I hate computer and internet games

BelgianBoy

I've been to a couple of major computer/sofware shows. I have also sat in a real Boeing simulator... and while they are light years apart at the moment, the speed with with the technology is evolving is blinding.

The work in bio electrical feedback and input is is increasing expotentially, a critical breakthough here and there will usher in another revolution in the man/machine interface.

If you even go back 60 years and see the overview of technology ... it is mind boggling. And as always it will be driven by the primal forces of man ......sex, power, and conflict.

My Boeing guy called his simulators his '15 million dollar video game'....when they are $1500 we all have them.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my experience in flight simulators of Boeing 737 and Airbus A320. I do agree. Right now the technology isn?t ready for trainings at home, but then again do we really need pilots in let?s say 25 years from now. I could imagine that all commercial aircrafts are flown by computers and perhaps, just perhaps there is one human being on board a future aircraft who looks after the well functioning of the electronic systems. Right now flight simulators are very expensive (several million $$$$) and an hour in a simulator can cost a company something between US$ 2.000 to $15.000, depending on the kind of simulator used.

Well there will probably always be a Pilot or an Engineer or Captain sitting in a seat somewhere, if for nothing else than to reassure the sheep that everything is OK. Even if no human could land the Concode, or Shuttle or Drive the Bullet, or........ people like to convince themselves that there is a nice well groomed man in control of their life or death transport. :neener::beer:

So who's going serve the drinks ? And fetch me an extra pillow ? :rolleyes:

Home Flight Simulators

Guys,

A quick reminder that this thread is about hate of computer games, not a discussion platform to discuss them !!!!!!!! :grinyes:

You all stand warned that here you can express your disgust on them, but no further enbellishment will be tolerated at all !!!

I'll be very quick on the red botton to close or even delete this thread should I see one more prose on the greatness of those f$%^&ng games. :)

Cheers !

As I've just remembered that BB is a mod, I've had to edit this post.

Computer games suck ass!

That new one called 'Halo' is awful and is not to be recommended. There is are also FIFA 2004 and then Half Life 2 which is thought to be the worst of the bunch.

Happy?

I can also tell you BB that my *complete and utter disgust* for computer games started in 1978 with Space Invaders. I was only seven years old of course but already at that time I knew it would be a life-long *sickening* feeling. Oh, the horror of looking thru these awful arcade games . :)

Not too mention PIN-BALL. Horrible!!! :)

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"As I've just remembered that BB is a mod, I've had to edit this post."

Don't worry, I outrank BB and can always overrule him
:grinyes:

Sanuk!

Euh..... how will ya do that big chief, if the whole thread is gone ? :neener:

Computergame haters of the world UNITE ! :beer:

Cheers !

Archived