Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

Nightlife

- General Nightlife

- Newbies

- Trip Reports

- Regional Sanuk

-------------------------------

I am perplexed. Doesn't this encourage people to see the board as only a place for nightlife bound reports, questions, regional infos.

Should we then have a section in GD or A&C, for non-nightlife reports, questions and international tourism?

Read thru the thread, and it seemed that quickly the question was about its failing and something had to be done about it.

There is always place for improvement, but i don't see that nanaP is doing too bad on any count, and I would hate to see too much corseting of the subjects into too specific sub-sections.

About he whole nightlife subject, i have always disagreed that that's what the site is about. Sure, that's what brings guys to nanaP.com at first, added to the magic attached to the word "Thailand", as experienced by everyone of us.

But If I was a nightlife hound on the net, I'd be expecting a site with pix, girls badge#, exchange of sex skill knowledge amongst us, I mean, the whole shenanigan for full titillating.

We are not about that, so to me, Nightlife may be the most popular section on the board, but that's all it is. Why take previously separate sections and build them into it?

I may be wrong, just a thought.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"How about a smackdown forum? Grudges developed in the course of a normal thread are taken to the smackdown forum where they can be continued no holds barred. Thereby reducing the disruption to the original thread."

This has been suggested before, but I am afraid that grudges will *not* stay in that forum only and *will* spill onto the other forums. This in turn will then cause more problems than it solves.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"Doesn't this encourage people to see the board as only a place for nightlife bound reports, questions, regional infos."

Why? We now have 6 different categories and only 1 deals with nightlife related issues. All I have done is move all these forums under one header, making it easier for those not interested to just close that category completely.

"Should we then have a section in GD or A&C, for non-nightlife reports, questions and international tourism?"

Yes, I think non-adult / non-nightlife trip reports could go into either Stories or A&C. I have no preference for where.

Sanuk!

Obviously making them available for free will seriously hurt my income from the site.

Not necessarilly, for example, making good quality visa advice/information available would be an asset to your site, it would increase its functionality and attract extra traffic/visitors both of which would add value to your sites marketability. An added bonus would be that this is at the expense of your competitor (Thai visa) Since this info is already free on their site, it should have no significant impact on your subscription earnings, the only cost to you would be an increase in bandwidth charges. The feature I like the most on the Thai Visa site is the Farang orientated news stories, this can be acheived with a simple bit of Java programing and IMO, it would appear a bit of cut and paste direct from the news sites. This again would increase marketability (click through fees/commissions) the more targeted visitors you can attract the more revenue is available from businesses targeting your customer group. There are many ways you could obtain income from your site but these depend on the expertise/resources/time and budget available to you. IMO the biggest factor is time, you don't have to be a technical geneious, I'm not and I make an excellent living from the web. What you have actually got here, is a respectabe fledgling Brand, addressing the better end of the market that you are in, any developments you make should reflect this, a long term business plan would be in order at this stage. Do you want to remain an 'adult' interest site or do you want to attract more 'family' type tourists? personally I would stick to what was already working at this stage, and concentrate on increasing the customer base. I have dozens of ideas for ways income could be generated from the site, I would be happy to meet and have an in depth chat next time I am in town. Over a beer of course :beer:

this is a board primarliy about nightlife with Thai hos and relationships with Thai hos and ex hos.

-------------------

Only because most guys are involved with them. But i see there is enough space for people dating net chicks, so-called gtgs, etc...

You definitely intend to shame the girls (for being lazy, greedy) when using "whore". Funny how some of the most indulging punters (only guess from your previous posts) can be so moralistic about people they associate freely with.

Fact is, if we easily label them "whores" with everything the word infers, then i think the PC brigades back home are quite justified to call us desperate loosers, fat bastards, scum of the west, looking for a cheap fuck abroad. To, paraphrase you, there are other options to get screwed and most guys in the west choose them. And if that's your only way, Why give yourself the clean label of consumer and damn the girls, when you pretty much belong to their world as much as them?

PS: I write "you", but not really pointing aggressively. Could be me, other members, anyone who indulged.

QuickBuffalo said

"The real competitor for this board is not Thaivisa but bkktonite.com.

Its a bit racier than nanaplaza and some contributors may have been lured away for that reason. "

I agree this is true. Communities sort themselves out in time. Yet I also know that I was one of a few others who were originally more drawn to BKK Tonight in days gone by and moved to here due to too much childishness and lack of moderation there. They struggle with the inane constantly. I lost patience and moved on. Spend some time there and you come to really appreciate the presence of moderators here who keep this board what it is at present- a great community.

What I find more of here is heart, maturity, and life outside of the scene-- all things which appeal to me more than the limited scope of 'just' the scene.

Hi,

"for example, making good quality visa advice/information available would be an asset to your site"

While I agree to an extent (and we do have quite a bit of free info on the site already, General Info section), offering visa advice / info is something that would require a lot of time / effort to keep current and reliable. Time I do not have.

"The feature I like the most on the Thai Visa site is the Farang orientated news stories"

Hmm, had kinda planned on not mentioning this yet, but oh well. Have a look at this page. Sounds like this is what you have in mind.

[shit, looking at it, it seems that a whole bunch of gone missing :( ]

"I have dozens of ideas for ways income could be generated from the site, I would be happy to meet and have an in depth chat next time I am in town. Over a beer of course"

Would like that. Our biggest problem is that both Jigger and I are techies, and neither of us has any marketing skills.

Sanuk!

...as far as the nasty little swipe about those who call every working girl a whore, I resemble that remark! I still and will always believe they are!

It tells me a lot more about you than the person you're refering to.

Whatever makes you happy.

Hi ks,

Just thought I would offer my two cents worth.

As a member for less than two years I can't comment too much on changes. I haven't noticed much in that time.

The style of the Board I find to be at the right level - not too restrictive, but with enough rules and active mods to keep it civilized. I guess the common denominator of most, if not all, people who look at it is an "interest" in that feature of Thai life known as "The Nightlife". Many indulge, or have in the past indulged in its delights and dramas. Tourist arrivals in Thailand are something like 10m a year and we have seen figures before for the diproportionate number of male visitors. The people who have an "active" interest in the nightlife probably number into the millions, but the Board has less than 5,000 members. This is not a representative group.

The mixture of Nightlife and other aspects of Thai life - and photos of Janet Jacksons tits - is not one that would be exposed by market research, I suspect - good job you are a techie.

There is a mixture of information and opinion, different attitudes that soemtimes leads to conflicts, but that is what makes it all so interesting.

Somehow a winning combination has been created so changes should be small and gradual. There is no point trying to copy or duplicate other sites - although a News page looks like a good idea.

I hope it all goes from strength to strength and that you finally become a very rich man. :bow:

Thanks for the work you put into this. I for one enjoy it very much.:bow: :bow:

Khwai

Archived