visit of my son and friend pisses off my gf

thalenoi

[color:"red"] The girlfriend of a friend of mine has just finished her Master's Degree, and has already threatened to kill herself several times. I think at one point my friend had to kick in a door.

And all just to make him show how much he loves her and cares about her.

[/color]

This type of "attention needs" has nothing to do with education and class, nor nationality.

There was a woman, an Asian, not Thai who was married to an American who worked in the Persian gulf. She called everyone once a month that she was going to kill herself. At first, a few of us got concerned calling the police for help and so on. We even tried to get her to see a doctor. She would be fine for a while with all the care and attention, then she went off again and took pills mixed with alcohol. One night, I have got enough, when she called, I just said "If you want to die that bad, it is wrong of me to stop you" and hanged up. She is still alive making many kind people upset with her suicide attempts, one day she will succeed, I hope.

Many Asian/Thai women like to have drama in their lives, as far as I am concern, go for it, I will not get involved.

Another thing is, when a couple fight, one of then just leaves the house or one of them throws each other out, that is a "no no" to me. Hubby knows that if he ever sets his foot out while we have conflict, it will be the last day of our marriage. Acouple should sit down and talk if they value their relationship, IMO, of course.

Jasmine :devil:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing is, when a couple fight, one of then just leaves the house or one of them throws each other out, that is a "no no" to me.

Hmm, to leave the house for a while isn't as bad as throw out each other. And leaving can be a good method to cool down an overheated debate. And finally it depends on the reason why one leaves.

Knowing your "rule", was your husband never tempted to make you leave? ::

Best regards

I am surprised (well, not that much, i am a lot more cynical than i show it) to hear that your Gf would consider leaving you after you told us how in love she is with you, both emotionally and on and on, physically.

Reflecting on it, i think this where a real discussion could be informative about the great divide between farang and thai lovers. Even though your son may have been extremely unconsiderate, what can make this thai woman not accept from her BF (having a son a bit acting up) what i have seen them accepting more easily, in a thai home?

Should this point out that to be loving a farang will never equal loving a thai, or worse, that as long as things work out, it's OK, but problems are to be dealt with one's feet (walking out).

I'd be bothered by a great partner in a great RT (i think this is how you spoke of yours) plainly saying "thanks for the last 2 years, but no....".

::

and seem to believe that the way to react is to imitate the soap operas, i.e. throw a tantrum over even the slightest problem.

--------------------

Is there a chance that maybe the soaps show such behaviour because they imitate life, not the contrary?

But i have to agree with you, best not to take up the threat too frontly in most cases, as it blows over.

The difference in TN's case is it is a serious matter, and again, it seems like he indicates it's a surprising behaviour from his very enamoured 2 YO GF.

Whereas for me for ex. , after 2 years with the GF, no such threat would be the surprise ;)...

and has already threatened to kill herself several times.

-----------------------

if it was only that. i know a few stories of girls who did the stupid attempt after a totally neurotic crisis with BF. In one case, one threatened to jump off the 2nd floor balcony, and as he told her "be my guest!", she did and broke her leg....

Motto:

Do not underestimate the stupidity of a thai woman, even a clever one!

That must be a tough decision to make.

---------------

If she decides, yes, but react, no as it may not show a sound blueprint for future problems.

Which may never happen, as your thread only confirms that really, for most, life in LOS is a big welcome break from anything they have dealt with before in their life.

Bring back one of these things (not really a son per say, but the problem you most likely always dealt with, as his father) and watch it change paradise into hell in no time...

I hope you stand up for your right to happiness as and where you wish it.

Life is just too short, no need to tell you.....

[color:"red"] Knowing your "rule", was your husband never tempted to make you leave?

[/color]

No, Sweet Naiv and I will never make him leave. We don't leave the house when we have a fight, our house is big, many rooms to go to to cool off. Our policy is when one is hot another one stays cool and I let him have his last word :devil: I feel that ones don't get good results when both are in hot tempers. The best way I find is when we cannot agree, we agree that we don't agree and cool off to think things through. Also, we never get mad at each other beyond bedtime for life is short my friend, no one knows that we are going to wake up the next day, why be mad at each other?

Jasmine ::

Also, we never get mad at each other beyond bedtime

Bravo! (Unfortunately I couldn't find the applauding smiley... )

I just wish that I will be able to follow this rule too.

I missunderstood you, I thought that you wouldn't accept if your partner leaves an overheated fight. But since you have a big house, to hide in another room is of course a good idea.

Now, I live in a small appartement and to hide just in the kitchen or bath room isn't really an option, because you could hear anything trough the door....

So please consider that for some poorer people leaving the "house" is the only option to cool down a hot discussion.

Best regards

Should this point out that to be loving a farang will never equal loving a thai, or worse, that as long as things work out, it's OK, but problems are to be dealt with one's feet (walking out).

And what do you think made her decide in the first place to look for a farang lover? Couldn't it be that the TGs who look for farang lovers decided not to accept anymore certain behaviors from their partners? And that they believe, rightly or not, that she won't have to accept as much when she lives with a farang?

And why should she stay with a farang lover if he brings the same problems as a thai lover? Then she could as well stay with a thai lover.

Best regards

Archived