Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

You wrote-

"You definitely intend to shame the girls (for being lazy, greedy) when using "whore". Funny how some of the most indulging punters (only guess from your previous posts) can be so moralistic about people they associate freely with"

Actually not being moralistic at all. In fact, I had an uncle who had a moral and we kicked him out of the family :)

In all seriousness I have found over the past 4 1/2 yrs here the PC guys who claim they have so much respect for women actually treat them the worst. I ALWAYS shoot straight with the hos and with my girlfriend. I am honest about going ST with other girls and honest with the ST girls about my girlfriend. Many of the more PC guys I know make no qualms about lying to girlfriends and lovers. In my mind that is FAR worse than referring to a girl as a whore!

I am avid fan of Camile Paglia who is a pro-sex feminist. She says the whore is one of the most powerful figures around I agree. They hold a lot of power in that pussy and many know how to use that. How can you not admire that? So I see no "shame" in being one. It is society that cannot deal with it...and as long as they are pariahs it will continue to be viewed as an easy way out!

As farang we can learn a lot about how to treat Asian women from the Thai men. No I am not talking about the Isaan men who smack their girls around. I am talking about your average Thai man who STILL believe in role definition and realizes that both sexes have their strengths and weaknesses. He compartmentalizes his women. There is the wife and the P4P gals. They both have a different status both in his mind and in their minds. We Westerners tend to come over here and recreate the realtionships that we have in the West complete with kowtowig to the female and her every want and desire. No Thai woman will ever respect you if you do that because she sees you as weak. If you assert yourself at first you can always back off a bit later but if you do not she will see you as an ATM!!!!

Hey, they offer you your balls back at Immigration the first time you come to Thailand. It is up to you to take them ;)

GS

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I am talking about your average Thai man who STILL believe in role definition and realizes that both sexes have their strengths and weaknesses. He compartmentalizes his women. There is the wife and the P4P gals.<<<

yeah, right...and there are also more than a few of those "average asian" guys with cut off willies.

the way he generally "compartmentalizes" his women is by bragging in front of his mates how many he did (even though he does a lot less of course) and when you see that same "average guy" together with his wife he usually is dead quiet. and if one of his exploits his missus gets to know the pans and knifes are flying generally. living in a pure thai neighborhood i get to see that rather often. more often than not it's the wife who beats the shit out of the "average asian" guy.

by the way, part of the traditional role models here is that finances are controlled by the wifey - guy gets his paycheck and delivers it straight to the missus who in turn puts every day enough money in his wallet for food and transport. so, remember if you prefer that "asian way" of relationship than go all the way. just taking from each culture what appears most comfortable for you might be...comfortable, but has nothing to do with either asian or european culture, and so cannot be applied as proof of your argumentation.

and regarding "mia nois" - the "average asian" guys i know might brag about that they are the master of the house and can do as they please, but reality with all of the one's i know is that wifey does not know shit, and he is blackmailed into paying for the mia noi on threat of exposure, works countless hours overtime or a second job wifey knows nothing about to meet the expense.

reality and wishful thinking... :p

"Sorry, while I understand which feature you are talking about, I am at a complete loss with regards to: "This system gave the poster a stronger sense of relevancy and truer measure of credit, compared to simply counting the number of posts of each member"

For example:

Poster A starts a thread and there are follow up posts by Poster B and C.

The thread continues but Poster C has generated much more interest with his post than Poster B.

All subsequent followups are directed to comments made by Poster C.

Poster C can see for himself the impact his comments have made by the references to his posts.

I think this would encourage posters who like to measure their " hit value" to post more.

Just my humble opinion.

Walletss,

Do you view the posts in FLAT or THREADED mode ?

Even thought this Bulletin Board is called "UBB.Threads", I believe that many (or most) people use it in the Flat mode. Meaning many posts are sequential and replying to the last person in the thread (especially now with this Quick Reply function).

Actually, I tried to change to Threaded display mode but really don't like that way (maybe I don't understand how to use it)?

goatscrot said:

There is the wife and the P4P gals. They both have a different status both in his mind and in their minds. We Westerners tend to come over here and recreate the realtionships that we have in the West complete with kowtowig to the female and her every want and desire. No Thai woman will ever respect you if you do that because she sees you as weak. If you assert yourself at first you can always back off a bit later but if you do not she will see you as an ATM!!!!

I don't know how many Thai guys you know but from my experience in Bangkok I see a lot of them "kowtowing" to their wives, GF's and mia nois. They spoil the shit out of them and try to make them very happy. Some of these guys won't piss if they know their wives will be upset. Have you ever seen a "GTG" throw a temper tantrum or sulk? Comes out when the "honey approach" doesn't work or you tell them "No" too much or just plain piss them off. Not pretty but it seems to be effective in getting what they want.

Regarding the "whores" as you like to put it or the P4P girls, you may be surprised how many of these upmarket Thai P4P girls are lavished with gifts and coddled by their Thai customers. Thai men are not a group of raving, woman abusing, alchoholics like some here think. I have found the majority to be very conservative, reserved and traditional. The ones that chase chicks don't just simply throw money at them like many farang do. They actually sweet talk these women. Have you ever heard a Thai guy sweet talk? Some of the stuff they say makes you think they got it out of a poetry book and some of it is sickingly too sweet and I could never say with a straight face. They compliment the chicks non-stop.

Maybe you deal strictly with "whores" as your post implicates in the farang scene and as a result your perceptions of male female Thai relationships are skewed. I deal with the prostitutes in the farang scene too, so can see how you may get a little confused. Either that or you watch too many "Shogun" type movies.

Chanchao and All,

"Who needs traffic.. We need posts, not traffic.."

You are 100% correct dear sir! :-) Without posts there will be no traffic. By driving away certain "unwanted" posts and posters the diversity of the board is constricted more and more. There is less to choose from for ALL the members to read. Certain "cliques" may want this to be so. They feel there is "too much" emphasis on the Pay for Play sex scene and venues. They feel they have the true and right way of approaching sanuk in Thailand. Will you members let them stifle your board and make it into only what some of them want to see on here?

I myself feel the board is doing good in presenting something for everyone. There is a new family forum on here now, a culture and arts forum, a regional forum, etc. There is a forum for almost anyone's needs for a trip to Thailand, and good info and interesting stories and posts on nearly every subject you could think of if living in, or wanting to visit the LOS. Whether you are looking forward to your first trip to Thailand, or your twentieth. Whether you are there for the ladies and the sex, or just for a visit to the temples, a stretch out on the beach getting a tan, a trip to the mountains, or a visit to K11 in Cambodia, or a visit to a club in Butterworth, or a weekend visa renewal trip to Kuala Lumphur, or a visit to Isaan and the villages. KS does a good job trying to give what the members want, ALL the members. The biggest problem I see is not enough people speak up and tell him what it is they desire or need from the board. A lot of people reading here just don't seem to want to take a few minutes to fill out a poll so the man can see what the members really would like to see on here. That is a shame.

The board is only as good as you yourself make it. Speak up. Post something. Don't let the "core" groups dominate the discussions. Don't allow others to take away what makes this board the best one out there.......it's diversity. Speak up, and please post something. Lurkers and lurking don't add a damned thing to the board. If we all lurked there'd be nothing to read on here. Whether newbie or old hand, or somewhere in between, your voice needs to be heard, your stories and trip reports will be appreciated, not by all, but by those who are interested in each individual forum on here. Your addition to a discussion will make it livlier, and your opinion is as wanted and needed here as anyone else's. Whether newbie or lurker or "shy" member. Remember this board is your board too. Tell KS what you like here, and what you'd change or add.

Another problem I see here is a lack of tolerance at times for others views by some, or for repeated newbie questions. Sometimes there seems to be a certain few who seem to feel the need to pick apart every post, debate every post, just for the sake of debate. It's not a discussion board, but a war, an all out battle, to get their point over on all else, to be "right" and the "winner" of the debates. I find this very annoying, and I feel it does cause a lot of others to just say "fuck it"! Who needs the headaches? Who wants to debate their every word to these self appointed guardians of the correct way of sanuk? Why don't they just start a debate society somewhere else and go play with each other? :-) I wish they would take the time to write something interesting and topical, rather than argue and waste time trying to defend or beat the rest of us over the head with their point of view. It just goes on ad nauseum. Give it a rest guys.

I can see this drives others away from the board. It keeps others from posting their thoughts. I think some become too damned possessive of the subjects relating to Thailand. Some people need to lighten up. Or spend less time on their computers maybe! :-)

The other thing is those who seem to need to put down those who post what they don't like, all the time. And the stalking of certain posters that a few "core" members may disagree with. SO, they gang up on the supposedly offending party, and try to drive them off because their views don't agree with these "righteous" members views. To me that is utter bullshit. Where is the "sanuk" in this behaviour? And this stuff will only hurt the board in the long run, and is something that should be discouraged, by each and every member who values the diverse opinions and views and information on this board. Speak up. Add your voice and opinion to the board. And please do the polls, and answer in the threads that pertain to the direction of the board, and what you members, all the members, want to see on here.

Not just the vocal few.

Cent

Archived