visit of my son and friend pisses off my gf

thalenoi

Hi,

"You may have a point there KS, however, not all T women are such."

Agreed. Many are though.

"Many Thai families dissaprove such behaviour."

I know, my mother-in-law often agrees with me when I have dispute with the misses. So now my wife doesn't call her mother anymore to get her opinion on it :)

Sanuk!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its what I would do, she's hardly committed if after two days of having her boyfriends son in the house she wants to leave. Has she invited relatives to the house, she has to appreciate that this is her boyfriends son.

I find it astounding that people on this board would put their GF before their son, absolutely astounding. Lets look at what the sonS done, slammed a few doors and come back late at night.......

STH

spirit_of_town_hall said:

Its what I would do, she's hardly committed if after two days of having her boyfriends son in the house she wants to leave. Has she invited relatives to the house, she has to appreciate that this is her boyfriends son.

I find it astounding that people on this board would put their GF before their son, absolutely astounding. Lets look at what the sonS done, slammed a few doors and come back late at night.......

STH

I tend to look at it this way. The problem is the son not recognizing that he is a guest in his fathers home which also happens to be the HOME of his fathers girlfriend. Regardless of if she contributes monetarily it is still very much her home until she or Thaleoni decide it should not be her home. We are speaking of a woman that is not a one night sand but is in a committed relationship. Thalenoi and the GF have a life/relationship TOGETHER in Thailand, not a life that should be open to disruption and disrespect by anyone and that should include blood relatives.

This not a simple matter of a son slamming doors and carousing into the wee hours of the morning. This is a case of a son that does not appreciate that he is a GUEST at his father's domicile and should act accordingly.

Trust me if it was my kid and I felt there was a lack of respect or appreciation I would tell him to rent another place to stay. Blood ain't got squat to do with it.If it was my GF I would tell her to relax and let me smooth things over.

When junior goes back to farangland I wouldn't want to be looking for a new partner because I couldn't put him in his proper place.

Do you honestly condone the son's behavior and think it is worth his "blood bond" to alter your comfortable life you created for yourself?

Lets look at what the sonS done, slammed a few doors and come back late at night.......

STH,

I think you forget some things:

- Taking back a floozy while he also has a gf back in farangland;

- Have screaming fights with her in the middle of the night;

- Doesn't clean up after himself;

- Generally disrespects her (coming from a rice hut she should be grateful to Thalenoi, his words);

To add insult to injury, he also plans to stay another two months while Thalenoi is away. Looks like a nightmare scenario for her. Come on STH, if you were in her shoes, would you put up with this?

To add insult to injury, he also plans to stay another two months while Thalenoi is away.

Hmm, what is the age of the son and the gf? If they have comparable age there could be, considering the son's lack of respect for the gf and her old profession, another, much worse reason why the gf doesn't want to stay together with the son, especially when the father is leaving....

And of course the gf couldn't speak about this!

Best regards

Talk of break-up over a small family matter is far too extreme.

It could be that she doesn't feel very secure about her position. In this situation people either.... attack or retire.

I am guessing that most bgs or exbgs would prefer to attack (to show weakness is IMO not a good strategy in the bg environment)

Best regards

If my wife threatened to leave, her and I would have a very serious talk indeed. To me, this is not the sort of thing you play games with? If Thai woman threatened to kill herself during an argument, I would pack my bags there and then and would leave.

I really can?t imagine such behaviour being accepted under any circumstances. Marriage is a big deal and people, in the cases mentioned ? Thai women ? should not play games with it.

I think anyone who accepts such behaviors is in for one roller coaster ride of a marriage. A close friend who also reads this board told me about a couple that we both know, a Western couple who lived in Thailand for a while. The female of the couple gave him a couple of bits of advice about marriage (they have been married for 25+ years). She said NEVER ever mention divorce unless that is what you intend to do. And NEVER argue in front of others or say anything negative about the state of your relationship to others. I think this is sound advice.

Stick

I think a key point needs clarification here. Leaving the house and leaving the relationship are two very different intents. Was her intent to leave a leaving of the relationship for good? Or, was it a case of leaving temporarily, as in, "I am leaving this house until such a time as your son vacates it."

I get the impression that many have this confused and I myself have read into it both possiblities. At first I believed it to be the first experssion but now think she had the second in mind from the start.

Which one is it?

Hi,

"I really can?t imagine such behaviour being accepted under any circumstances. Marriage is a big deal and people, in the cases mentioned ? Thai women ? should not play games with it."

Oh, I fully agree, but tell that to them, as pretty much all the Thai women I know play these games, both bargirls and non-bargirls.

Sanuk!

Archived