body. You choose to attack the very people who are victims (no matter how dishonest they wil become) for just having a pussy between their legs (or assure me that every BG, knew she was going to be one, a few months before she entered the nighlitfe).

i am just surprised that someone so long in thai society, happens to have such a myopic view of the forces at work behind the sex industry.

If you are truly the compassionate man your charitable activities lead us to think you are, then do not cast the stone to another human being, unless you have walked in her shoes.

Also, I find patronizing to talk about hard workers for 4000 bahts a month as again you will never walk in these shoes. What makes you think they are content with their situation? Can't you see it's the same wholesale exploitation as BGs, except Bgs may take back a bit more for their pain. can also loose more.

It may seem so, boozing and gawking from a gogo seat , and truly, the girls seem to put a good face to it, "mai pen rai", but Thailand does not make it a piece of cake to live and work for most thais.

Guest lazyphil

<<Also, I find patronizing to talk about hard workers for 4000 bahts a month as again you will never walk in these shoes. What makes you think they are content with their situation? Can't you see it's the same wholesale exploitation as BGs, except Bgs may take back a bit more for their pain. can also loose more>>

An ex bg close to me (aha, my mrs) worked at Toshiba for years, doing the long shifts for small money with few rights we enjoy in the 'western' working environment. Switching to bar work is something she didn't do lightly. Yes she could have remained a loyal worker for the company and keep good favor and be patted on the head and applauded for being proper. But LOS isn't such a great country is it really-- its piss poor and people live in slums and get into big difficulties. You cant come to LOS trying to rationalize people just because you happen to have learnt to speak Thai or have studied the finer points of Buddhism etc, you cant because we can exit the country, even some of the most ardent LOS livers/lovers wont relinquish their passports to become a Thai national because you gain nothing by doing this really.....I'm rambling. bg option isn't easy or safe...I mean if you ever had to go to a strangers room and out popped half a dozen guys who proceed to rape you and infect you I know if I were walking a financial tight rope I would prefer the factory option but thankfully I will never need to make this choice. Well I thank my mrs for being a maiden in shining armour for rescuing me from myself :D.....as for bg's giving LOS a bad name overseas I think most intelligent people will figure the real issues and find fault with the poor healthcare, violent and corrupt police force the feeble education system etc etc...besides I think its a vanity issue with some on this particular issue anyway....

Well I thank my mrs for being a maiden in shining armour for rescuing me from myself

------------------------

yep, and you're damn lucky i did not get there first ::. The beautiful daughter :angel: that came from that love redeems from all the sadness one can see over there. Couldn't be a better thumb in the nose to the miserables who think Bgs are just sex fodder. :beer:

wyd,

Says whosyourdaddy:

---

... You may call it arrogance. I just call it a difference of opinion. If people agree with it they would not consider it arrogent, now would they. ??? ....

Yes, they would nevertheless consider it arrogant.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And how you say it can turn those who agree with you away from supporting you.

Regards, JEff

wyd,

Says whosyourdaddy:

" Then those guys made a mistake, IMHO nobody should marry anybody, pros or not pros, unless he or she knows each other, that takes time, but can be acomplished."

I agree. There was a posting in another board. (thai -farang) which deals with thai farang married couples. In a quick survey most of the people there knew each other for a matter of weeks to months. Most not over one year.

Hmm.. to spend the rest of your life with someone you meet on a few trips to thailand is DESPERATE and doomed to failure.

And yet, most of the married couples on the Thai-Farang board, including those who knew each other for only a relatively short time, have been married for several years or more and continue to be happily married. Very few T-FB participants have had failed relationships.

I think that not all people marry quickly do so out of desperation, and not all who marry ex-bargirls are doomed to failure. Despite what the eminent authority Trink might write. Couples who are willing to put time and effort into their marriage succeed, without regard to the background of either and without regard to the length of their courtship. There's much more to it than that.

DISCLOSURE: I am a T-FB 'regular' whose marriage failed. Yet I was one of the few who lived in Thailand for 2 years and dated my ex-wife throughout that time before we made the decision to marry.

Regards, JEff

• 2 months later...
whosyourdaddy said:

Yes I do realize that since I married a Thai that people in the west will look down apon me. and yes I realize that good girls could be sluts ( Rather not get into specifics but I know the history of my wife 1000%)

I think it is because whoremongers marry thai BG that the Thais have a bad international reputation. So yes I do have to pay for the consequences of guys marrying BG but I knew that years ag and went into this relationship with open eyes.

So since KS said "play ball" I will get back to the orginal question. I do have a real problem with farang guys and BG. in years of living here I have seen some nasty relationships, so if you (general ) marry a BG and wonder what to tell your friends and family, expect arrogant/ingornant/ big headed/ or just realistic guys to say "What the hell are you thinking, bang your head againt the wall" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and yes part of my hard line on this is that people have ruined the thai women reputation in the past and it is difficult for visas etc because of the actions of BG and others in foreign countries. I think even the embassy of all goverment share my views and deny applications for BG that may pose a problem in their county

But there are troubles in every relationship. The high class would give you much more problems and I would say to bang your head against the wall even harder if you are in that situation. A few co workers have married the upper multimillionaire thai women and the problems they have with maintaining such a lifestyle and family commitments would drive me completely insane. Most of these guys would be spending their entire salary on thinks like oriental dinners and a 8000B new york steak house dinner for 2, plus the wife wanting the latest car and mobile. But they lead an excellent lifesytle but a bit too dear for me.

JJ- I do appreciate your logic. thanks

Surely it should be made more difficult to post more than 3 banging heads in a row? :dunno:

whosyourdaddy said:

I guess anyone can become habituated to anything, but why would you want to have that kind of baggage in your life. I have always wondered wha the guy who married a pro thinks when the wife says she has a head ache. "but hunny , you screwed half the world with a headache and never said no to a man with more than 1500B in his wallet. Why will you not be with me tonight??????

Hi whosyourdaddy,

This is garbage. Very few people, imho, deliberately set out to get involved with a BG. It happens and then you have to deal with it. Any body who thinks the way you describe has a relationship that is not going to last very long. The last thing I would want is that my TGF considers screwing me as "working" - so her activities with customers in the past has nothing to do with it.

I think in this thread you have come over as arrogant and have got it all wrong.

Khwai

Archived