visit of my son and friend pisses off my gf

thalenoi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about relationships with Thai women, but I don't think it matters, in this case, and I agree with you. Talk of break-up over a small family matter is far too extreme.

Fortunately, similar to what KS said, my Asian wife embraces my family, problems and all (mostly my problems:)).

I agree too. Imo, if a girl has once threatened to leave, it is possible to calm things down and she might stay for a couple of weeks/ months, but from my experience she will eventually leave sonner or later. Probably, there has been other things in the relationship. Imo it would be wise to look for somebody else.

"Talk of break-up over a small family matter is far too extreme"

So you would consider house crashing for 4 months with his irresponsible friends a "small family matter"? Insulting his gf origins to his face a small family matter?

What does the son need to do to make it a BIG family matter? Beat up the gf?

If either or my sons showed up and behaved in this way, it would be big family matter. Hopefully I would see it myself and not have to have my wife point it out, or make a dramatic move to get my attention.

Parents need to face the fact that when their children reach adulthood, they should be treated as such. I have seen too many parents defend indefensible behaviour in the children, even when they are adults.

A general note, not to USVirgin:

It is amazing to me the way some people manage to put any situation into a Thai vs Farang thing. Give it a break.

TH

Hi,

How long have you been married? :)

Seriously though, Thai women are often WAY too prone to hysterics and seem to believe that the way to react is to imitate the soap operas, i.e. throw a tantrum over even the slightest problem.

During these fits they often come up with the most moronic things (I'm gonna leave, I'm gonna kill myself, ... ) with the idea that you will try talk them out of it to proof how much you love them.

The first few times you try to reason with them, then you try fighting, then you realize that the best thing to do is just ignore them until the fit blows over.. and then talk.

Sanuk!

>I would venture to say that very few farang women would say this but then admitedly, I have been away from farang women for a long time. I hear about people have big arguments and Thai women playing this card. All I can say is that I would not want to be in a relationship with suich a volatile woman.

C'mon, you know they can be like children. Close their eyes until undesirable circumstances are gone. Here, it requires her physical absence and she's doing (threatening to do) just that.

If you are after women who work on difficulties to overcome them, Thailand is the worst place in the world to look for a mate. In 5 centuries they may come close to where farang women were 10 centuries ago.

[color:"red"] One more thing: In general these TGs think nothing about imposing their families and their ways on us. [/color]

Not true in most cases I have known. My family would not even think about imposing, neither my Thai friends. The word "Kreng Jai" is quite strong for these people.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] However, it is a little disturbing that your girlfriend would consider leaving you so easily though. It suggests that the strengh of the relationship is bnot that strong, of her commitment to it is not that great.

[/color]

I thought it was a little too easy to consider leaving myself. But, giving the situation of no legal commitment and because of that, the GF can feel that she is there temporarily, the stress can bring the show-down.

I am not saying that a marriage can solve everything but legal committed relationship does make lots of difference, especially to women. IMO, of course.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] You never know. He might think of you as settling down with an ex-bar girl, and think it all party time there for you, and is just following in 'dad's' footsteps.

[/color]

HT, you said what I wanted to say but could not make sound like I was being a snob so I didn't say it. :o

I have seen it happen here that many in-laws have no respect for the Thai wives becuase of the bar thing in Thailand. Sad is, these people never know for sure where the T wives were from.

I also feel firm that it has a lot to do with the legal commitment. You will never see a wife who knows that she owns the house too, to tolerate such behavior. Worse, she would kick him out herself! I don't have the impression that this GF feel much security on the realtionship.

Jasmine ::

[color:"red"] Seriously though, Thai women are often WAY too prone to hysterics and seem to believe that the way to react is to imitate the soap operas, i.e. throw a tantrum over even the slightest problem. [/color]

You may have a point there KS, however, not all T women are such. I also, asked a few people who are married to Westerners about extreme behaviour and was told by several Thai women that they only acted such with Western men (I don't believe it, ok?). ::

There is an article on the Thai soap opera which said that the Thais are supposed to be discreet of their emotion, the opera is a bad example of behaviour.

If I ever throw a tantrum, I will have to beg on the street and my mother won't even feed me. :down:

Many Thai families dissaprove such behaviour.

Jasmine

Archived